Smart Lipo on my Outter Thighs

Hi everyone, I wanted to share my experience thus...

Hi everyone, I wanted to share my experience thus far. I was scheduled to have smart lipo on my inner/outer thighs and knees. However, I just got my outer thighs done on the scheduled date (Tuesday). I am going back for the inner thighs and knees on Friday.

I had some complications with the numbing fluid. They started with the regular dose, but when he started the procedure it was so painful, I could barely take it. I was thinking "My God, how am I going to take this pain for 2.5 hours!!" Apparently my body was sucking in the fluid, way too quickly. They had to give me two bags full. They said enough for a 300 lb person and I'm only 130 lbs. My doctor said I was the 3rd case in his career that this has happened with. I felt a little abnormal, but what could I do? Once we figured the problem and he used more numbing liquid, I was good to go! Today is Wed, the day after the procedure and I am definetly sore and bruised and I am not able to tell a difference at all at this point. Can anyone tell me when I will be able to see a difference at all? I'm sure I still have a lot of fluid in me. I did not leak too much unfortunatly. It's hard to walk around, sit on the toilet, and chair.

I actually went to work today, which maybe was not the best idea. Guys, just one thing I wanted to bring to your attention. Get up from the bed slowly and give yourself time. I got up pretty quickly in the morning and went to the bathroom. As I was in the bathroom, I got very light headed and started sweating. I laid back down and let me body calm itself. I'm not quite sure why that happened? Has anyone had that happen to them? Any feedback you can give a recovering person would be much appreciated. I am a little bit down b/c I look so big at the moment.

Still too early to say a definite yes.

Please provide us with your doctor! interested in finding a good doc in the NYC area.
Who Is your doctor? And can you post up pictures please!

hi i'm a bit scare i'm thinking about getting it done in my abdomen and inner thigh but i get the same way like light headed and i start sweating and i have to lay down imagine how i'm going to get after the procedure. can i know where you went if is possible thanks.
I'm back with more updates. Thighs look great and I'm totally stoked! Much more confident. Wish I didn't have cellulite, but that's a different story. The contour is def different. I actually think he could have taken a little bit more off the outer thighs, so I'm going back for a re-touch in the mid fall. Honestly, this is one of the best things I have ever done in my life. I wanna go get my stomach done next. Oh boy--
HI ladies, I am also about 10 days outter thighs, 7 days inner thighs and knees. I saw the doctor yesterday to get my stitches out. I inquired about the swelling and uneveness. But he says it should be looking better in a month. I sure hope so, because it's Memorial Day weekend and I wanted to get away and wear a bathing suit. I have been eating pineapple which I heard helped and taking arnica pills and rubbing arnica gel. Keep me updated ladies!
I had my outer thighs and banana roll done 4/20/09. The first day I thought I looked thinner, but now I really don't see much difference. I felt like i had ALOT of bruising and I still have a good bit - no shorts for a while. I am pretty disappointed but hoping I am still swollen on this 10th day. It is also still very sore, so i hope that is an indication that I am still healing and will shrink. The DR now want me to do endermology but I am broke! I am really hoping I diodn't waste my $4000.
Just read your post and we have similar concerns. I'm 5 weeks out and still feel sore and have no results. I also felt as though I was going to faint a few times in the beginning, particularly after removing my garment, but it quickly ceased. Let's just hope that this was a good decision on ALL our parts. Good luck!
Oh man 6 months? I was hoping for 2 months! Gosh, it took 5 weeks for your bruising to go away? You're making me nervous!
I felt lioght headed a few days after as well. I am about the same weight as you and had the procedure on the same areas. I am 5 weeks in and not much has changed yet. The bruising has gone down yet if I rub my inner thighs they still are very sore. My doctor told me 2 months and final results in 6. Hoping for the best. In the meantime working out like crazy and eating well. Keep me posted.
I had my inner/outer thighs done yesterday and i too don't see any results. My thighs are actually bigger than originally! My doc said by monday the swelling should go down, and I should see normal sized thighs after 2wks! i definitely wasn't expecting this! I'm sorry your have the same problems!

hey congrats! I was reading on another site that fainting is really common post lipo. A whole bunch of people experienced this the first time they got up, and particularly the first time they took off their garment. They all said it didn't happen again after that first time- so hopefully it won't happen again. I bet you will be swollen for a long time though, since you had so much fluid put in...