Just Starting my Treatment! - Silver Spring, MD

Hi, I'm Maria and I'm 25. I have always had a gap...

Hi, I'm Maria and I'm 25. I have always had a gap in my front teeth and some crowding in the bottom but I learned to love my teeth and never wanted to go though wire braces I really hate the look, but this year I decided to do something about it IF my insurance covered it and it did!!!

I asked my doctor about Invisalign and she recommended it. I will be in the treatment for 6 months with 7 upper trays and 10 lower ones, which have encouraged me even more. I have 4 buttons in my upper teeth and 3 in the bottom and surprisingly they are not uncomfortable at all when I'm eating. Also I see this as a way of loosing weight and stop biting my nails (which has been very difficult)

I have to admit these first days have been difficult as I have been having pain, and eating is a challenge (I feel like a baby eating soups and soft foods). I have a major lisp which is funny to me and my boyfriend.

My dentist is the best, since the very beginning she has answered all my questions and giving me advise. In addition, her assistant is going through her treatment and she was wonderful too. Today, 2-21-13, I have to visit her because my lower tray is really scratching my tongue, is that normal??? My dentist told me to go to the office and they will fix my trays.

I posted my first picture and will be posting more with updates, I'm thinking about doing a YouTube video. I'm so glad I found this community :)

Dr. Kinjal Shah

Her husband and her have been my dentist since I was a little girl