Silicone Removal from Lower Lip - Sherman Oaks, CA

To remove silicone that was injected into my lower...

To remove silicone that was injected into my lower lip.

Sherman Oaks Dermatologist

Dr W seems like he is a very nice man, I find it all an act in my opinion, although I find his business practices to be very poor. I had a lip reduction where he said he was going to be "conservative" even though I asked him to be aggressive. I paid $2,200.00 for the procedure which produced NO RESULT AT ALL, my lower lip looked EXACTLY the same. When I questioned him about a revision he said it would be ANOTHER $2,200.00!! So I spent $2,200.00 for a procedure that produced no result and he wouldnt budge on the revision price. To me, if I go to a Dr for a surgical service I expect a result. He even had the nerve during a follow up treatment to say into his little hand held recorder that "patient is extremely happy with result" which was NOT TRUE. I understand that there is no way to effectively guarantee a result everytime since everyone is different, but I found another Dr that did what I asked him to do and I got a MUCH better result because I asked him to be aggressive and he was - problem solved. Also worth mentioning is that while I was having the procedure done I mentioned to Dr W that my prescription for Retin A had run out and so since I was in his office anyway having this procedure done I asked if he wouldnt mind writing me up a prescription. After he wrote me the prescription and handed it to me Dr W wanted to charge me $70.00 for a "Dr's Fee" to write me a prescription for Retin-A even though I was already in his office paying $2,200 for a procedure. PURE GREED in my opinion. I told him I wasnt paying any $70.00 fee for him to write on a piece of paper so I balled up the prescription and thew it in the trash.

Yes it was painfull during and after, the recovery was a lot longer than I expected although to be honest the MOST painfull was the removal of the stitches. I do have pictures, how do I post them on here? also the pictures of my lip reduction are very graffic so Im not sure what your policy is on pictures but please let me know.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update. No you should be able to post the pictures no problem, if something is wrong I'll let you know. Pictures would be great. Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

Hi markychv ,

Thanks for the review, but before I add you to the Lip surgery community page could you please provide a bit more information about your experience to fully aid our community.

Did you experience pain and downtime, do you have a few more details about the overall procedure? What made you decide to go through with this procedure, how long had you been thinking about it?

Thanks so much,