Life in the Old Guys Yet ! Procedure at Selston - United Kingdom, GB

Hi, I gained a huge amount of information from...

Hi, I gained a huge amount of information from this site when I was researching vaser lipo, so time to give something back, so here's my feedback of the procedure I underwent at the Selston clinic, but be gentle with me as first time for any kind of "blog".

Now maybe not your usual candidate as I'm a 57 year old male.
Been training in a pretty much punishing regime with my training partner ( 53 year old female ) for several years now, a typical week would be a minimum of 2 x 45 min spin classes, 2 + hours of circuit training, a funky pump class which is basically an hour of boxing and in the summer months anything up to 120 miles a week cycling and whilst we are fit the aged body doesn't respond like it did 30 years ago.
So, sadly having separated from my wife 18 months ago but on the bright side having some surplus cash because of it decided at the tender age of 57 to have vaser done, hoping I could see what all those years of hard work would look like.

I spent almost a year researching off and on before deciding on who would do the procedure and whilst there are many good reviews of several clinics, each time I came back to Selston, and whilst a few people have been dissatisfied ( which will always be the case ) and they seem to be more personal than surgical, so I choose Selston and in my opinion they delivered and some.

First set of photos at pre-op, ( April 12, 2014 ) I'll post the others soon and the procedure.

The procedures I underwent were lower/upper abs, April 12th and flanks and lower back a week later on April the 19th.

Looking forward to seeing your post-op pics!  I think more and more men are undergoing this same procedure- so you are not alone.  We recently published this article all about it (your pre-op pic with the 6-pack drawing reminded me of it).  Hopefully now your body will reflect all that hard work you've been putting in- you are very active!
Dr. Bassi

First impressions count as far as I'm concerned and I found the consultation at Selston very relaxed but professional, to me Dr Bassi ably assisted by Mags was a guy who'd done this procedure many times before and that was reflected in the easy manner in which the consultation was conducted and as another reviewer has stated there was never a hard sell, it was about what they could do for me, all my questions were answered and any I'd forgotten about were always answered within a day by Mags via email. Dr B said to set realistic expectations in how the procedure would turn out but I was under no illusions and to be honest didn't expect anything other than a slight improvement due to my age.