Palomar Star Lux IPL - Slovakia

I had a big blood vessel on my cheek looking like...

I had a big blood vessel on my cheek looking like a big spot and also brown spots near my eyes and above my lip. I had one/ first treatment with Palomar few weeks ago- in December. It is painful, your face is burning for few hours, than it's puffy and bruised for few days. But definitelly worth it! The vessel is gone, and the brown spots are probably 70% better (much better than the doctor predicted actually), so I will need another treatment before the sun comes out. You have to be off sun few month before the treatment. I had a laser treatment before, which didn't help, but not sure what machine they used, so I want to use the above machine again.

Hello Megan,
The laser's high energy burns the blood vessel from inside, and the skin absorbs it, destroys it. The doctor used the laser but with some special attachment or used it through some kind of special little piece, sorry, had my eyes closed, didn't feel anything different, only know from what he was telling me...
Possibly you can find more info about the laser on palomarmedical.com.

Thanks for the info - don't blame you for keeping your eyes closed. I'm so squeamish I have to do the same thing with even the smallest of procedures!

Glad to hear you saw such good results!

Did the doctor explain how the laser made the blood vessel disappear? I'd be curious what it does to cause that, if you guys discussed it.

MUDr Kopal