A Decade Younger - Seoul

I had my nasolabial folds filled several times by...

I had my nasolabial folds filled several times by doctors of average skill. The most recent did the best job, but due to my thin skin and my job, which involves a lot of talking, I had issues. She injected too much filler in one area, creating a lump I hated. For this reason, I was apprehensive about further work. I am 34, but was experiencing a rapidly thinning, hollowing effect due to age and weight loss, and it started afftecting my work. I visited four leading professionals, including a plastic surgeon who recommended a nose reduction and mid face lift, and two dermatologists who seemed uneasy about using fillers. I was referred to a man whom I believe it a true artist. He specializes in fillers and Botox, and is so well known for his interest in fillers that he barely does anything else. He admitted that my bone structure was "more complex than he was used to" and it took him double the normal time to work with my proportions, but he did a phenomenal job. He worked arund my face, touching up hollowed areas, concentrating on the tear troughs, the mid face region and the temples. I was incredibly nervous, but the results are fantastic. Well worth the research. Definitely do your research-the wrong doctor can make a mess!

I have a little swelling and pin point bruising on one side. It's similar to my past experiences. The "aha" moment was immediately after, but I was told there would be some swelling. It's barely noticeable with make up but a little tender. I'm glad I passed on the invasive plastic surgery suggestions at this time.

I'm glad to hear you found an injector that gives you the results you want! Have you had much bruising or swelling with the injections?

I had my 2 week check-up yesterday. My face...

I had my 2 week check-up yesterday. My face initially looked great, but naturally, it swelled some and that took about a week to resolve. The other issue was significant bruising, which I knew was coming, as I bruise easily. One day 2, I noticed that extreme dryness in the delicate skin under the eye was causing my precious "hollow" skin to look very wrinkled, but after moisturizing this resolved. I had been concerned that I would have "new wrinkles" and was relieved it was fixed with a few days of moisturizing and time. 2 weeks later and it cleared up well. My face looked exactly as it had before minus the hollows and the doctor touched up a few areas, this time leaving only tiny pin point marks. I decided to have a mid lasting brand of Juvederm (1-1.5 years) injected into my nasolabial folds. In the past, I was dissatisfied with the results so I was wary, but my doctor has been recognized as being in the world's top 100 for fillers, sepcifically, and I went for it. I see his talent, certainly...in contrast to previous doctors who either injected too little or too much, he seemed to pay more attention and used different guage syringes for fine lines, spent more time, took more photos, and had me make multiple facial expressions as he worked. The immediate results looked good, but I have the "day after firmness" and swelling. My concern with the mouth region is looking "stuffed", or losing the dynamics of my smile. He also commented on the Korean tendancy to fill all hollows around the cheek bones, and as mine are very high, he had initially suggested it. I opted to leave them alone as I like them. So far, so good.
This time the doctor provided me with a heavy moisturizer that acts as an antiseptic and hydrator for my eye region.

HI can you please list the name of the clinic?
I had my 2 week check-up yesterday. My face initially looked great, but naturally, it swelled some and that took about a week to resolve. The other issue was significant bruising, which I knew was coming, as I bruise easily. However, 2 weeks later and it cleared up well. My face looked exactly as it had before minus the hollows and the doctor touched up a few areas, this time leaving only tiny pin point marks. I decided to have a mid lasting brand of Juvederm (1-1.5 years) injected into my nasolabial folds. In the past, I was dissatisfied with the results so I was wary, but my doctor has been recognized as being in the world's top 100 for fillers, sepcifically, and I went for it. I see his talent, certainly...in contrast to previous doctors who either injected too little or too much, he seemed to pay more attention and used different guage syringes for fine lines, spent more time, took more photos, and had me make multiple facial expressions as he worked. The immediate results looked good, but I have the "day after firmness" and swelling. My concern with the mouth region is looking "stuffed", or losing the dynamics of my smile. He also commented on the Korean tendancy to fill all hollows around the cheek bones, and as mine are very high, he had initially suggested it. I opted to leave them alone as I like them. So far, so good.

So glad to hear things are going so well for you! Its especially encouraging to hear that the filler for the hollows under your eyes has turned out so well, as it seems with fillers that is a more difficult area to treat. Please continue to keep us posted on how you are doing.

Extra research led to a talented doctor who did an excellent job of restoring volume