March 1, 2011 - Sioux Falls, SD

I have been struggling with my weight for 6 years,...

I have been struggling with my weight for 6 years, after the birth of my 2nd baby. I have gone to personal trainers, done all the fad diets, exercise 5-6 days a week with cardio, lifting weights. My body looks ok, except my flabby stomach. I cry when I come home from aerobics because I am the fattest one there. I still go, but am so self-conscious.

I am scared to death with sleepless nights, but also very excited to see my new look and have some self-worth when it is all over!

Tomorrow it will only be 3 days away, wow! I am...

Tomorrow it will only be 3 days away, wow! I am still so scared but yet so excited. I dread the recovery, but look forward to summer being healed and looking and feeling better about myself. My body disgusts me, and I have no self-worth. It is so depressing. It is so much money, but I want to be a happy Mom to my kids and have fun at the pool this summer! Good Luck next week Tummy tuckers! I am having TT with lipo to bilateral flanks! Is anyone else having the same?

Tuesday I had my tummy tuck and liposuction of the...

Tuesday I had my tummy tuck and liposuction of the bilateral flanks! It was not as bad as I thought! Yes, it was painful, but i think the worst part is the drains. They are a nuisance. As long as I don't overdo it, I am fine! Kimmers was right when she said to play dead for a week. I have to walk to keep the blood clots away, but not a lot. Today was my 1st day home, after spending two nights in the hospital. I missed my kids, and husband has been great! i think they will appreciate me a lot more after this ordeal too! How are all the other March beginning of the months tt doing?

I am now 6 days post-op. My back hurts a lot,and...

I am now 6 days post-op. My back hurts a lot,and hope to get the drains out this week! Otherwise, it really hasn't been as bad as I thought! I can't wait to be able to reap the results phase! How are other March TT doing?

I got my drains out yesterday and feel 90% better...

I got my drains out yesterday and feel 90% better already! I no longer take narcotic pain pills, just ibuprofen! I can already see the results! Don't be nervous; just do it! It is so worth it! I can hardly wait to see the results in a couple months! It is very awesome! Moms deserve this for the pain we went through to bring our beautiful babies in the world! It really isn't that bad! Good luck girls!

Tomorrow will mark the 2-week mark since I had my...

Tomorrow will mark the 2-week mark since I had my surgery. I am going back to work. I drove for the first time today. I have been off narcotics since last Wednesday when the drains came out! Getting those out is fabulous! You can actually take a full shower, wash the binder, and whoever used the maxi pad idea with vaseline was a genius! All my surgical tape came off. The surgeon did a great job of making it be covered with a bikini. There was a lot of pain the 1st week, but I am still happy I did it! No anxiety girls coming up, you will be fine! It will be worth it in the end! I am so glad I did it!

Today marked three weeks post-op! I gradually...

Today marked three weeks post-op! I gradually worked myself up to 30 minutes on the treadmill today! It felt really good! I would definitely do it again in a heartbeat! The scar is there, but covered with bikini panties, so I would assumed a bikini bottom also. I really don't care anymore; the only people who will see it are my hubby, my kids, and my Doctors. Oh well, it was still worth it! Girls coming up don't be nervous! It was painful to wake up, but that is why they have you on morphine, keep you in the hospital, and send you home with Vicodin! :) Happy Tummy Tucking! I feel Fabulous!
Sioux Falls Plastic Surgeon

I was very pleased with Dr. Breit. He was so kind, and always answered any questions my husband or I had. He was spectacular! Next week I hope to get the drains out when I see him again! It is a long process, but i think it will be worth it!

So by week 14 you dropped 2 sizes? That's fantastic! Thanks for the encouragement!

I haven't attempted to see what size I am, my sides are still swollen and I'm wearing the binder under my clothes. I'm still wearing the same size pants over my binder to work and other times I'm in sweats... I can't wait for next few months to go by to see results like yours
Yes...I was exactly like that.....however give it a few more weeks. I want to say at about the 12th I was able to wear my jeans and by 14th I've dropped almost two sizes. It's all the swelling. Hang in there.
Yes, I have that, especially after a long day. I thinks its due to the swelling, which will last for a while, from what I've been told. It can be frustrating because we want to see changes right away, but it does take sometime (I have to tell myself that too)...hang in there
Pittsburgh1, I couldn't imagine going back to work 2 weeks post op, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Do you have a desk job? If so, be sure to get up often and walk around. I was very much still hunched over at 2 weeks post op, shoot, its my first day back to work (I'm 4wks po) and still find myself bending, I have to remind myself to stand tall and breath. (I'm sure I'll be hunched over by end of today though)

Take some advil or something to help with any pain while at work and be sure to wear your binder, that will help a lot!
Thanks :) First week back went well - I was in heels and everything :) I'm just exhausted!! I am frustrated b/c I feel like I was much smaller right after surgery. I've lost about 13 lbs, but I feel like my waist is not as small! Do you have this at all??
Mufas....Mono unsaturated fatty acid foods.....like macadamia nuts, avocados, unsalted peanuts,walnuts.
So at 3 weeks are you able to stand up 100%? I'm also nervous about my swelling! I have to go back to work 15 days PO and I"m currently 8 days PO and still about 10% tilted and swollen lots ;( Any advice?
Not really 100% to be honest.....my kids told me to try to stand taller at 30 _even 40 days later. Swelling goes down gradually.... I'm at 3 months now and still get some swelling esp'ly if I eat too much sugar,salt, high insoluble type fiber foods. Drink lots of water/green tea ( unsweetenened), take frequent short walks if your job involves sitting. Eat protien, muffs, follow flat belly diet. Lots of massaging of belly....keep that lymph fluid moving.
I'm so happy for u !
im so glad you're feeling better! when are you going to post some pre and post op pics?
Almost 12 wkd postoperative and can almost do a full yoga routine, a partial sit up, can get into my regular zippy pants which fit spook much better! The scar is there, but highly suggest: scar fade gel, mama bee belly balm and cocoa butter vit e oil rubs. Min of 3 times a day until scar flattens out. Plus it helps with the tight feeling.
hey! ive been sore and "tight" lol but pretty good! ive been able to get up and go potty by myself which is huge haha. the drains kinda hurt me as well if they get tugged it hurts a tad bit. i was grossed out when i saw my belly for the first time today at my post op appt. i get my stitches and i think one of the drains out next thurs.
Keepthefait, I know you are really excited! I was reading your backstory, kudos to you on the weight loss and keeping it off! You will soon enjoy a well-deserved break and make over.
Hey there!
I had my TT and BA surgery yesterday and it went real good.
After reading about all the TT stories last month I was really worried about my own TT.
This is the 2nd day and I feel great--much better than I thought I would. I'm so glad I went ahead with it!
How are you doing now? Im so glad you are being well taken care of. Keep me posted on ur progress. 21 days left for me. Cant wait.
Hi Keepthefait. 'm feeling better each day, I still have pain sometimes, but its bearable, for the most part. I'm 5 days post up, so not enjoying my tummy quite yet. Its still very swollen (check my profile for pics). I'm looking forward to the outcome, when I can feel better about my body and enjoy shopping:) instead od dredding it.
Yes mam I will be there eleven days. I will see the surgeon the first day surgery the second. And at day ten I will get my last tube out and come back home. flight is only one hour and a half non stop. The more I think of it the better it sounds. I will be in a fancy hotel also! Just nervous like everyone else. I know if I was at home I would want to return to my motherly duties. How are you feeling? I hope you are loving your new tummy!
Hello there. I am so glad I found this site! I am a 28 year old mother of three boys! They are my world and my last boy was 9lbs 8oz! I have lost weight and am done having children so now its time for mommy. I am so nervous about my tt and breast lift on march 24. A friend of mine used the same surgeon and she is going back. The price is great but we are traveling to a great place in mexico. I have never left the country so I guess it makes me even more nervous. My friend asures me everything will be fine but I am still worried alittle! What can
I do?
Good for you for taking time for yourself! As mothers we give so much of our time and energy to our little ones, we often neglect ourselves. The best thing you can do is try to think of the outcome and future results.

I heard of one person that went to Mexico for TT and Breast enhancement, not sure where she went, but heard her results were awesome for a fraction of the cost we would pay in the US... they call them PS Vacations, they have a nurse stay with you in a hotel and all... will you be doing that? staying for an extended stay for recovery?