Helped Clear My Severe Cystic Acne - Sioux Falls, SD

After meeting with my dermatologist i was told i...

After meeting with my dermatologist i was told i had severe cystic acne. (I even had acne cysts forming in my neck and ear lobes) After trying numerous drugs and milder prescriptions I decided to take Acutane. I was told that i would have to take monthly blood tests to make sure the medication wasn't destroying my liver. I was also made aware about the side effects (depression, suicidal thoughts, liver problems, hallucinations etc.) While I did go through moderate dermatitis, mild depression and (occasional numbness in my face (this still continues occasionally) i believe that the outcome was far greater than the effects.

I was prescribed to take a 6 month dose twice a day. I didn't notice any change of the breakouts until around the second to third month. I continued to use it for my full six months and after i finished taking the medication my breakouts decreased dramatically. While i have been off accutane for about 2 years, i still only get a new breakout only a couple times a month. While some of the side effects and the monthly blood work were uncomfortable and annoying, i believe that accutane helped my face dramatically.