Seek a Plastic Surgeon/mesotherapy Specialist

After doing MUCH research, I recently had my first...

After doing MUCH research, I recently had my first lipo dissolve treatment. In doing some investigation into this procedure, I have learned some interesting facts:

The injections offered by Fig and at day spas are often not administered by a nurse or doctor. They are often given by "trained" personel. This training could be months of classes and seminars or it could be a week of observing treatments; no one really knows. For this reason, I went to a plastic surgeon who has an RN on staff who is specially trained in mesotherapy. I would highly recomend looking for a well respected and board certified plastic surgeon in your area who offers the lipodissolve procedure instead of the Fig franchise and day spas.

Also, know in advance if you are allergic to soy, soy milk or tofu. One of the main components in the lipodissolve injection is also a main component of soy, called soy lecitin. If you are allergic, you may get blisters, a rash or hive like symptoms.

In terms of pain....the needle that my mesotherapy specialist used was very tiny and therefore was not very painful. I can tell you though that the knee/inner thigh area is THE most painful area to have treated, mainly because of how your leg bends when you walk. Nevertheless, it is still better than liposuction which often causes large bruises and small sticthes to close the puncture sites.

All in all, I am confident that i will achieve my desired results with 2 treatments. However, my confidence comes from my own research and faith in a licensed and specially trained mesotherapy specialist....not someone who read a book on lipodissolve and is preforming injections. One DOES NOT have to be certified to administer these injections, so it's up to you to ask about their qualifications.

I had my lipodisolve treatments at a spa in St. Charles. I have agreed not to mention their name. I was not sure about the treatments - and so that I would have some recourse if it did not work - I opened a charge with Care Credit. Turns out after 15 treatments and thousand of shots, I was having NO results. That''s when they decided to change "really load me up" according to the "doctor's" assistant. Shortly after the treatment in both thighs and my stomach (all in one visit) I started turning beet red, then uncontrollable shaking and feeling sick to my stomach. They allowed me to rest for a few minutes, then helped me to my car. I drove home and barely made it from my car to the couch - where I was all night - sick, shaking and thinking "what have a done to myself?" I complained to the spa and the doctor in a letter - I was completely rejected and told there was no cause to provide a refund. That's when I went to work - gathering all the info from previous comments and visits. Turns out the doctor add YOHIMBINE to the cocktail - it's a male hormone - that and several other natural ingredients were not disclosed in the information they provided prior to the treatments. Armed with the copies of my info, the info on Yohimbine and the fact that the "doctor" turned out to be an Oral Surgeon with several complaints filed against him (the internet is a wonderful source of info), I worte another letter telling the SPA I considered them responsible for the treatment since they provided the advertising and space - and that I planned on contacting the BBB and Care Credit, as well as contacting the Medical Association and Dental Association. Guess what - I got every cent returned! I was provided with a statement from the attorney for the SPA stating I would not pursue this any futher. I encourage everyone to check out the physicians, the assistants and the company you did business with - to get your money back!
Can anyone refer me to some one in the Atlanta, Georgia area.
I had my injections done by Dr. Salzman a board certified plastic surgeon in Louisville, Kentucky who graduated in the top 10% of his class and studied at Duke Universities infamous plastic surgery unit. He told me that the fig places only use a 1/2 diluted solution of the PCDC (phosphatidylcholine deoxycholate). and the other half is a cocktail of vitamins and minerals. This means it takes a LOT longer to achieve the results you want, and takes A LOT more money. My doctor suggested only two treatments and it cost me only 700 dollars!
Could you refer me to a place on Long Island New York. Thanks
Hi Shelby and Jennifer, Like Jennifer, I just finished my 2nd treatment at fig. At this point, I do not see any results. Hopefully, I will start to notice some after my 3rd or 4th treatment. I have experienced the burning and itching after each treatment and also, the feeling of being pregnant (stomach very swollen) but in reality, if you are pricked with a needle 10 times in any area, you are going to receive some swelling, so this does not bother me. I am looking forward to the final treatment and the end results. This is my question to Shelby, do you know who the money back guaranteed mision is carried out? I would assume that we will be measured...but after how many months? Jennifer, please suggest the mesotheraphy center that you are going to...I have friends that would also like to try this procedure out, but they are not confident with fig. (not sure if it is fig. or if they are just afraid of the treatment)... To both ladies, please continue to update me on your progress...it is always good to hear others testimonies...
Hi there Marie. You've got Jennifer and I mixed up.....Jennifer had her treatments done at Fig and I, Shelby, chose a mesotherapy specialist (an RN by formal training) at a plastic surgeon's office. While I don't have any concrete notes on Fig's money back guarantee, I have read some poor reviews. Some women have made it seem like you have to jump through hoops just to meet the requirements of the guarantee, and even then, you may be told to "give it more time." But since I did not choose Fig, I really don't know if any of that is true. I have had two treatments to my inner thigh/knee area. It's been about 3 weeks and the swelling has completely gone away and only a slight feeling of stiffness remains. I am going for my post-op pictures in 3 more weeks. I am confident that I will see the results I desire in 6-10 weeks. However, Anita, my lipodissolve mesotherapist, said that I will continue to see results for up to 6 months. I will make sure to come back to this board for an update =) I chose Anita because she studied for 4 years under the woman who pionered the use of Phosphatidyl Choline to dissolve fat, Dr. Patricia Rittes. In addition, the plastic surgeon, who's office she is a part of, is very highly regarded. Here is Anita's info: Anita M. Vennekotter RN Vitenas Skin Institute 11914 Astoria Blvd., #470 Houston, Texas 77089 281-484-0088 fax: 281-484-7717 e-mail: anita@drvitenas.com Best of luck, Shelby
Shelby, I am so glad that I found your post about fig. I saw Channel 13's expose on them and have been very curious about them. I will take your advise about using a reputable plastic surgeon but am afraid that your mesotherapist is too far away for me. I live and work in the medical center area and prefer to stay in this general vicinity. Please let me know how you are doing with your results. I would like to start with the belly area - after having 2 c-sections and a hysterectomy, there's no hope for a flat belly again! I have a perpetual 4 month pregnant look and absolutely hate it. Thanks for the review, Kriss
Kriss, I completely understand not wanting to make a long drive. However, in this instance, I would advise you to go ahead and make the drive to see Anita. Think about it...this is something going into your body. Don't you want the very best no matter how far you have to travel? And seriously, it's not that far...maybe 30 minutes. And you would only be driving there 2-3 times over the course of 1-3 months. Anita has been really fantastic. She was so happy that I came back for after pictures (most people don't come back) that she gave me a free touch-up! So I got 2 1/2 treatments for $500 and I am very, very happy. I am going back for more after pictures, to see the results of the touch up, in 5 weeks. So far, I have noticed a flattening of my problem area. Anita told me that I would see gradual results for 6 months. And that is really why I chose this procedure over lipo...I don't mind waiting for the results. I would much rather choose a non-invasive, relatively painless procedure that is affordable than pay a lot for an invasive procedure with a longer recovery time. I really can't imagine a better experience than going to see Anita in Dr. V's office. He was rated one of the top 10 best doctors for women, so he only staffs the best people. I will be sure to come back with an update in about a month! Best of luck! Shelby
I just read this and wanted to clarify a couple of things. #1, I did not study for 4 years with Dr. Rittes.I simply participated in a course that she taught several years ago.Secondly, while Lipodissolve does work to eliminate fatty pockets, I'm now of the opinion that targeted liposuction done under local anesthesia, or Local-Lipo as Dr. Sam Sukkar calls it, is a much quicker and less painful alternetive.And lastly, the above contact info for me is no longer accurate.