Almost 5 months PO

I booked surgery today for November 5th... Less...

I booked surgery today for November 5th... Less than a month away. I'm very excited but nervous about all the particulars, especially the anesthesia and the recovery. I consulted with three different surgeons before picking my ps. I feel good about his before and afters and his twenty years in the field.

I am 31 with no kids. I had lap band surgery six years ago and have lost 115 pounds, weighing 150 now, about five or ten pounds off from my goal weight. I have a ton of excess skin and my boobs are ridiculously deflated and hanging. I am getting an extended TT and breast lift with augmentation, and I believe flank lipo, although I will know for sure at my pre-op on 10/17.

I plan to take a full week off work and then start back slowly. My mom is a nurse and will be with me for that whole week and then i will be on my own (I live alone). I have a desk job and can absolutely work half days for as long as I need to. Does this sound reasonable? I don't want to push it and not heal properly.

I'm also flying to Australia just under seven weeks after surgery. Am I freaking crazy?? I hope not!

Any thoughts or tips or anything would be very much appreciated. I plan to post pictures closer to the date because they're mortifying and frankly I don't want to look at them!

The mom for a week is a great call. You can survive without help after that, although it would be good if a friend can be on call in case you need help. I think going back to work after 7 days is not reasonable. You are having MAJOR SURGERY. You really need to wait longer to go back to work -- even sitting, even part time. In my opinion wait 2 full weeks THEN do the part time sitting plan. Whats the point of pushing yourself and then having a set back? At 7 days you probably wont have your drains out yet! PLAN on 14 dats off. If youre doing great, bored to death, and itching to return at Day 10 then fine. But better to come back early then to have to abruptly need more time off because you were too optimistic!!! Besides... You DESERVE the rest time :)
WOW! Congrats on your weight loss! That is amazing! I know how hard losing weight is. You really deserve this MM. I hope you are real happy with your results.:-)
Thanks! It's been a long journey. I hope I'm happy too!

My pre-op is in two days and I'm very excited...

My pre-op is in two days and I'm very excited about this. But I'm worried that I'm so not prepared for this surgery. I haven't bought a thing yet, like CGs or supplies of any kind... I keep telling myself that I will have a much better idea after Wednesday. My surgeon sent me a packet of things to fill out and go over before the appointment and it mentions that they will be wrapping me in a garment for my tummy. I'm wondering if I will still need to buy something for the first week or if they're providing it. Soooo many questions... I am making a list on my iPad and will be taking it with me to my appointment.

I keep wondering if I should buy a used recliner for my living room. Everyone talks about how they can't sleep in their bed, but then some can. I'm just not sure how prepared to get, how to avoid unecessary expenses and over-preparation. Thoughts??

I'm glad you said this! I've been thinking about this more and more too and am thinking you're totally right. I DO NOT want to overdo this. I have a big huge trip coming up at week 7 post-op and I know that overdoing it early on can extend my healing and swelling. I don't want to take my chances. Thanks!
Good. And I am sure you will be fine for your trip. I am 19 days today and I could totally take a long flight right now. Just be sure to drink a ton of water and walk the aisles frequently, just like you should do anyway :) I flew to Tonga at 6 months pregnant and was totally fine -- my doc just said lots of water and lots of pacing the aisles!
Works for me!

Soooo.... I just had my pre-op appointment and I'm...

Soooo.... I just had my pre-op appointment and I'm feeling pretty good about everything. I'm still excited, still nervous, and soon will be a little more broke too :P

What I'm feeling good about:
The RN was awesome and made me feel really comfortable. She could tell I was stressing about figuring out whether or not I had a possible heart murmur (and I do but the PS isn't concerned) and she assured me all would be a-ok. She was also really realistic with me about what I was hoping to see size-wise with the BA. She is a runner, like me, and she was straight with me saying that I need to think a little more conservatively with ccs.

My PS provides all stages of compression garments because they want me to be in their preferred choice of CG. One less thing I have to buy. Woohoo!

I asked the PS how aggressive he can be on reducing my mons area (I'll post befores soon enough and then you'll get it) and he said as much as I need him to be. I told him I REALLY need him to be aggressive so all is good there.

The office staff are super friendly and are constantly reassuring me I'll do just fine and will be very happy with the results. The financial coordinator even showed me her TT scar that my PSperformed on her and it looks awesome. It was a decade ago but you can barely see anything and tummy is flat as a board.

No pain pump because I'm having exparel injections instead. One less thing to dangle off my body!

What I don't like:
My PS isn't very personable. He spent very little time with me and said hardly anything. I had read this about him, this was the only negative thing I've read.

My PS doesn't seem very willing/interested in dealing with my lap band port at all. I told him I'd really like him to move it if he thinks there's a less noticeable spot for it but I get the feeling that's not going to happen.

What I'm unsure about:
Implants! I was so sure I wanted 371cc high profile silicone but I ended up deciding on 339cc moderate profile instead. I am a B now and I've always been smallish in that way. I am not going for major mass, but I want a natural look that is right for my shape. I really really wish I could've had my mom or sister or a friend there with me. If you haven't done your pre-op yet- bring someone with you! Going solo sucks. So now I'm concerned I won't have large enough boobs and this concern seems almost ridiculous to me at the same time.

My stupid lap band port. I want it gone altogether. I'm so worried I'm going to have a bulge exposing something that I really don't feel I need at all anymore. It would be a shame to pay all this money for a flat tummy only to have a bulge sticking out above my port.

So I got my Rxs and just need to get them filled in the next couple weeks. I know I don't need CGs but I do think I'll get a funnel for peeing haha! I've read someone post that this has helped them so they don't pee all over their garment. I'm also thinking I'll hunt down a toilet riser from my office and borrow a friends recliner.

Anybody have 339cc implants? I like the moderate profile and that's as high as I could go before switching over to high profile, thanks to my awesome tuberous breasts! Can't wait to fix that life long problem!

HI MLM! I had to close my other profile down, it was MakeMeOver36. How are you? I am ready! I just have to get my prescriptions filled and a button down blouse! Can you believe we have only 2 weeks left??
Sorry somehow the comment above still posted from the old profile! I am no longer using that one! Blah.
OMG it did it again!!! GRRR realself lol. I am clearly stalking your page :-)

Have to see the bariatric surgeon tomorrow to get...

Have to see the bariatric surgeon tomorrow to get the saline taken out of my lap band. Still hoping whatever is going on with my band won't keep me from having surgery in 12 days!

Hi how are you I can imagine your nerves . How long is your surgery going to be
Hey MLM! How's it goin sweetie!! So, as far as ur port goes, I'll try and take a pic of mine today or tomorrow on a close up and post it. As u have seen, there is a huge bruise where it is located but so far I havnt noticed anything negative. I can't feel it if I just rub my hand over my stomach and it doesn't stick out at all. I was concerned about this as well. My PS didn't touch it either. I honestly think u will be fine and it shouldn't show but if I notice something as the swelling subsides I'll make sure to keep u posted. Also, I got 350 cc high profile and I'm at 165 5'4". (but I'm still losing weight at about 3-4 lbs per mo). My boobs look huge to me lol! Still a bit freaked out cuz I was so deflated before. I think u will be happy with the moderate plus u picked.
Thank you so much! I'm following your recovery closely as your the first one I found on here who's doing exactly what I am after the band. I had all my fill out for surgery and because there was some concern I may have slipped a bit. My symptoms have been greatly reduced since the fill came out. Did you have an unfill prior to surgery?

Just spoke with the ps office and my bloodwork...

Just spoke with the ps office and my bloodwork looks good. This time next week I will be in the middle of surgery. CRAZY!!

I just got done reading your story and am so excited for you. You deserve this and will look wonderful afterwards. Hope you have a speedy recovery and enjoy your trip! I look forward to hearing about your experience and cannot wait until my appt in Jan '13.
Thank you so much!
WOOOO 2 more days and a wake up!!!!!

Tomorrow's the big day and it still doesn't seem...

Tomorrow's the big day and it still doesn't seem real. I am just finishing up all the housework and will be heading to town to get supplies like tylenol, benadryl, MOM, stool softeners, granny panties, etc. Any last minute things I must have, please tell me!! In the mean time, I've finally posted two before pics. I think I'm going to wait until I actually have some afters of the boobs before I show the befores for those! Haha!

Good luck! Thanks for posting pics :) this is gonna be such a win for you! Can't wait to see your afters :D
Thanks- me too!
Best of luck. I was last Monday and it already seems like the best thing I have ever done for me. Take good care of yourself and look forward to seeing your changes

Well I'm on my way to the ps, have to be there in...

Well I'm on my way to the ps, have to be there in 30 minutes. They had me take vistaril last night and this morning and I'm feeling good- not very nervous at all. Wish me luck ladies!!! I'll see you on the flat side!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Ok ladies I made it thru surgery and am now back...

Ok ladies I made it thru surgery and am now back home with my mom/nurse. I was doing great considering, til I got up to pee and now I'm not so comfortable.
The surgery took 4.5 hours (I think) and they did not to do muscle repair woohoo! Hoping this means recovery will be less severe.
So far my biggest complaint is the boobs. They're sore and my whole chest hurts bad. Like a deep ache. Is this normal?

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Three of four of my drains has clots in them and...

Three of four of my drains has clots in them and so now my output is very little. Anybody have this issue? If so, what was done about it?

Hey! Glad you made it. I am so uncomfortable. I can't even take a really good deep breath. My PS is making a house call tomorrow to see what's going on.
I've been having that off and on, in my left boob area primarily. When I get up it goes away so I'm thinking it's from the bra or garment, at least partially. Ive already learned the hard way the dangers of not staying a head of the pain. I had a really bad 30 minutes earlier. You may need a different pain med.
Yaaay! Feel better soon and take pics so we can share in your joy...once you get to see the results yourself, that is!

Ok I've been out of surgery for about 24 hours now...

Ok I've been out of surgery for about 24 hours now and so far everything is ok. I've had a couple painful moments in one breast in particular but very little tummy discomfort and nothing in the right boob. I'm thinking that exparel can be thanked for this, I think my tummy is just constantly being numbed. I'm severely hunched and getting up out of the chair is the worst part. I've developed some wicked acid reflux too, not sure if that's lap band related or from the meds. I've read that acid reflux is pretty common after a TT, so hopefully that will subside when the inflammation does. Let's see... What else... It hurts to pee! It feels like I'm peeing razor blades and I know that's from the catheter during surgery. But seriously. As if getting up to use the toilet isn't bad enough- it also hurts to pee!! Oh well, it's not that bad.
They said they removed a very large amount of skin and tissue and as a result I lost more blood than expected but all is good. I really wished they would've weighed the stuff they removed but they didn't. My nurse said it was at least 5 pounds, and I'm not sure about the lipo.
They didn't have to do any muscle repair, they said my muscles were tight as a drum. Yay!
I'm already tapering off the dilaudid, taking every six hours now instead of four. I really really want to see my new boobs but I'm not sure if it's ok to unfasten the bra? Any thoughts?

Thank you all for your support! I feel so much better about this thanks to real self!!

You look fantastic beforehand, so thin. You are going to look fantastic once your little body heals. I can't wait to see the end pictures. My surgery is tomorrow morning. I guess we are the Class of Nov 2012!
Thanks and good luck!!
I so undid my bra and checked out the new girls! My PS said its ok to unfasten it for a few minutes for relief.

Everything is going well. Aside from a couple...

Everything is going well. Aside from a couple times in the day when my pain med has worn off and I haven't been able to stay ahead of it, everything is way better than I expected. And when I do get those painful bouts it's always in my left boob, still haven't had any pain in my abdomen or right breast. Yay!

I'm draining still and as of today my output is still too much to get the drains out tomorrow as scheduled. But I'll check back in with the ps in the morning to let them know my 24-hr output. I would LOVE to get the drains out, they are by far the most annoying part of the healing process, well that and my surgical bra that cuts into me.

Hoping for a BM today too but still scared to really try :/

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Ok everybody's favorite topic... But I haven't had...

Ok everybody's favorite topic... But I haven't had a BM since right before surgery on Monday. I'm taking two stool softeners a day as well as MOM twice starting today. I'm eating fiber and drinking lots of water. Now what? I know I need to go but it's like my muscles forgot how to do their job to make it happen. Plus I feel my drain sites so much when I try and it worries me. If you've gotten thru this hurdle, please share how! Thanks :)

Me too! A good back massage, or maybe 3 would be fantastic :)
Hi MLM, yes it'll be great to finally get to sleep back in my own bed and straightn my back too, got real back stiffness. My pain meds are working very well though, so am really grateful. Just a few more of these days for us and then hopefully on the road to standing straighter and moving well :)
Yes it's funny how the pain med fixes the surgery pain but does very little to the back pain! I need like ten massages and a couple weeks at the chirpractor!

PO Day 4 BM success this morning! Yay! I'm down...

PO Day 4
BM success this morning! Yay! I'm down to dilaudid every 12 hours as of last night and was unable to go in to have drains out because only one of four is draining under 25cc in a 24 hour period. But hopefully tomorrow. My main complaint as of this moment is how hard it is to focus on anything Im reading or watching on tv, thinking that's from the narcotics. I'm probably not getting a lot of sleep either and my scopolamine patch dried up last night. Since then my vertigo has come back and there's been a little nausea. This may be from my chronic vertigo, not sure.

I'm more swollen today than any other day. My bra is digging in soooo bad because of this. I can stand almost entirely straight now and I'm hoping thats going to quickly help with my back soreness. I'm for sure going to try and sleep in my bed tonight now that I can straighten up.

I know it sounds like just a whole lot of complaining but really that's about it, everything else is going good, I hope everyone is healing well!

It didn't sound like complaining at all. If anyone will understands what your going through It's us. And YAY for BM!!!! See who else gets so excited about BMW. Lol. You sound like your doing well. I hope you continue to heal well sweety. Hugs.
Ooops, not BMW. I meant BM. My phone just likes bmws.
Thank tou for updating! So glad you had a BM. That is definitely my next hurdle. Well, that and my post-op tomorrow.

Hope everyone is healing well and thinking about...

Hope everyone is healing well and thinking about those ladies just having surgery today! I'm doing good. Pain is almost non-existent, just some drain discomfort and some new stinging/shooting pain in my nipples which my ps office assures me is perfectly normal. My output is very low in my drains but my ps still wants me to wait til monday to have all four removed with my bb sutures. :( I was really hoping to have a couple out today and now I have to wait all weekend. But I know this is far better than developing a seroma.

Highlight of my day so far: my mom washed my hair!! Yay! I have really really long hair and the waterless shampoo just wasn't cutting it. I feel so much better with clean hair! I just kneeled in front of the bathtub and it was easy peasy.
Also I pulled my bra down and got some pics which I will upload now. They're bigger than I expected but I know they're probably pretty swollen.

Your boobs even look great with the dressings on! Psyching myself up to take a shower may take a few days...going over to the clean side! Hopefully when I wash off the blood I can take pics. The only thing that hurts on me are the muscle sutures, so I'm pretty sure that's why you're not hurting in your belly. Sorry, rambling.
No need to apologize for rambling. I'm on dilaudid.... Ive been rambling for two hours straight, driving everyone around here crazy. Haha!
Lolz!

PO Day 6 Oy vey. Let me just start by saying...

PO Day 6
Oy vey. Let me just start by saying last night SUCKED. I started sleeping in my bed two nights ago and was getting ready for bed when my breast drains started hurting BAD. I was in tears as my mom tried to make adjustments that would ease the pain. My compression garment was digging into the drain sites and then my bra was putting pressure on top of them as well, a double whammy. So she managed to stuff some guard in the right places and unzip me just enough to make some relief. I took a dilaudid even though my plan was to go without but I was miserable. One of the worst things in this process is the restriction I feel when I'm laying down/reclining for bed. Only pain meds makes me comfortable enough to get through it. So she helped me in bed and I went to sleep only to wake up a few hours later in major pain from my left boob drain and the compression garment digging into it again. I made some adjustments and managed to fall back asleep for a couple more hours. When I woke up my back was hurting worse than I think it ever has. I was able to get myself to the living room nearly crying the whole way. I took another pain med and passed out on the couch where I slept for five freaking hours! It was just what I needed. I'm feeling much better now and know I'm not ready for my bed- sofa city for me still (Sixteen Candles reference thank you very much!). My drains are all below 25 cc output now and it sucks knowing I have to wait til Monday to get tem all out. My drains are my biggest enemy right now!!

What is it about day 6? Day 5 fools us all. Maybe today will be better. I hope and pray. So sorry to hear about the pain and the drains. I remember when I had them for my BR the slightest move or tug on them was like someone was stabbing me. If they moved when I didn't oh it hurt so bad. You will feel amazing when they come out and by a few days time will forget they were even there. I hope tomorrow they come out. It's sofa city for me too. I tried the bed once and nearly threw up trying to get out of it. My insicion is pretty far back around my hips so trying to swing my legs over and get up was a no go. I can stand straight up to but when I called my PS they said NO NO NO. don't do it even if you feel you can for alteast 4 weeks. I know I won't make it 4 weeks but I'll give it a go for 2 atleast. You have to give your skin time to adjust to the new "length" and don't want to cause problems. Wishing you a much better day love!
Thank you! I know what you're saying with getting in and out of bed. I feel if I twist at all I'm ripping my freaking bowel or something equally horrible. part of me just wants to take a pain med even if I'm not really in pain and just sleep through the whole recovery but then I'll wake up with a sore back!!!
I'm sorry you had such a tough night. I know those drains are a necessary evil, I truly hated them! Even after they were pulled I still cussed one of them for over a week! But WOW, will you be feeling better Monday....just keep thinking of Monday....those drains will be G.O.N.E! I hope you can feel better and do nothing but rest today.

PO Day 8 Im leaving in an hour to have my bb...

PO Day 8
Im leaving in an hour to have my bb sutures and drains removed. I'm SO excited about removing these four literal thorns in my sides, they are the bane of my existence. BUT Im nervous about how bad it will hurt having them removed. I willbe taking a pain med with me for this. I'm also really nervous about what's happening under my CG. I have no idea what I look like and I know today is the big reveal. What if my TT scar is high? What if my bb is scary? What if my lap band port bulges? What if what if what if?? My drain sites hurt, are they infected? Ugh, too many unknowns. But I guess I'll figure it out soon enough!
Hope everyone is healing well today :)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Let me start by saying HALLELUJAH! for no...

Let me start by saying HALLELUJAH! for no drains!!! I had four of them and all but one was a piece of cake coming out. But that left breast drain GOOD LORD it was a tear jerker. But that's all over now and I am no longer walking around with rubber balls hanging off my body and that's all that matters.

I posted pics- tell me what you think! I am happy with the results and I also know that I'm only a week PO so nothing is healed yet and I know I'm swollen. I love my boobs. My PS specializes in giving people a natural look and I think he absolutely succeeded here. To me, my boobs look right for my frame and they're not even super lifted, they look like the boobs I should have always had.

My stomach is crazy flat and almost totally numb. I have not spotted by lap band port yet so I am happy! :) The only real issue thus far is my left hip is having some kind of reactions, maybe a heat rash because of the garment. I have to keep an eye on it and let them know if it gets worse or doesn't get better. We don't want an infection.

I had a shower too! YES!!! I am so totally exhausted otherwise I would write more. But I had to get these pics up. Hope everyone is doing well!

Wow...fantastic change and a great start to the "new you". Congrats
Thanks 49!
I agree, your boobs are perfectly sized for your frame.

Ten days PO and I had to go back to work to do...

Ten days PO and I had to go back to work to do payroll and billing. Im the only one that does it so I had no other choice. Well it was horrible. I was exhausted before I even got there just from showering and getting ready. I honestly was so zombied out I don't even really remember driving to work. I'm no longer taking narcotics so the driving thing shouldn't be an issue but yea... It was. To top it off, the rash on my stomach is worse and spreading so I had to go to the surgeon's office this afternoon after work. I live an hour away from my ps so it was a loooooong day. He says he thinks it's probably a yeast infection from the antibiotics and the lack of air thanks to the trusty compression garment. So he prescribed me a one dose oral of diflucan and had me buy some topical anti-fungal. The only good news in all of this is that I have been told that I have to air my tummy out for two hours a day. That's two hours with no CG. Woohoo!

Ok that's all I got. I'm too tired to do anything but couch surf now. Hope everyone is doing well today!

Poor thing :(. I wish you could have had two weeks off from work. I'm a day behind you and I know I couldn't go back to work tomorrow. I couldn't even drive without pain! We traveled home today--a ten-hour ordeal--and I had to use wheelchairs in the airport. I don't know how you managed at all! Hopefully tomorrow will go better and the rash will clear up quickly!
Hope your rash clears up soon! Sorry you had to go back to work. I hope you have a better day 2mrw.

Back to the ps again today... I really wish it...

Back to the ps again today... I really wish it wasn't an hour drive! We ruled out a yeast infection after I called the office and told them the rash had spread to my breast incisions too. So now were treating it as an allergic reaction to the steri strips or sutures or glue or.... The ps took my steri strips off and told me to start using cortisone cream and taking benadryl. I hope this works! I have pics of how bad it's gotten but I'm not sure it will do anybody any good to see that mess.

Sorry sweetie. Had a couple of bad days myself and catching up. I'm so sorry. I hope you are feeling better by now. :-(
My goodness! How strange, for an allergic reaction to start so many days AFTER your surgery and the steri strips were applied!? Keep us posted! Sending positive thoughts your way.
I know! Well the other possibility could be that I'm allergic to the dissolvable sutures and am having a reaction as they start to dissolve. But this thing started on my hip and I think it began only a couple days after surgery but I had my garment on for a week so nobody knew it. It is not fun!

I'm two weeks PO today and I'm more numb &...

I'm two weeks PO today and I'm more numb & sore than ever... Oh yea and constipated! Yay! Now most if this is totally my fault I'm sure. I have been back to work since last Thursday and today was my first full day running the office all by myself since surgery. It was 9 hours of crazy with no lunch break. The whole time I was internally scolding myself for abusing my weakened recovering body but there was nothing I could do, the work had to be done. Well as a result, by the time I got home I was as numb as day 1, and in the places I could feel, I was sore as hell. I'm not sure if this is normal, but I think it probably is considering what I put myself through today. I'm wondering if it's all from major swelling? My boobs look way bigger than normal so i know they're hating me almost as much as my entire abdomen is. The first thing I did when I got home was strip out of my horrible CG which I'm supposed to be take several hour breaks from to rid myself of my rash (which is getting better everyday).

Also I'm a little worried my belly button might be infected, both of my boobs have opened at the vertical seams (my ps says this happens and he's not worried), and I'm afraid one of my breasts is bottoming out. Ummmm I think that's it! I will be calling my ps tomorrow to see about coming in this week instead of waiting til next Monday.

I wih I could say things were amazing but oh well, it is what it is and I'll get through it. I hope everyone is having a less sore day than me!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I'm two weeks PO today and I'm more numb &...

I feel so bad you're in pain like this :( I only wish there was some magical advice any of us could give you to help, but if you have to work there is a certain amount you're going to swell. My 2cents of advice would be to cut out any and all salt/sodium 100% and eat pure/clean (without preservatives/additives/chemicals/ect). It could possibly help swelling to change your diet to just mostly vegetables and fruits with grilled meats. At least I know that's how my body would respond. That and tons and tons of only water to drink....I think we all agree in that. I hope you're able to have a long holiday weekend to rest up and feel better. You sure do deserve it!
Thanks. I'm actually a vegan and I only drink water with the exception of coffee in the AM- so needless to say I'm frustrated! Haha! I am taking the cucumber lemon water advice starting right now and am hoping the holiday break from work will help.
Yes, you should be frustrated then. It's all on your work's shoulders! Lay back in your recliner the entire Holiday and don't move!!! I do hope you have an easier week planned next week....can you work from a recliner? Lol Truly, feel better :)

Went to the ps today and everything seems to be ok...

Went to the ps today and everything seems to be ok. He doesn't thnk my bb is infectedand he's not at all concerned with the openings in my vertical seams. He also said we could fix the bottoming out down the road. I go back Monday to be re-taped (we tested my skin with tape to see if id react and I didn't so they think it's the glue they use under the steri strips that I'm actually allergic to). I should also get the green light to stop wearing the CG at that time hopefully. Mostly I just really want to sleep with it off.

Hey! How are you feeling? How's the openings on the boob?
Hi! I'm feeling ok. The openings are scabbing over and the rash is almost all cleared up. I'm losing my mind wanting to start running again but other than that I'm surviving! Hope you're doing well!
I somehow missed that you're vegan! PlantStrongMom and I are, too. I eat suuuuper clean and still swell LOTS. Worse every day, seems like. Post if that cuke water works for you? I don't drink enough water either, but seriously, there's not room for both water AND food in there! I hope you feel better soon!

3wpo I'm three weeks PO and feeling good. I went...

3wpo
I'm three weeks PO and feeling good. I went to the ps today and have officially been cleared to take off my CG and start running again!! I'm sooooo excited about getting back to my routine and just moving. I also get to wear regular bras- whoohoo! I guess three weeks is the official "get back to life" stage and I'm very ready for it.

The nurse told me I'll have to wait another few months before I can get the revision done to fix the bottoming out in my right breast which is ok- I'm not ready for another surgery.

Happy healing everybody!

Hey MLM how are you? 5wks today can you believe it????? It's craziness. My insicion still is not healed have 3 stitches spitting out and has caused openings.
:( that sucks! I'm doing good. I'm back to my routine trying to lose a few pounds before I fly to Australia for new years. It seems like my body is just different now, like I'm wider. I'm hoping it's swelling. I just so want to fit in my old clothes!
Well come to find out they are dissolvable staples. My body so does not like them. Going in Thursday. I still by the end of the day can't stand straight. The lipo above my belly button hurts and swells so bad. I can't fit into my old clothes either. Thank God for yoga pants lol.

2 month PO and part of me feels like it's been a...

2 month PO and part of me feels like it's been a lot longer than that. Since surgery I've been to Australia and back and apart from the occassional phantom itch in my tummy, I really don't feel like I'm only two months out. My swelling has finally subsided quite a bit and I really only notice it after long days. This morning I realized my jeans are too big and I'm finally feeling like I'm getting to my post op size. I still need breast repair for the bottoming out and possibly a dog ear scar rivision on my right hip. Aside from that, I feel great. Hope everyone is healing well!

Ooh, did you love Australia?? I've long wanted to go, but it's such a mammoth expense. Where all did you go??
I did love Australia- my boyfriend lives there so I'm planning to move there at some point. I went to Brisbane and stayed in that area the whole time. It's beautiful there!
Great to hear from you and to hear that all is going so well! You're certainly further along than I am. I swell like crazy by bedtime! Would love to see pics without the rash! Continued happy healing to you!

March 22, 2013 I am scheduled for another...

March 22, 2013
I am scheduled for another surgery under local in May to repair both breasts. The right breast has that implant dropping issue and some healing issues on the vertical incision. The healing issue is minor, it's just sometimes the incision re-opens superficially and I have to put a bandaid on it. So my ps wants to cut the area out and clean up the incision, and hopefully fix the implant issue. The left breast needs a repair to the areola, apparently the stitch didn't hold and so as a result my areola has widened. Aside from that, and the dog ear on my right hip, everything is great. I still get just a little bit of swelling by bedtime and wake up thinner the next morning. I can run and hike and lift weights, everything feels normal again, although there is some tingling in my tummy when the blood starts to pump from exercise- that feels weird! I have the occasional shooting pain that last for just seconds in my TT area and I know that's nerve reconnection. The phantom itch thing sucks too but there's absolutely nothing I can do about that so I just have to distract myself as much as I can. Doesn't last long anyway. I still have very little feeling in my breasts. I think I forgot to mention during my last post that I went to Victoria secret and bought an awesome (but way too expensive) bra. That was sort of pivotal for me, seeing how I look in bra like that- that I look the way the bra intended for me to look! haha. I am a 36 D, and I am totally ok with it. I was worried about being too big but it hasn't gotten in the way of running and that was the main concern. Plus they really don't look that large, in my opinion. My boyfriend thinks they're huge but that's not a complaint coming from him! I'm happy with them :)
I hope everyone is healing well!!

Thank you for all your honest words this has helped me decide to take off at least three weeks when i have this done i would love to see a recent pic ??? Patti
Good to hear hings are still going well:D I'm waffling on whether to revise earlier or later. I have six dog ears, at the end of each straight incision, but they're all improving slowly. By a year, they might be gone. Or they might not. Has your PS said anything abt whether it's bad to wait longer before revision?
Originally he wanted to wait at least six month from my initial surgery but then because I've been having healing issues with my vertical incision on my right breast, he wants to take care of it sooner rather than later.
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Baxter is a great surgeon who has changed my life. I am constantly still baffled as I look in the mirror- I can't believe my long-term fight with my body image has improved this much. All of his staff are amazing and made me feel super comfortable. Any little issue that came up for me during the recovery process was dealt with quickly and without reservation. Dr. Baxter's use of exparel during surgery kept me pain-free throughout recovery too, which is hard to believe considering all the things I had done. I feel like I made a really good choice when I picked him and I will never regret my decision to undergo my mommy makeover.