Saline Breast Implant Removal - Seattle, WA

Hi ladies, I'm 43 years old and have had my saline...

Hi ladies, I'm 43 years old and have had my saline implants for 6 years. I went from a 34AA (I think) to about a 34C. I'm 5'9" and they don't look obnoxious, but they just don't feel like "me". I notice them when I swim and do exercise like push-ups. And - as many of you have commented on - when I hug people. Boo.

Like many of you, I'm nervous about how I'll look once they're removed. But at the same time I'm looking forward to being back to myself. Ironically I've felt less sexy and have covered myself up more since I've had the implants. I guess I was never fully comfortable with them (except maybe the first couple months after getting them when they were still "new").

I was really glad to stumble upon this forum. I'd love if you would keep me in your thoughts and would appreciate any words of encouragement! Thank you all for being willing to share your stories.

My implants are out! I saved them - as a reminder of the crazy foreign objects that had been in my body. I am really happy with my decision. I can lay on my stomach at yoga, get a massage and hug people without two balloons getting in the way. Swimming also feels normal again. It's a bit of an adjustment, but in a good way. I'm not looking back.

seattlegirl, have you had your implants removed?

I felt the same way when I found this site. I wrote so much that night it felt good to tell my story, and with each comment/update I find a piece of me that has been missing or one which is brand new. So, welcome and congratulations on your decision to return to your natural self, you are about to start a journey. They say a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, and you have taken that step. I want you to know that I will be thinking of you, wishing you the strength to go forward, and and the courage to face your fear, knowing that you are not alone.......

Welcome to RealSelf! I hear that a lot from ladies in this community...that implants just never felt right or comfortable. I'm glad you're able to take this step and I hope you're really happy with your new/old lighter body!