Hoping for Positive Results - Severna Park, MD

I have wanted to get rid of my love handles and...

I have wanted to get rid of my love handles and pooch below my belly button for a while so I decided to try Zeltiq. I had my first two areas done 2 weeks ago on my back (both love handles).

The procedure was very uncomfortable for me, but I was able to handle it. At first when the suction cup went on, I felt myself start to panic, but I immediately started to calm myself down. After the first 20 minutes I started to get used to the pressure.

When the procedure was done, there was numbness and discomfort. The soreness came a couple of days later, but it just felt like a did a major workout. I did my stomach a week later. The procedure was not as bad as when I did my back, but it was more painful when I got up from the table and the thawing process started. I was ok several hours later all the way up to 3 days later. That is when the needle feeling started (more like sharp knives).

The past couple of days have been really difficult. Today is day number 6 and pain medicine does not help. I have been wearing loose dresses because I am very irritated in that area. Hopefully this pain will go away soon. I cannot wait for some results.

Ross Van Antwerp, DO, MPH, PA

This procedure was new to me so I thought that there would be some pain, but not to this degree. I was told that there would be some numbness, tingling, and possibly pain but I had no idea that the tingling would feel like little sharp knives. I only recommend this if you have a moderate to high pain tolerance.