Last Chance Lipo - Northern Virginia

My slim lipo was completed on August 10, 2010. The...

My slim lipo was completed on August 10, 2010. The procedure was not bad, but I really expected no pain at all based on a friends experience. If you have a tattoo, the tattoo's procedure was much worse than slim lipo. A few pokes were unpleasant, but the minute I indicated that things were uncomfortable the doctor changed the position of the tube. I've entered this blog because I'm nervous about not having the desired results.

I am 5'3 and weighed 167 (evenings) 165 (mornings) at the time of the procedure. The procedure included my lower abs and inner/outer thigh. I believe that my thighs are bruised very badly and they feel rather hard and itchy. My stomach also itches and is not as hard as my thighs. I really see results with my stomach so far. It is not a huge difference, but I can tell that something is happening. My stomach was much larger when sitting. I can certainly notice the room in my pants around the waist. However, I can not tell as much in my thighs.

The compression wear are troublesome! But, I have committed to wearing these ugly SPANX/WHITE-VELCRO BIG BELT until other wise instructed. The compression wear is really tight after the procedure, but I really felt like this was for the best result. Now I'm committing to wearing the pieces only at night and during workouts through week three and four.

I will not have a follow-up visit until 1 month after the procedure. This seems a little odd--especially for a surgical procedure. I've called several times with questions and the counselor was very helpful. She too has had the procedure--going from a size 12 to a size 6. I'm looking for the same result because I was in a comfortable 12 petite (Talbots).

I have not began to workout again. I wanted to give my body some true recovery time. Yes, I workout on average 3-4 days per week. My workout consist of free weights, 30 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical. I'm vegeterian, so my diet is restricted on most days.

Thus far, all is well. I will continue to post my journey and hopefully it will be a good one. I will post my photo's shortly. I need to retrieve the before from the doctor's office. I wouldn't dare take a picture of my awful body on my own.

Dr. Segev

The doctor was very personable and he commented on how he thought things looked after the procedure. He also responded well to my discomfort. The office was clean and the staff is very friendly.