Short Recovery Time but No Results

I had this treatment done because I have very...

I had this treatment done because I have very large pores on my cheeks and forehead. The treatment was painful and my face continued to burn up to about an hour after it was done. I was given a paracetamol and a cooling gel after the treatment. My face was crusty, red and peeling up to 5 days afterwards and I was eager to see my new skin but my pores are just as large and my scars are still there.

I had Mixto Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing done 2 weeks ago but don't see any difference for my large pores and acne scars. How long does it take for the results to show?

I have to say that after having TWO mixto fractional co2 laser treatments, I have seen little to no results-- and I am more than 6 months out now, which is when the "real" results are supposed to show. What I HAVE seen are two things: 1) my face has become discolored even though I use spf 70 when I'm out in the sun (my doctor's office, last time I was there for Botox, said there wasn't any discoloration, but there was some then and there is a lot more now), and 2) my face has a tendency to get little whiteheads that remain on some level under my skin so that they never go away. I think I will have to go to my dermatologist for this.

When I told my doctor (revered plastic surgeon in this area) last time I saw him that I didn't see much improvement in my skin after the mixto (still have dark spots, still have large pores), he said, "Well, it only hits a fraction of your skin, so you can't expect a radical change."

But if you want to spend your money and the down time hiding in seclusion until your face finished being lizard-like, go ahead. I wouldn't do it again.
Hi Summer66,
Thank you very much for your information and for sharing your story with me!
Hello Eurasian,
I have an appointment on Monday to do a mixto fractional co2 laser! I did read your comment and I'm a bit shocked! Can you please tell me, how are your results? Are you still unhappy or your sckin got better?

Regards
Evis

No measures were taken before or during the treatment to alleviate the pain.