Venus Freeze Review - Sioux Falls, SD

Hello, I am a 41 year old mom who works out...

Hello, I am a 41 year old mom who works out several times a week and am extremely careful what I eat every day. I am 5'6" and 135 pounds, my jeans size is a 4 (or a 27 for designer clothing). I am writing a review for you because I feel that reviews are very helpful in making the decision to "go for it" or not. My cost listed is for a 6 treatment package.

After reading several reviews like the one you are reading now, I decided to just do it, and see if the Venus Freeze would work for me. My goal is to tighten my stomach post child bearing years, make the stomach smoother in appearance, and (hopefully) decrease the appearance of any fat around my navel.

I had my first Venus Freeze today, and this is my feelings about it so far.... At the start of the procedure, I was pretty relaxed and talkative. The technician put some gel all over my belly (reminded me of ultrasound gel) and began taking the hand held instrument over my stomach. Many of the reviews I have read state that it feels like a "warm massage" or that this is a "painless" procedure... I do not fully agree. At FIRST it was like a warm massage and the machine did its thing for what seemed like 15 minutes (honestly I was not really paying attention to time ...yet). During this phase it was warm, but not unbearable, and the tech and I visited. As time went, the sensation started getting pretty warm. I asked the technician if this was the warmest it would get, and she stated that we were at a "43," but ultimately for fat burning and best results you want to be at a "45."

When the machine got to a "45" I won't kid you, it was pretty hot! I can only compare it to the feeling of when you fill the bath with water that is too hot and stick your foot in and then quickly pull it out (cause it hurts) and then your foot still smarts for awhile. It was not intolerable, but it was certainly HOT! It got my attention. At the point where I was starting to really feel annoyed at the burning sensation I asked her how much longer I had to go, and she said 5 minutes.

I am not going to kid you, the last 5 minutes was uncomfortable. I am not a wimp to pain; I have gone through natural childbirth and also have a couple of tattoos. I would compare the discomfort of the last 5 minutes to getting a tattoo in a sensitive area. It is no longer a "relaxing heated stone massage" when the machine is doing its job at a #45. I was squirming a little and I was counting down the minutes. The last 2 minutes, honestly sucked.

When the time ended, the pain stopped. I sat up and talked and really didn't feel that upset at the procedure overall. I wasn't surprised to see that my stomach was red and looked like I had a sunburn on it. I took some Tylenol and went to lunch with a friend.

DAY 1 RESULTS:
1. Stomach was initially pretty red after the intense heat in the last 5 minutes of discomfort.
2. Stomach appeared a little swollen 5 hours later, still red and feels sunburnt.
3. Pain level this evening after Tylenol has worn off = 3/10
4. Despite the redness, the skin does appear a little smoother. :o)
5. It feels like I did 1000 crunches today, and while that is not a bad feeling, I can tell "something" is happening!

I will post more as I go through the week and have 5 more treatments. Please feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer them.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Day 2

Things continue to look great. The redness is almost gone, just a little sensitive still. Stomach still feels tight. Looking forward to the next treatment in less than a week!

I also had 3 venus treatment so far on my buttocks and tighs but with no extreme heat, no pain nothing and I see no changes at all. I have 3 more to go, I am wondering if my technician is doing the treatment right.
I'm sure you shouldn't feel pain but sounds like they're maybe not getting to the right temperature. I'd ask and see what they tell you. Good luck!
Please Please keep us posted on your progress. And thanks for the honest review

after second treatment

My daughter says she can see a difference now, I think I noticed more of a difference last time, but progress is progress...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

second thought

Also, the second treatment didn't hurt like the first one did. I had much more communication with the technician and she was able to adjust the treatment for my comfort level.

Hi do you have any follow up pics? I'm 32 and have been left with saggy skin on my stomach when I bend over after having 2 children (or maybe sun damage) . Im a size uk 8 and work out and eat healthy I am desperate to get rid of this grandma skin! :(
Let me tell you, you are the kind of people who need to do reviews. It was almost like a scientific paper. I really enjoyed reading YOUR review. It caught me by eye from all the others which I honestly just scrolled through. Yours was the first and only review I read and because of it I am DEFINITELY getting this done. Nice job on the thoroughness of your review! Also, thank you for making my decision that much easier!! Kudos!
I would ask the technician to crank it up a little. Try to really communicate with each other!

Excellent doctor and staff. Very kind people and comfortable atmosphere.