People Don't Even Notice! - Singapore

What I did for my surgery was use PTFE (Gortex)...

What I did for my surgery was use PTFE (Gortex) for my bridge augmentation and use my ear cartilage for the tip. The combo of stable goretex and natural looking grafted tip looks amazing!
Only few people who have known me since childhood and family could I tell I had something done!

Pros:
- PTFE (Gortex) provides more stable bridge than silicone and looks more natural
- Bone grafts makes tip look very natural and has almost no chance of protrusion that foreign materials carry the risk of.
- Nose overall looks very natural because it doesn't look like those witchy pointed super high noses

Cons (What I wish I knew beforehand?)
- PTFE (Gortex) shrinks a lot, so don't be surprised when you come out of surgery with a sky high bridge! Hahaha.
- A few days later when the swelling goes down, it will look crooked because the swelling doesn't all go down at the same time.
- That these things take time to fully heal and go into shape. A lot of people including myself rush and freak out that the outcome isn't what we hoped, but remain patient, the true outcome doesn't appear until a year later!

I guess I got a message about my review and should...

I guess I got a message about my review and should update about the recovery procedures a little.

You see, people who undergo through the procedure with gore-tex and your own cartilage graft take a lot longer to recover (and for the nose to "fit" into your face) since goretex takes up to 6months-1year to finish shrinking into the face and the tip to reduce its swelling (around the same time).

During the healing process these are some things that worried me the most:
Swelling.
Hard tip and augmented area.
Uneven (not symmetrical) looking nose (due to the swelling going down at different rates)
"Pig nose" (My tip and nostrils look swollen because I reduced my nose size which looks bigger for a while due to the swelling)
The nose doesn't look like it fits your face (internal swelling hasn't fully gone down)

I would describe the recovery process in three phases.

Phase 1: Under a month.
You probably still look swollen if not still red to some extent. In my case I looked really swollen and my nose was unnaturally hard and high. My whole face felt like its stretched and smiling is a bit uncomfortable. My nostrils were also swollen and don't look symmetrical at all. This is the phase where it is critical to follow your doctor's instructions on keeping the area clean, going back for check ups since its the period thats the most critical to avoid infection. I accidentally ate seafood which triggered my infection. This was solved through a lot of antibiotics thankfully.

Phase 2: Up to 4 months.
Up around this period where I felt more comfortable in going out in public, people who don't know me well or at all don't realize I've had a nosejob. I became a bit more outgoing and mobile since I'm not as afraid that my nose shape will change or get damage or infected. At this phase all the threads and stuff should be out and you should be able to resume most normal activities. The goretex and swelling will still be shrinking to fit your face

Phase 3: Around 6months to a year.
I started seeing my goretex shrink to fit my face into its permanent size. The tip and bridge also is getting softer and most of the peeling has gone away. I don't feel like my face is as tense anymore! Feels perfectly natural after the year phase.
Woffles Wu

He's one of the few doctors in my area that I believe have the artistic eye to match his amazing medical skills. A lot of doctors just "do" nose jobs without having it fit the rest of your face.