Hoping for Positive Results - Severna Park, MD

I have wanted to get rid of my love handles and...

I have wanted to get rid of my love handles and pooch below my belly button for a while so I decided to try Zeltiq. I had my first two areas done 2 weeks ago on my back (both love handles).

The procedure was very uncomfortable for me, but I was able to handle it. At first when the suction cup went on, I felt myself start to panic, but I immediately started to calm myself down. After the first 20 minutes I started to get used to the pressure.

When the procedure was done, there was numbness and discomfort. The soreness came a couple of days later, but it just felt like a did a major workout. I did my stomach a week later. The procedure was not as bad as when I did my back, but it was more painful when I got up from the table and the thawing process started. I was ok several hours later all the way up to 3 days later. That is when the needle feeling started (more like sharp knives).

The past couple of days have been really difficult. Today is day number 6 and pain medicine does not help. I have been wearing loose dresses because I am very irritated in that area. Hopefully this pain will go away soon. I cannot wait for some results.

Ross Van Antwerp, DO, MPH, PA

This procedure was new to me so I thought that there would be some pain, but not to this degree. I was told that there would be some numbness, tingling, and possibly pain but I had no idea that the tingling would feel like little sharp knives. I only recommend this if you have a moderate to high pain tolerance.

I had the larger cup for my abdomen (pouch below belly button area)....only one suction piece was used.
Can you tell me if the suction size was different for your love handles versus the abdomen? I am considering the love handles next but may change doctors and want to know what to expect.
They used the same suction cup which I am assuming is the larger cup for all areas. 2 on both sides of my stomach and 2 on my back.

Hi Shelly,

Thanks for sharing your CoolSculpting experience so far. How are you feeling now? I hope the pain improves for you soon!

It is day 11 and the sensitivity is starting to fade. I am still not wearing close fitting clothes because they are uncomfortable to wear. My skin is so sensitive still today I could hardly believe it...but definitely better than last week. I will provide an update if and when I see results.