Did Sculptra and No Regrets! - Singapore

I've been thinking if I should do something about...

I've been thinking if I should do something about my eye bags and dark eye circles for a long time. I looked very tired even if I had a good rest the night before. As I'm not into anything that needs surgery, my friend recommended me to this aesthetic doctor (not plastic surgeon) for a consultation.

The doc told me my eyebags and dark eye circles looked worse because of the areas under my eye bags (tear troughs) were sunken in (very common aging problem... damn!). He can try to pump it up with fillers or Sculptra. I opted for Sculptra as it is something that stimulate my own collagen, suppose to be more natural looking and subtle than fillers (coz i don't like the idea of people asking me why I suddenly look so different). Plus, I like the idea that it lasts for 2 years.

After I fixed the appointment, I went back to do some research on sculptra... that's when I read on realself.com that sculptra is not suitable to do under eye areas...and was very worry about it. So I went back to the doctor to enquire. He told me that it is fine if the dosage and areas of injection are done right. He showed me pictures of patients that under went the same treatments and the results were awesome. Seemed like many did this procedure and the doctor is very experience, therefore although I still felt kinda concern, yet decided to go for it anyway.

The whole treatment need 3 sessions with a gap of 6 to 8 weeks intervals for optimum results. I'm now 2 months after my 2nd session and already my eye bags looked 50% less obvious and dark eye circles are much lighter too. Although I have some tiny nodules under the skin (as what the doctor had brief me beforehand)... but it is not noticeable visually, only when I press and feel around for it. That was perfectly alright with me. The trick was to faithfully give the areas good massages (don't be too soft on it!) for 5 mins, 5 times a day, for 5 days, to help the material to disperse more evenly. Very happy with the result indeed and looking forward to my 3rd session!

I may just try Sculptra for other parts of my face as well, especially the temples areas and also my cheeks.

Dr Dylan Chau

Friend recommendation

How great to hear you are seeing such good results!! I would have been scared to try it for under eyes too, so its good to hear that its going well for you. :)

Let us know if you do more injections, and how things continue to look.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hey that's great that you had a good result. Sculptra does seem scary when you read the negative reviews. I just wanted to mention that especially since you are feeling little nodules, maybe you don't need a 3rd session? I had only one injection of half a vial of Sculptra put in the tear trough 18 months ago, and had wonderful results (still don't feel like I need to go back for a re-fill). I also did not feel any nodules but I was very aggressive with the after-care massage. The under-eye area gets very little movement and as a result the fillers there last a lot longer. Thanks for sharing!
hi happy girl where u did your sculptra?
In Seattle at Dr. Barbara Schell's office.
I thought you did it in Singapore That is great that u had a good result with the sculptra treatment