Don't Believe Everything You're Told - Things Can Definitely Go Wrong

I'm 4 months out from the procedure and still have...

I'm 4 months out from the procedure and still have signicant bruising on my right side as well as a dent or divet (in the same area). I was told today by another physician that this divet and what they are referring to as mottling (as opposed to bruising) is likely permanent and will not go away. If you're not planning to wear bathingsuits maybe not such and issue - but for me (spend a lot of time outdoors) its very visible and very noticeable. Just be warned that the smooth tight skin that is described when this procedure is being explained may be more an exception than the rule. Four months out and true that the fat is gone from my trouble spots - but my front lower abdomen still looks swollen and lumpy and my right side has a divet and is still black and blue - if everything looked as good as my left side I'd be a happy customer - unfortunately that is not the case.

Eight months out and still have dark mottling on...

Eight months out and still have dark mottling on one side (love handle area) and lumpy, uneven skin on lower abdomen around belly button. I have also lost sensation in this area and while I'm told it will come back after 8 months I'm beginning to doubt it.

I approached this procedure as a way to take care of a couple of trouble spots as I approached 40 - I never dreamt that there could be permanent negative results. As someone who spends a lot of time in a bathing suit (or used to) - I can't say I would have done this knowing what I know now. If you're in Atlanta - be careful who you choose to go to!

I have been looking to have this procedure done. Please tell me which doctor you went to, because I am really trying to narrow it down.
If anyone can help would be greatly appreciated.....call me dumb but I can't seem to for the life of me figure out how or where to post before and after photos. I don't guess I just place them in the comments box. Toni

You can post photos by posting a Smart lipo review here.  thx

I just had smartlipo done 2 days ago in Atlanta. So far I'm ecstatic! Love results. Like I said this is day two for me and I have no bruising. Substantial difference so far. No complaints as of yet and barely any discomfort during the procedure (had maybe 3 quick uncomfortable moments during) and just minor discomfort afterwards. This second day have some pretty extensive itching. I think you have to go into this thing being realistic...you can't expect to look perfect and you are absolutely required to do sit ups like if your having abs done to maximize your results.
Having smartlipo done in about two weeks on lower abs...possibly upper also, in Atlanta...any recommenendations about who to or not to go to? Please..very nervous.
I am nervous as well to go to the wrong doctor, can i have some help? thanks
I am getting ready to get it down in atlanta too. Please tell me the doctor you used so I can make sure not to go to him/her.
I went in town and can't say after my experience that I would recommend the Dr. I went to. Still trying to remedy the mistakes and not making much progress.
I am also planning on having Smart Lipo in the Atlanta/East Cobb area. Looking at doing chin, love handles and abs. I am 5'11" and about 150 and just can't get rid of those stubborn areas after having a baby. My Doc seemed pretty realistic - told me my abs wouldn't be absolutely flat, but would be a definite improvement and I would lose a size or 2. She also said that it can realistically take up to 6-12 months for all of the swelling to go away. There are more than 2 docs in the Atlanta area, and I hope i picked well! would like to hear what others in the ATL area have experienced.
You sound like your being realistic which is good. When you don't set your expectations too high...you might get more than you expected. You have to do your research. Any comment you read once...you have read before... so you know what results could happen and it might be you (just keep an open mind). Anyway so far I am ecstatic with my results just had mine done two days ago in Atlanta. Had upper & lower abs, sides and bra rolls done for around $4000. Good luck TenderToni
So how are you feeling now? Can you really see a difference from your surgery. Do you still have any bruising? Did your cousin go ahead and have the surgery also? I met her at the Dr's lat month. I'm thinking about having the procedure done and a little nervous.
I was planning to have a tummy tuck because two plastic surgeons have told me lipo alone won't tighten my skin enough and give me a flat stomach. I went to see another plastic surgeon who also does SmartLipo and she said I probably would get the result I want from SmartLipo alone, but reading these comments, I'm very concerned. The Dr is in Atlanta, there are only two Docs in Atlanta doing Smart Lipo, this one is off Piedmont near the Home Depot. The office fronts on Morsogo Drive. Is anyone familiar with this doctor?
Yikes! You just scared me. I'm about to have smartlipo in Atlanta. Where should I go?