Serious Stuff, Think Before You Do It

I have had severe acne my entire life, and went on...

I have had severe acne my entire life, and went on Accutane twice. It worked for about 6 months each time and then my acne and greasiness came back. The problem, it turns out, is that I have hormonal acne, and Accutane does not work for this.

Accutane may work for individuals who have a different kind of acne, but for me, all it did was make me severely itchy, give me constant bloody noses, and make my skin so fragile that i have scars from places where I got just a scratch. Really, it was just a mess. Have your hormone levels checked before you go on this! This is something dermatalogists won't tell you.

I am not sure what you mean by "dermatologists won't tell you". This sounds negative and hints at some sort of conspiracy. If a woman has recalcitrant acne, hirsutism, irregular menses, I would think hormone studies would be indicated. Most of us, due to the potential liability (google any side effect and a host of lawyer ads popup..its scary) and onerousness of the iPledge system, are reluctant to place patients on this drug.