Smart Lipo of 7 Areas

UPDATE:  I realized I didnt give credit to my...

UPDATE:  I realized I didnt give credit to my wonderful boyfriend, who took excellent care of me for 3 days straight....you will need to have someone that you love and trust to care for you for at least two days (day of and day after).  He held my hair back while I vomited, and changed my bandages, he gave me a sponge bath and got me whatever I wanted.  You probably wont want to eat after the surgery, but you need to for the meds.  Try bland foods like soup or crackers and drink lots of water.

So, make sure you have some one with you that you will feel comfortable seeing you naked and at your worst.  Makes a world of difference.

I had smart lipo done on 1/23/09 and am very happy...

I had smart lipo done on 1/23/09 and am very happy so far!  My main focus was my belly (the lower ab pooch) I could never get flat, so I wanted it sucked out.  But since I didnt have a lot to have removed I decided to tackle some other problem areas as well.  I did my double chin (very small amount), arms, abs (upper and lower), flanks, inner thighs, inner knees and saddle bags.  I am 5' 4" and was 142lbs when I went in.  My legs are pretty big (thanks Mom) and my arms are pretty muscular.

So, the surgery itself was not enjoyable.  I was under "twillight sedation" and was basically asleep, although I remember him telling me to turn over and then I was back out of it.  I spent the first 4 hours after the surgery vomiting....which was awful, but that is from the sedation, not the surgery.  I leaked really badly for 24 hours.  The first night was very uncomfortable.  The maxi pad suggestion is a very good one.

I was pretty mobile by Sunday (two days after) and actually went back to work on Monday and stopped taking pain meds Monday too.

My belly is flat!  No loose skin (I wear the garment religiously).  I dont see any other difference in legs or arms, but the belly and love handles are awesome!  Instant flat belly!

I went for my one week follow up (1/30/09)yesterday, and had the 18 stitches removed (not painful at all) and the doctor said there was still a lot of swelling and that it will be much better in the next few weeks.  Of course, if I am still not satisfied they will do a free touch up, but that does not sound like much fun....basically same procedure all over again.

I love the stomach results, and I hope the legs and arms get better with time.

Please keep in mind that I was not obese.....so that is why I choose to do so many areas...if you have a big tummy you probably need to focus on that and maybe get two sessions if you have other areas.

I would recommend this procedure for contouring, and perfecting problem areas....I had tired for years with sit ups and no luck....so if you are like me, this is a miracle procedure and worth every penny.

Also, note my quick recovery, I attest to being a healthy 34 year old non smoker and very light drinker (a few a month, maybe) and no drugs......so not everyone will be able to go back to work 3 days later.  More realistic is probably to take 3 days off....

Also, please note I have an 11 year old, so I tried for a long time before I resorted to this.  I dont plan on having any more children.  I also dont plan on getting any other procedures done.

Hope this was hopeful.  I will post pics as i get them.

oh yeah one more thing, I gained 8 lbs overnight after surgery...all fluids, etc....after a week of eating healthy I am back to my 142lbs....I freaked out when I got on the scale the next day.

Photo Update

Dr. Keim at Strax Rejuvenation

good service, very knowledgable, caring and great prices!

whats P90X?
You look really good. I am also going to have the procedure done by the same doctor at Strax. You have any suggestions? Overall, was it worth it? I would like to know anything you have to say..;-)
VERY VERY NICE Jenn, congrats! I envy the fact that you don't have a pooch when sitting down. Most people do including me, anyways, you look great.
Hi - I didn't see in your post anything about a touch up, but it mentions it in your last picture.  What area or areas did you have touched up and why?  Did you find the touch up easier or harder than the original in regards to pain and recovery?
My bf and I do P90X... those workouts are awesome!
after my touch up I have a little dimple above my belly button, but its not bad. I do have loose skin where my pooch used to be. Its better to have that, in my opinon than the pooch, but when I sit, or bend over it hangs, its kind of weird looking....maybe I needed a mini tuck instead, who knows. I do know that in clothes I look way better. Flat tummy.
You look great! your stomach looks perfect. Do you or did you ever have a problem with rippling or lumps? that is the only thing holding me back.
I'm 4 wks into my recovery and am still swollen. I wish I can say that my stomach is flat. Not quite yet. So, I'm hoping that my stomach will get flatter as my weeks of recovery fly past.
did you really only pay 3600 for 7 areas? that's amazing! on their website it sais 3500 but i thought it was for only one area...
wow.. that was really cheap;... 7 areas for that price??????? i went to elase and they charged me 7,200 for 3 areas...
YOU LOOK MIAMI/FT LAUDERDALE/BEACH FABULOUS!
Low price great results who says u can't have it all??
Hi Jenn, Did you like your doc? I consulted with a "prominent" doc here in Boca and was quoted $7500 for 4 areas and he didn't even read my medical chart before whisking me off to the finance person to schedule an appointment. When she went to check with the doc about my medical history, I was told I should probably wait...but they took my consult fee anyway.
i've seen some pretty horrible reviews for strax in ft lauderdale...has anyone else heard anything samilar?
anyone have smart lipo on their ankles?
Hey Jenn! You look awesome girl!! woohoo
You look great!! I am going monday 02/09. Can you tell me who was your doctor?
The doctor and clinic is listed above under "Smart lipo provider". Must register (free) to review this information
There are big differences in prices. I am a 43 year old weighing 138 lbs and went for a consultation today and I too have about 7 areas with small amounts of fat to be removed and I was quoted $6000. Doesn't that seem too high?
yes, that seems high.
You look great!
Very interested also live in the ft.lauderdale area can you please recommed dr????
Hi Sanjose, Where are you going to have smartlipo? please give some update since I want to have it too but too scared :(
Hey, Sanjose are you going to have your surgery performed in FT lauderdale as well?
WOW Jenn1227, I am impressed!! I am going in for smartlipo on 2/10/09...I am alittle nervous...any advice..I do have a good surgeon though!