Severe Hematoma After Liposuction

I undergone what should have been laser assisted...

I undergone what should have been laser assisted liposuction, but seems that my doctor tricked me and performed classic dry lipo since I was under general anesthesia and couldn't see what they were doing.

Now I'm 8 days post op and instead of love handles have pretty large hematoma in right abdomen region. I also had other bruises, one even migrated to my groin area but seems they're resolving, however this one got pretty hard and I'm really concerned.

There was post op. pain, but was manageable. Stuff was kind, but that's all I got. They tricked me to pay the tag for laser liposuction, but I'm 99% sure they've performed classic, not even tumescent because probably they wanted to save on anesthetics!! They've told me I'd be awake, only slightly sedated, but I felt completely asleep the same moment I was put on the table. I had to pray them to stay the night at the hospital, because their policy is strictly "outpatient" for this kind of surgery. Heaven's sake I was barely able to walk even the next day!!

My PS said that I should wait for 2 weeks more and if it's the same he will drain it with low diameter cannula. Can waiting for so long impair skin tightening effect from the laser (if it was used at all), since collagen starts to be active after roughly 5-7 days post op.? Please elaborate on this. Second question, should I use Heparin gel locally, can it help dissolve the hematoma? Thank you Best regards

More than a year later I consider it not worthy,...

More than a year later I consider it not worthy, since I have the same amount of skin laxity as before, results are barely visible and hematoma is about 95% resolved, but not completely even after a year or more!

If you have even a small amount of skin laxity, I am afraid the problem cannot be corrected optimally without tummy tuck :(

More than a year later I consider it not worthy,...

Laxity is still there as before, with or without laser. It was better only during 2-3 week post op, and then after I stopped wearing compression after about 1 month it gradually returned to be just the same as pre op. I blame the gravity effect, i.e. if skin tissue is not fully adhering to muscles after op, due to gravity and motion it disconnects completely and you have excess laxity again. Also not much difference regarding fat, since only small amounts are evacuated.

Hopefully it's getting much better. Hematoma is mostly resolved on its own, however now there is some more skin laxity since all that swelling subsides. Dunno if it will tighten in the future. Not that impressed with results, but thanks god it's not a disaster.
I am so sorry you went through this. :( Awful. You should seek compensation for what obviously went very wrong! I hope he minimally returns your money.

Skaterboy - that looks pretty painful; hopefully by now you're feeling better. I noted this community discussion on RealSelf about Lipo recovery tips.

Also, perhaps these doctor answers about liposuction recovery and swelling are helpful. Liposuction recovery + swelling

Let us know if you still can't find the answers you seek.