Deviated Septum Fixed, Can Breathe 100% Now

?Most of my life I have had a problem breathing...

?Most of my life I have had a problem breathing through my nose. When I was about 18 years old I had surgery to correct a deviated septum and also when I was 40 years old. Neither surgery was a success. I still could not breathe through one of my nostrils and the other was 70% blocked. This left me breathing through my mouth all the time and was particularly a problem when I was sleeping. So again, in my 50's figuring maybe by this time some strides had been made regarding fixing deviated septums, I went to afew surgeons and I was told that my problem, the way it was, was inoperable and I should lose weight and there was nothing they could do. I still even have a letter from one of the surgeons stating "surgery is not an option". Then I thought I would get one last opinion. I contacted Dr. T and met with him at his clinic with x-rays in hand. I was quite sure the prognosis would be the same. I was pleasantly surprised when Dr. T told me he had a solution and surgery was an option. The surgery was a success and I am very pleased with the outcome to this day. I can breathe through my nose 100%. If anyone has the problem I had, they know just how much of a burden a deviated septum (with this much blockage) can be. NOTE: The cost listed is an approximation since insurance covered most of my procedure.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

My sincere thanks to Dr. T for making my life better. He had a solution for my deviated septum when others said "surgery was not an option"

Hooray for being able to breathe! That must be a huge relief. Thank you for posting your story here on RealSelf.