Short Recovery Time but No Results

I had this treatment done because I have very...

I had this treatment done because I have very large pores on my cheeks and forehead. The treatment was painful and my face continued to burn up to about an hour after it was done. I was given a paracetamol and a cooling gel after the treatment. My face was crusty, red and peeling up to 5 days afterwards and I was eager to see my new skin but my pores are just as large and my scars are still there.

I had Mixto Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing done 2 weeks ago but don't see any difference for my large pores and acne scars. How long does it take for the results to show?

No measures were taken before or during the treatment to alleviate the pain.

I have to say that after having TWO mixto fractional co2 laser treatments, I have seen little to no results-- and I am more than 6 months out now, which is when the "real" results are supposed to show. What I HAVE seen are two things: 1) my face has become discolored even though I use spf 70 when I'm out in the sun (my doctor's office, last time I was there for Botox, said there wasn't any discoloration, but there was some then and there is a lot more now), and 2) my face has a tendency to get little whiteheads that remain on some level under my skin so that they never go away. I think I will have to go to my dermatologist for this.

When I told my doctor (revered plastic surgeon in this area) last time I saw him that I didn't see much improvement in my skin after the mixto (still have dark spots, still have large pores), he said, "Well, it only hits a fraction of your skin, so you can't expect a radical change."

But if you want to spend your money and the down time hiding in seclusion until your face finished being lizard-like, go ahead. I wouldn't do it again.
Hi Summer66,
Thank you very much for your information and for sharing your story with me!
Hello Eurasian,
I have an appointment on Monday to do a mixto fractional co2 laser! I did read your comment and I'm a bit shocked! Can you please tell me, how are your results? Are you still unhappy or your sckin got better?

Regards
Evis
I have read in several places that MixTo IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE BIG PORES SMALLER, and it's one of the reasons I had it done. I had three small scars that were caused from acne, as well as a light slash scar across on cheek, about one inch long (I don't know how or when I got it-- it appeared during my late 20s or early 30s as far as I can remember). I was born in 66 and I have very few wrinkles, and then it was only when I smile. I don't have smile lines or crow's feet. I had this treatment done at a well-known and highly-respected and very experienced plastic surgeon's office by one of his PAs. I paid $750. The PA missed a couple of places-- didn't get it close under and around one eye, and there were three places about 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch wide that she missed. When I called the day after the treatment, she said that after two months they would do an additional treatment for me at no charge. I have had absolutely no complications. I am 4 days past my procedure and have been flaking for 2 days. The areas of my skin that have flaked seem very soft and the pores seem smaller. I can't wait to see what my skin will look like when it's finished flaking. But as I've read many places, part of the effect of MixTo is that it stimulates collage from inside, and at 6 months you will see the full effect of the treatment. That said, have you spoken to your doctor (or whoever did the treatment) about your less-than-satisfying results? If my doctor's office offered a second treatment for no charge and I paid even less than you did, it wouldn't hurt them to offer the same to you. Although it will hurt you if you do it again. I don't think there's any getting around the pain totally, but a Vicodin along with a Valium sure helps. The Valium chills you out so you don't freak out when it hurts so bad. I wish you the best of luck-- and go talk to your doctor! See what they will do for you. But it does hurt. I had numbing cream an hour before, which only numbed my mouth and the area around my mouth. I was given a Valium and a Vicodin. Still, it hurt like hell! Burned for about three hours post-procedure, too. After the procedure they applied cocoa butter to my face along with a cold pack. But when I went home, I took another pain pill to help out.
I don't know how that happened-- the last sentences--**** What time should I pick you up from the airport? I saw her live about a year or two ago with my daughter and my friend Nikki. Love Kathy G! She's super-tiny, isn't she?! You MUST tell her you're straight and you love her. I watched MY LIFE ON THE D LIST all the time with Laureli. Kathy G! Kathy G! Her mom, Maggie, just turned 90. Kathy tried to get people to write msgs to Mags via FB and Kathy would read them to her. Ask her how many she read-- there were thousands. No way did sh read them all! **** were in the middle of my post. How did they get moved to the end? Makes no sense!
I really dont think this treatment was ever meant to somehow shrink your pores! and if they promised you that, they lied. Thank goodness you didnt pay much. We do this treatment at our office for wrinkles and acne scars. It takes atleast 6 months to see the full efects. We do offer a pain pill before and for after the treatment, plus we use a topical. I highly recommend this procedure.