Laser Genesis for First Time - Sherman Oaks, CA

So today I was convinced to go with Genesis...

So today I was convinced to go with Genesis instead of IPL, I was told there is no downtime and the treatment itself is not uncomfortable as it can be with IPL and most importantly I would get better results with my skin texture (face only) and overall look of my skin.
I am disappointed to find out the genesis will not assist with my brown spots but was recommended a cream called Lytera.

I purchased a package of 4 for the price of $1,200 (buy 3 @ $400, get 3rd free) I was told to not expect max results until done with all 4 sessions, which will take place every two weeks.

During the treatment I had to wear protective eye wear, and it did not hurt at all, it felt like a warm beam of light running across my face, at times it did tend to get pretty hot but I can hang and wanted max results, so I did not complain as the sensation was tolerable. It took about 20-30 min & was actually nice and relaxing... I almost started to nap!!!

Afterwards I felt normal and I was asked to put on moisturizer with sunblock before leaving, apparently this is the only aftercare... Besides the standard "avoid prolong sun exposure"

Will update with more info as I do more sessions!!!

2nd treatment of 4

Ok so a few days ago I went in for my second treatment, as usual ... Clean face with no make up or moisturizer, nada! And it went well, except when she got to the side of my forehead; between the corner of my eyebrow and hair, it got HOT, for the first time I had to raise my hand and say it hurts, she quickly switched area and told me it was normal because that area is close to bone, once she moved it away the pain had stopped and there was a warm/swelling sensation, other than that quick moment the rest of treatment was a nice warm sensation just like the last time.

Once completed treatment, I did notice the area that got to hot... looked irritated but that went away after 5min or less. I applied the moisturizer with SPF and went on with my day...

I was told from the very beginning not to expect results until I'm done with all four treatments, looking at my skin I can tell this laser is starting to work and get the collagen producing... Maybe it's just me but the texture of my face is starting to look smoother in certain areas!

Oh I also wanted to mention that I had asked if I can do laser hair removal while doing these treatments and she said yes buy because this laser will cause hair loss (in the areas she lasers only) it's best to start those treatments after completing this one. I also asked her if it was true that this laager helps with dark under eyes and she said yes, she will get as close as she can to the eye area so it will produce more collagen and assist with that issue.

Other updates :

Latisse is working! I can see a difference in my eyelashes, darker, fuller, longer - not a lot but it's working, may cause a little itchiness first week of use but totally tolerable, I also found that if you use the same brush for both eyes, cut half the bristles off, and put one drop in cap and dip the brush... You get the same amount need to apply to upper lid and same 50% during each application so your bottle will last much longer!!!

Lytera is working just a little for my brown spots, but I do notice a slight difference, it has only Been two weeks and I was told to give this a lot of time... Not too happy about this since the cream is $125, but hey the money is already spent do I might as well keep trying it.

3rd treatment of 4

So last wed I had my third treatment, nothing really new to add to the review but that there were two moments when the laser got hot but like I had mentioned before the tech would move the laser and the too hot feeling would disappear quickly.
I can also say that I am starting to notice improvement in the texture of my skin, acne scars are starting to fade away and pores seem to be getting smaller, hurray!!!

I also asked the tech if she could provide my progress pictures to me so I may post and she said we could ask the front desk and it shouldn't be a problem!
I will bring it up again on my last visit so I may post on here. The results are not dramatic so far but for me I can see the laser is working...

4th and last treatment

So Last Wed I had got my last treatment and all went as usual, nice, warm comforting with only one time that I actually had to raise my hand due to laser getting to hot, and as usual... Once she moved it the heat disappeared.

The tech told me to give it two weeks before we could see the full affects, and to wait it out to see if I still want to do more treatments or do any injectables.

I also just got the before pictures via email but none of the pictures from our last session, I requested them, so once they send I wil post!

Before Treatment Photos

Once they send me the pics from my 4th session I will post, if they don't send them I will do my best to take my own pictures and post.

Pictures taken Two weeks after 4th treatment

Blue Med Spa has not sent me the other photos I requested so I will not be returning to them for services, I am not so sure about how "worth it " it was now, I mean I see results but for $1200 I expected the results to be much more, I'll let you be the judge...

Perhaps I would consider doing more but at lower cost and different facility.
Blue Med Spa