It Was Love at First Implant

I had breast fed my son and when he was weened I...

I had breast fed my son and when he was weened I could not believe the state of my breasts. There was absolutely ZERO breast tissue left, and they layed flat against my chest. You bet I was upset about this. Regardless of whether you have solid self esteem - something of this severe change in appearance does have impact no matter who you are. I did have the surgery after much thought and as soon as they were implanted it was a very joyful union!! The only thing unfortunate about implants, and continues from time to time, is reading up on all the horrendous things that can go wrong.....I may have my own horror story some day but I honestly have to say that all couldn't be better with my implants. I had them put in in 1990 and had an MRI 2007 and all was well. I look after myself and have had zero problems.

I feel that some problems sited are legit but I see others as high drama reports and opportunists in regards to wanting attention or money.

Dr. Bederman (since deceased)

Oh sorry, I just read that it was in 1990 lol
3,000 in Toronto? That is a very low price...where did you go?
Hi ladies, I have the very same issue. my breasts were always small, yet perky and great. Now since having a baby i feel like a little girl..or boy even. I don't really know anybody who has had the operation so asking for advice is difficult. Where did you ladies go to have it done? can you suggest any places that are great? i do not have thousands of dollars at my disposal ..not even close.. did anybody finance?? and if so can u be approved with "fair " credit?? any advice would be excellent!!
Really? I wonder where that would be. I'm also hoping that some of these cosmetic surgeons are going to drop some of their ridiculous prices.....there is definately a recession going on! Their businesses must be hurting?
Haha would explain it. Ive read you can still find them for around that price in rural cities, however Im yet to find it.
Tokyo....it was $3,000 because it was in 1990!!!!
Leadbellie, where in Toronto did you get implants for $3000? I would definitely get them at that price but I just cant justify paying $5000-$10000 just for breasts! Feel free to email me.
Amen Greentea. I also remember how my breasts felt - - just awful awful!!!! I can't believe how much better I felt immediately after surgery and up until today!!! So far zero problems and this has been since 1997. I spoke with a very very popular plastic surgeon here in Toronto and he said that he has some women who have had their implants for 30, 40 years and still going strong - why fix something that ain't broke? xo
I went through the exact same thing. I was only 20 when I had my first child and after breast feeding her my once perky breasts laid flat. I was shocked and depressed. Then I was terrified about my husband seeing me that way. Luckily he was very supportive and I knew he loved me no matter what. I had the augmentation 2 yrs after my second child was born and I've been SO grateful ever since. Looks aren't everything but I believe that if you think it will improve your life and you're doing it for yourself, then go find a good Dr.