Smart Lipo Totally Worth It to Sculpt NOT for Weight Loss.

I LOVE it. It looks so good that my anti...

I LOVE it. It looks so good that my anti plastic surgery husband is going to get it done too!  My girlfriend and neighbor had smart lipo and said they would do it again. They both had tried lipo dissolve previously and were not happy with the results. If you are more than 50lbs over weight, it is NOT for you. Pricing is as follows $4,500 for 1st area, $2,500 for 2nd, and $1,500 for all areas there after.

I am 40 years old 5'6" 135 LBs and athletic. I had huge flanks/love handles and outer theigh,  First I had my stomache and flanks done (4 very small incisions on my back & 4 incisions on my stomache area), 1.5 liters were removed and now I have a flat tummy and NO muffin top.  One month later I had my outer in inner theighs done (5 very tiny incisions on each leg) and they now look great. 1.5 liters removed again and cellulite is much reduced. My body is evenly proportioned and I look so much better in a bathing suit and low cut jeans. No more spanks!

My recomendations:

DO NOT think you are going to return to work three days later. Total BS. Take at 7-10 off. They say you can resume working out after two weeks, Total BS more like one month.

Do not combine more than two areas in one proceedure. More fat can be removed and better sculpting can be done in two separate proceedures.

You must wear a compression garmet for atleast two weeks and the garmet is very uncomfortable. I thought spanks felt like soft cotton panties compared to the garmet.

Make sure you get a script for anti yeast infection medication because you will be on antibiotics.

Pain meds and healing make you itch! So use oatmeal soap,  take two benedryl, and cortizone cream. It will help some.

If you get theighs or buttocks done save two liter pop bottle and cut bottom off of bottle and use as a funnel because it is painful to sit down to pee.

Drink as much water as possible because your body is getting rid of dead fat cells. They say eat light breakfast day of proceedure and I did on first proceedure and I puked when I got home. The second proceedure I skipped breakfast and had no problem with nausea.

Everyone's experience is different, but you will be awake during proceedure. It takes 4-6 months for body to totally heal and see final results.

Coeur d'Alene General Surgeon

He is experienced, board certified, and did a wonderful job.

Hi! I see it has been about a year since you had your procedure and wanted to see if you were still completely satisfied? I have a consultation next week with Dr. Lundeby to see about SmartLipo on my "muffin top and love handles" I am 5'5 and 118lbs and pretty healthy except for the fact that my body likes to store fat around my mid-section(UUGHH...sigh) so I probably have about an extra 2 inches that can be pinched on my belly and love handles. Also wondering if you could share with me about how much your abdominal region cost you? Thanks for any info you choose to share!
I am going to Reflectios Med Spa,(in CDA) but I am seeing the other Doctor, Kevin Johnson. Does anyone have any smart lipo feed back on him? I am scheduled in about a week. Thanks!
Thanks for the tips!
Janny, I would go in for a consultation with Dr. Lundeby in Spokane. He is board certified, not only a general surgeon, but a vascular surgeon as well. Look at before and after photos and see if you like the results. If you do it, plan on being in bed for around 7 days and taking it easy for 14 days and not working out for a month. I don't care what they say! They give a 10% discount for cash on surgeries. Good luck, let me know how it goes. Also, you are still young, make sure you plan on having no more children. I can't imagine after the laser tightens the skin, then stretching it out all over again. Anyway, just a thought.
So, I'm thinking about getting this done. I live in Spokane. I'm 26, but after two kids my stomache is, well, blah. Which doctor did you use?I want to make sure they come recommended. :) Thanks. --
Editor's Note: Provider information is located at the top of the review. You must be signed in to view, which requires free registration for an account.
From your height and weight description, I would think there would be very little debulking and mostly sculpting. What I mean by sculpting is proportionality. So if they take the desired amount of fat from your outer thigh, they must make your inner thigh, butt, and lower thigh all be in proper proportion to the new outer thigh. Believe it or not there is a formula for beauty. It is mathmatical. The nose, eyes, lips, ans even ears should be a certain size in realation ship to each other. For example, look at Michael Jackson's nose is way to small for his face. It looks horrible. My girlfriend had a breast lift and they had a formula for what the perfect breast should look like. Does that make sense? My right leg was bigger than my left leg. For my legs to me more in proportion or equal to each other I had to have more lipo done on the right leg. I only paid $2500 to have my legs done and I have twice as many incision on my legs as my stomach and love handles. Dr. Lundeby told me he did sculpting to my legs and more debulking to my love handles. As for being "lumpy." After lipo you are not smooth. Your skin is swollen, black and blue, dimpley. That is completely normal. As you wear your garmet your skin heals and tightens and the dimples and lumps move around then go away. Right now I am 10 weeks out on my mid section and 3 weeks out on my legs. My stomach still has a few lumps and my legs are still a little swollen but as for texture, the legs look better than before. My upper outer thigh had a lot of cellulite and it is gone. Send me your personal e-mail address and I can take a picture of what I look like now. They have tons of before and after pictures at Reflection Med Spa. You should be able to get a good idea of what the results should be from those. I hope this helps.
hi steph. thanks so much for getting back to me. could you tell me what the difference is between sculpting and debulking? i think i actually want to do both of those things. i'd like my saddle bags to be smaller (debulking?) and i'd like for the cellulite on the front back and sides of my legs to decrease (sculpting?). after hearing the description of what i want, do you think it is do-able w/ the smart lipo? what do you think i can expect (realistically)? anyway, you said that you are still a bit lumpy? what do you mean by that? are you cellulite lumpy or swollen lumpy? i'm sorry if these seem like weird questions. i'm just trying to find out everything i can, before i do the procedure. thanks so much! does the med spa have your before and after photos? hope to hear from you soon.
Hi, so sorry about not checking my e-mail more often. As for the pop bottle, we should make a plastic contraption like that in designer colors and market them to all these plastic surgons. What should we call it? The "urinator" or "the stand up & pee" product line. LOL! Anyway, I still have scars and have not done the laser yet. I am waiting for my legs to heal more. And then I can do all my scars at the same time. I was told the laser will reduce the redness and severity of the scars significantly, but the laser can NOT make the scars disapear completely. My expectations need to be realistic. The best thing I can do is keep the scars out of the sun! My two girlfriends that had smart lipo done several months ago look great. I could not tell they had anything done, stomache was smooth and looked totally natural. As for me I am still a bit "lumpy" but it is getting better as my body sheds the dead fat cells. I started doing endermology to speed the healing. As for clothes, I did drop a size. I was an 8 now I am a 6. My weight has stayed constant. I am going to have to go thru my closet and take in the waist in all my pants. I ordered some true relgion strait leg jeans and had to return them for two sizes smaller. Before my surgery I could never wear this type of jeans because of my body shape. I had big love handless a bit of a gut, but not too bad. No butt what so ever and large outer thighs. I could never wear jeans with pockets because it made my butt look a mile long. (I know we are our own worst critics!) Now when you look at my body it is in proportion. I have a butt!! My outer thigh is still there but it is not bigger than my butt. My stomach is flat and I still have love handles but they do not roll over my jeans. Now if I want to be a total perfect hard body I need to do the rest with diet and weights. Which I will work on to some degree. Amy, it sounds like you have a game plan. If I were you I would really explain to Dr. Lundeby that you want to be SCULPT and NOT debulked in a particular area. Remeber sculpting requires symetry and in my case for my thighs to be symetrcal I could never do just one area. For my thighs to be more in proportion with my new body I had 6 incisions on my right leg and 5 on the left leg. And I thought I just needed my outer thighs done! So be really articulate in what you want the results to be and do NOT focus on what areas need to be done. You are paying a lot of money to have this done, make sure and use the Doc's expertice. Good luck and let me know how it goes.
Glad to hear you're improving, Steph! :) As for the pop bottle idea, actually they already make devices so women can stand up to pee (don't ask me how I know this!). It's like a funnel thing and some of the recommended uses are for camping trips, road trips, etc. I think we missed a golden opportunity (pun intended). ;)
Sharon, Good one!
hi steph...i was so excited when i read your review, and saw that you had your procedure done in spokane. i am having smart lipo done by the same doctor in march. i'm excited and nervous all at the same time. i'm 34 years old, and i'm starting out w. my outer thighs. if i like the results, i'm quite sure ill do inner thighs as well. anyway, i am 5'9 and weigh between 135 and 140 lbs. i wanna get rid of the saddle bags and remove cellulite. could you tell me if you've noticed a change in clothing sz, weight, cellulite, skin firmness, etc.? also, are you still seeing results? looking forward to hearing from you! i bet you look great. did your girlfriends go to the same dr.? do they love their results as well? talk to you soon.
I do not have the pictures. You can call the Med Spa and they have some good before and after photos. I could see really good results after one month.
Good advice about the bottle...exactly what I had to do! How are your scars healing? I'm about a month out and mine are still bright red and look deep...yuk!
I am 6 weeks into my recovery on my abs, arms, sides and jawline. I love my jawline, no scars and it is still sore but healing well. My results on my lower abdomen are not as flat as I had hoped and I am nor was I overweight. I just had some muffin top and slightly pouchy stomach that I wanted done and I am wondering if in the healing over the next few months if a real difference is the norm. Anyone know? I hate, totally hate the freckle like 30 or so marks all over my stomach from the procedure. I have never scarred badly and wonder is this normal? Does everyone get these marks and so many of them?
"If you get theighs or buttocks done save two liter pop bottle and cut bottom off of bottle and use as a funnel because it is painful to sit down to pee." I wish I'd had this advice! I dreaded each and every time I had to go to the bathroom, the pain was excruciating and the hole in the garment is not big enough to hit your target without making a mess... I also agree that drinking water speeds up the process. I was swollen for an extended period of time until I increased my fluid intake. The more I drank, the more I went to the bathroom, the faster the swelling went down. The only piece of advice I'd add is to have someone around to help you the first time you remove the garment. When I first removed mine, I was overwhelmed and lightheaded and fainted on the bathroom floor. Added more bruises to the bruises I already had from the procedure.
Hi, do you have some pictures?i would like to see your result.I had done 2 months ago,and i am still waiting my final and best result.