Neck and Lower Facelift Plus Active Fx - Shelby Township, MI

I am 19 days out from surgery! Today is the first...

I am 19 days out from surgery! Today is the first day that I took a photo of myself that wasn't for my medical progress journal. Please note I typed in the price for neck lower facelift. Active FX is additional but I also had to other procedures. below the neck (by a seperate surgeon).
Package deal so I wasn't sure what exactly to type in that required field

I am stunned..thankful and I actually cried when I turned the camera back around to look at the picture I had just snapped.

I turned 50 last week.I wasn't expecting to look BEAUTIFUL (I thought those days were over)...would have been happy just looking less tired.

OMG!

I AM Beautiful! Look at my chin, neck and complexion!! The ONLY problem that I am finding that I have these last few days is the fact that I'm being approached by boys nearly half my age! Also, for Pete's sake I was carded a couple of days ago while purchasing wine!! Woohooo!

Ha! I look 20 years younger...

Thank you...that doesn't seem to be sufficient to say just "thank you" I will definitely be making recommendations for Dr Kotlus

I am ready to conquer the world!!!

Christine Delvecchio

2 month check up!

I'm especially HAPPY with my profile view! As a matter of fact is I wasn't 110% impressed with DR Kotlus I wouldn't be making this a public affair! :)
Rochester Oculoplastic Surgeon

Outstanding Surgeon, Great bedside manor, Answered ALL my questions plus some I didn't think to ask. Confident and proud of his work but not one bit cocky about it. To me Dr. Kotlus came across as genuinely concerned and empathetic to my perceived problems. He offered solutions....my pictures prove he knows exactly what he is doing.

God damn knock out lol
Where's the picture? Only thing I see is what looks like an xray.
I just posted the latest Diva... Can you see this one?
Hi Chris, all I see is a dark picture can't really see what your surgery looks like :(
:( I can see it very well on my PC... I had to reduce the size (pixels) of the photo in order to upload...when I did that the picture suddenly made me look really RED in the face. Do you have another computer that you can try to look at the pics from?
No I'm viewing them from my iPad. This is the first time I can't view pics on real self. Thanks for sharing.
Looking fabulous & you sound super stoked - like the other ladies I am nervous, anxious, excited - 2 June & Malaysia here I come. Great advise - many thanks :-)
Shazza! How are you doing?
Hi going well thanks love - still don't look like Rachael Welsh lol but Oh well hehe
Congrats to you! You do look fabulous! What was your recovery like?
What a fantastic result, your confidence must be soaring, congratulations
Yes and look out world! :) I'm so thankful! Vanity is not everything but when you look as young as you feel it somehow also tricks the mind. I'm no longer old and tired... I'm ready to tackle some new goals! Kiddies are off to college...sky is he limit! :) thank you!
You do look great!!! Congrats!!!! Any advise for those of us who are just about to go under the knife?
MIMom, same procedures? Please trust your DR. Make sure to see lots of their before and after work. Also a good surgeon will guide you. I went in thinking I was consulting for an eye lid lift. DR Kotlus declined that idea after assessing my face ms listening to my concerns. (Mainly face feels tired even when I'm fresh) He made recommendations, explained why and showed me several before and after shots of others. Post surgery recommendation especially if you also have activeFX. Plan to stay in for at least a week. Not because you'll have great pain (easily managed with pain meds) but it does look awful those first few days. :0 I have to add that I also opted for breast Aug. And a tummy tuck scar revision. I took a full 10 days off to pamper myself. I was chomping at the bit to get back to work by day 11! Oh...it was very comforting to have friends and family around for the first 4 days. Not necessary, I was mobile immediately but comforting. Does this info help? If you are having one or any of the same procedures and have questions for someone that has "gone through" please send another message. There are oddities that may present themselves... Examples Breast Aug "zingers" and morning swells Face/neck lift little bumps and tightness. ActiveFX itching/irritation. Know what I mean? All those little things that pop up after that make you wonder "is this normal" ....answer is probably yes. Most are temporary and part of healing. All were mild and well worth it!
Gosh. I was not clear was I?! I am having a short scar FL plus a eyebrow lift. I will be traveling for this, which is scary in and of itself. The taxi's and the plane ride home on day 8. Yike!!! I will be essentially in a hotel for the week recup'ing.
MIMomBA LOL well maybe my dissertation will help someone else?! Ha OK one bit of advice. Ask your DR for one or 2 anti anxiety tabs. Honestly the worst part of the entire process for me was the anxiousness and fear of the unknown just prior to surgery. Just get to and through that day. Afterwords the fear of the unknown is over...it was uphill and fine from there because your focus changes to healing and results.
MIMomBA, I am considering doing the same thing...travelling and recupping in hotel for 7-8 days. Where are you going? It seems that some Drs want you in town for 10 days which I don't want to do.
Hi! I am going to Florida. I have been given the go ahead to return home day 7 after stitches are removed. I could not get a reasonable flight out, so I am returning one day later, which is fine. My surgery is in a few weeks, so I am now readying my family ("now make sure you pack this in her backpack, and do not forget hot lunch these days".....:) I know I have a phone, but you know!!!!:) The only real worry for me currently is the taxi/transportation back and forth to the Dr. and the plane ride home (I may look hideous). I really did not want to stay 8 days, as it is a burden on my husband. However, I would not be of any help at home either. I had a neck lift 3 years ago, and I was in a reclining chair for a week and slept upright for 2 weeks. I was a mess for probably a week, so I am hoping a week of R&R in FL is adequate. I am very excited!!! You?
Thank you! I went through the "is my BA normal" for about 3 weeks. Yeah, I know that feeling. I have had a neck lift, so I am familiar with the tightness issue. It was not horrible, just "present". My FL is going to be an enhancement to the necklift, as my under chin area is fabulous still. However, my mid/lower face drooping is pushing my neck skin down:( I am hoping my short scar lift will be enough to handle the mild lax skin on neck as well as the tightening of SMAS to improve mid/lower face.
Oh, and in case you did not get my username, I am in MI also. Did you consult with any other PS in MI? I met with 2 here, and 2 in Florida. Oh, also one in Atlanta. I chose one of the PS in Florida. I hope to get my review up soon. You look absolutely fabulous, and should feel over-the-moon:)
All I can say is "WOW"!!! You look so beautiful! Congrats on 50 years!!
Thank you Newme! :)