Still Swollen - Shreveport, LA

I had breast reduction 9/21/2012. Before surgery I...

I had breast reduction 9/21/2012. Before surgery I was a 40f and the dr said post surgery I should be a 40full c. He took 1400 grams out of one and 1200 out of the other.

I am 6 weeks post op and I went to the bra store n the lady said I am a DDD. I was so disappointed I jus walked out. Could I still be swollen? Or is this the final size.. please help :(

Chances are you are not swollen, but your shape will change over the next 2-3 months. Do not be concerned about what size a clerk tells you that you are. The question is, are you happy with your size. Does your back feel better. If the answer is yes, then size is unimportant. If you feel that you are still too big, wait 2-3 months, and if still too large, then liposuction may be an alternative. Talk to your surgeon about it.
My dr said I would be swollen some for at least two months and a full six months for them to take on their new normal size.
Thanku so much! That makes me feel better!

Welcome to the community.

You know it takes a while for full recovery and swelling to go down.   Did you take before and after pictures.  If so place those side by side and look at the changes.  He took a very large amount off each breast so I am sure there is a big difference.  Try not to focus on the bra size so much.  Most of the time we are all wearing the wrong size to begin with.  Plus bras differ from brand to brand.

I am sure you have a big difference in how you look.  How are you feeling otherwise?

Yes it is a difference and so far I'm recovering well! Thanks