Fraxel Downtime is Longer Than Anticipated but Happy Thus Far - Shelby Township, MI

$400 per treatment. Finished my first 5 days ago....

$400 per treatment. Finished my first 5 days ago. The treatment was more painful than I anticipated. It does hurt. It feels like little pin pricks. It's day 5 and I am still extremely red and peeling. I had light acne scaring and some skintone issues because I lived in the tanning salon throughout high school.

I was under the assumption that the recovery time was a day or two. I am on day 5 and can't wear makeup or go out looking "normal." 100s of pin point scabs appeared on day two and they are still "peeling" off. Also, although I took antiviral medicine, I developed a cold sore. I haven't had one in 4 years! HOWEVER, my skintone already looks better and the scaring is less noticable.

Will keep you all updated.

Fraxel will leave you with amazing skin... IF you...

Fraxel will leave you with amazing skin... IF you stay out of the sun. I, however, went tanning, like an idiot and developed uneven patches on my forehead. 1 fraxel treatment will cure this problem. So... overall, fraxel is awesome as long as you stay out of the sun.

Allure Medical Spa

Good price and very friendly.

please do keep us updated. especially after 6 months or a year. please do tell us how your skin turns out.
I'm on day two but not as red as I was yesterday. I guess everyone is different. I can go out no problem.
where did you have it done on your body?
I had it done on my face. You can tell something was done but not like omg what is wrong. I went to the store and no one stared or anything. My face is getting itchy tonite though.
Today is day 5 and am getting lots of acne on my chin. I am not prone to acne but the doc said the Fraxel stimulates the oil glands and it is normal to be rough, acne and even red at this point I am not red but more of a bronze type color.
Hey, it said shelby township by your name; can you tell me where you went so I can check them out? Thanks!
Hi Ander, The provider's name is shown towards the top of the review. Once you log in to your RealSelf account it should show up automatically.
2nd treatment- I am on day 5 and this 2nd treatment hurt a lot more. I was in a lot of pain. The healing process was much shorter this time around. I exfoliated very LIGHTLY every day and wore makeup today (I am on day 5). The peeling is done; there is only a little redness left. My face looks great. I did not develop a cold sore.