Smartlipo-the Jury is Out??? Still Waiting

Had smart lipo July 3 on flanks, abdomine and...

Had smart lipo July 3 on flanks, abdomine and inner thighs. I was put under general which was fine with me. I actually prefered it and it did not bother me at all. I leaked for 12 hours and wore compression garment for 2 weeks. I am now in a stage two garment. I have a small lump in left thigh, but continue to massage. I went in 5 days post op and was told 3-6 months to see results. I had 900 cc removed which they said was a lot for me? The more I read, the more I realize that it doesn't sound like much was taken out. I can see that my stomach has gone down but my love handles are still big and my inner thighs are still touching. I thought by 3 weeks I would have my clothes fitting looser, but they are not. I will continue to wear this garment 23/7 until my next visit. I am hoping that this was not all for nothing. I would hate to have to go through this again.

Follow-up visit today, July 29.  Saw my PS...

follow-up visit today, July 29.  Saw my PS today re: a lump in my thigh and continued numbness in flank and upper calf area.  He was concerned that the lump might be a blood clot, thankfully after an ultrasound it is just a scar tissue mass.  He had me do the cold laser treatment again today and I must say, the lump is already smaller.  I can feel some pain, but it's the healing type of pain, if that makes sense.  I have noticed that my stomach and legs are getting smaller, but the flank area is still the same as before the surgery.  I'm still going to be patient and see what happens at the end of August, when I go in again.

i want to get mine done in chicago area, please give me some info about your doc.
Had SL with Vaser and suction done on my thighs 7/1 (front, back, inside and outside) with a total of 8,000 cc's suctioned - apx. 2/3rd of that I was told was fat - ugh! Doctor said to expect up to an 8 mo wait for final results. Had significant bruising, which is now greatly improved, and the swelling was so bad I couldn't bend my knees for the 1st week post-op. I wore the compression garment 23/7 for 2 weeks and am now sleeping in it. I try to drink at least a gallon of fluid (mostly water) every day and walk 3.5 - 4 miles daily. The walking really helps to loosen things up and makes me feel better in general. Also had upper arms done 7/9 and they are coming along nicely. A couple of things I've experienced that many others have also commented on are areas that are hard to the touch, but the skin is numb, deep creases in the skin that seem to be worse when the compression garment is on and more recently sharp needle point sensations that occur randomly on all areas that were treated. Other than that - no pain at all, just discomfort from the swelling and bruising. Hang in there awhile longer - it seems from what my doctor said, in addition to many comments I've read on this website, that the healing process takes longer than most of us would like for it to. Take care and I hope you begin to see positive results soon.
Hi, I had my SL only a couple of days ago on 7/17. I am surpised that my clothes fit me very thight, and i am just hoping that it is due to the swelling, however I am not sure. While I see the "promise" of a result on my stoamch (I had upper and lower abs), it looks less fatty and flatter, I just hope that I will fit into my clothes more comfortably as time passes by. I have a lot of lumps and bumps in my stomach, which are very visible - it looks like that my compression garment makes these huge indentations where it bulges in and out as I sit - I hope they are not permanent! They told me more like 6-8 months for final results.