Trying to Remain Patient - Silver Spring, MD

I like most of you have decided to get a breast...

I like most of you have decided to get a breast reduction. I'm 26 years old and a mother of two. I weigh 145lbs and am 5ft 3in and wear a 32 J. I just had my consultation on Monday June 3rd. I am currently waiting to hear back from the plastic surgeon's office to see if they have received all the documents I emailed which had my visit notes from my PCP as well as a letter written from me. I was told by the physical therapist I was visiting that he would fax over the visit notes on Thursday by noon. I gave him a call and was told his office manager would do it by after noon. The plastic surgeon's office called to see the status of the documents from the physical therapist and now he isn't returning any calls. The surgeons office has yet to respond to an email I sent them requesting confirmation that they received the documents from myself as well as the physical therapist! I am becoming very frustrated with them both at this point because I really need this surgery! My back, neck and shoulder pains have left me practically bed ridden now. I have insurance that really requires alot of history of pain before approval. And the burden of me having to scrounge up paperwork from all the necessary parties is causing extra stress! What would you all do if you were in my place?

As far as them not returning calls, this always has a way of setting me off. I think they should either communicate with you or they should help you find someone else. You already had a consultation and it seems like a violation of your trust.

The Waiting Game

So u finally submitted all paperwork to my plastic surgeon who will then submit everything to insurance. Now all I must do is wait! The pain gets really bad at moments to the point my husband has to stay home with me! I will stay positive through it all! I'm very anxious and nervous! But God will do what he feels is best for me! I will post pics of my large predators as soon as I get an answer back from my ps. Pray for me ladies!

I had to wait awhile to hear back from my insurance and then it was a denial, but I kept hounding everyone involved until it got approved. Dont give up! Hopefully you will get approved and then can move forward
I finally received the documents, but am now waiting for the decision the insurance company will make. This is such a long tedious process for some of us. So it helps to have a bunch if supportive ladies.
If you have chronic pain and discomfort the insurance company needs to help with paying for the surgery. I hope you keep us updated.

Appoved

I am so happy to announce that my insurance has approved me for a breast reduction. My surgery date is set for July 2nd at 9 am! I am at a lost for words! I'm nervous and happy all in one! It took less than a week and I feel very blessed!

I have united health care
Wow I hate to hear that. What insurance company did you have?
BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois - PPO, shouldnt have been an issue, I hate insurance companies, hopefully the rest will be smooth :)

1 week away!!!!

As the surgery date nears, I grow more and more anxious. There are an array of emotions I am experiencing now. I'm sure that those of you who have already had the surgery or are awaiting can totally understand where I am coming from. I have no idea what I should buy to help with post op recovery...so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Tomorrow morning is the big day

On my way to Walmart to grab a few items! I'm so nervous the day has came entirely too fast! I have that feeling like when you are in line waiting to go on a rollercoaster! I'm going to go home and listen to music and try to relax.....here goes nothing...

Three days post op

I'm feeling very nauseas. So I won't go in great detail about my surgery right now. I wanted to post a few before and after pics! I will post better after pics once I change my dressing again.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Adding a few more photos

Sorry you're feeling nauseous. I went through the same thing but it went away by day 4 for me. From what I can tell you look AMAZING! Your side few after is incredible. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery!!!
Yes I'm hoping I can get through this stage soon. I'm almost wondering if I'm too small lol! I know that I have swelling and will probably be a little smaller, but I actually like what I see so far.
I hope the nausea goes away for you. Do you still have your anti-nausea patches on from the hospital? I had those. They helped me a lot. I think bromelain [sp] also helps a lot if your PS approved you taking it, for swelling and healing... and I know milk thistle pills [can get at CVS] can help clear the anesthesia out of your system faster, but ask your PS first if you wanna try them. Try to take things one day at a time, rest up, drink lots of fluids!!! That's a must, even if nauseated. Congrats on the surgery and just keep thinking that everything will improve from here on out. The first week is the hardest.

Another pic

Good for you! Hope all heals up well for you! So happy for you that you didn't have to wait an eternity!!! That's great!
You look fabulous! Happy healing!
You look great. Sorry that you are not feeling well but hopefully that will go away soon. Feel better and happy healing.

More pics 1 week post op

Wow, your results look amazing and I'm sure u feel so much better too!!!! I'm in md also, I'm have my surgery in 2 weeks in silver spring, small world!!! I wish you the best in recovery and i can't wait to be where you are now!
You look great.
Being smaller takes bit of getting used to, you look great :-)

1 week pics

Your healing very nicely! When did you take your steri strips off? What scar cream are you using? I'm so afraid about my incisions opening up... I can wait for your next update;)
Thank you I actually never had steri strips I had anothe type of dressing I'm not quite sure of the name. I'm using palmers skin cream with vitamin E. I'm still nervous about my incisions I check them daily.
Oh ok! Thanks! I'm a ask my ps if I can use anything in my scars yet when I go for a follow up. Btw are you still sleeping upright?

2 weeks post op

So you didn't have any drain tubes placed? How does a surgeon decide if you get them or not?
You look so nice. I know you must be so happy. Congrats on your new girls. You look beautiful! Just as before only now smaller :) happy healing and please keep us posted!

Post op pics 2 weeks

You look so great. I can tell your heart is so full of joy. Enjoy your new boobs, have fun
You really look great! I bet it's wonderful to have a large top be too big! I spill over the XL tops like that. It's hideous :( I'm so happy for you :))

4 weeks post op

You look great! I'm in Silver Spring too! My surgery is 25 days away :). I'm excited nervous and scared all at the same time ***Eeeeekkkkk***

Pics 4 weeks post op

Your end-result looks fabulous! I found you through another one of Dr. Otero's patients. So happy to see her work on a woman of color, as i'm African American and I understand that our skin is different with regards to scarring and so forth. I'm definitely setting-up a consult with her now. Thanks for sharing your experience!
what size did you end up you look great! ill be using Dr. Otero as well.
You look great, I am glad to hear you were satisfied with you decision. P.S. You have a very beautiful face you should think about modeling.
Dr. Otero

I am so happy an blessed to say that I have been approved by my insurance and that my surgery date is on July 2 at 9am. I'm so happy and ecstatic I am at a lost for words! I can't believe this is actually going to happen! Good bye 32j's and hello hopefully a 32 c!