Tiny Broken Capillary on my Nose: The Annoying Tiny Red Dot - Seattle, WA

I had a tiny red dot on my nose because I popped a...

I had a tiny red dot on my nose because I popped a tiny little zit (sooo stupid!) which I have done a hundred times over the course of my life. We all know we aren't supposed to pop zits but I couldn't help myself. Who would have thought I would actually pop a capillary! Cheers to being 40 years old.

Dr. Reichel used a KTP laser which I have never heard of and it hurt like heck. I have a small tattoo the size of a nickel on the inside of my ankle....and the pain was very similar to that.

The doctor discovered a few little barely noticeable veins on my face that she zapped off for me since I was there. Some were under my nose and on my cheek and HOLY HELEN they hurt.

I told the doctor and her assistant to tell their patients to push their heads against the bed when she zaps them (she warns when it is coming). If you don't, you jerk your head. So do yourself a favor and press the back of your head against the bed. It will brace you from the zap. Did I mention it really hurts? But only for a second with no after pain at all.

You know that annoying paperwork you have to fill out upon every doctor or office of any sort visit? Well Dr. Reichel actually read it and gave me some ideas about keeping my skin healthy looking and the other "concerns" or questions I had about my skin.. It was so refreshing to see she actually read it and took an interest in what I wrote.

My red dot is gone and hasn't returned. It has been since early September 2012. Dr. Reichel also offered to re-zap any red dots or blemishes if they returned. So far, so good.

Nope, no swelling. I think I did have some redness immediately afterwards but I went back to work as soon as the appointment was over. I wish I had a good before and after picture but the dot was so small.

That is great that you were able to get the broken capillary taken care of, and from what it sounds like in just 1 visit! Was there any sort of redness or swelling in the area after the treatment?

multiple broken capillaries on each side of my nose from the various lasers that tried to "treat" them but only created more. The red lines turn whitish and some were the tiniest bit raised but I went out immediately make up free and only had to have one touch up a month later on two small lines that had been the worst of them all. Total cost was $300 with a free follow-up. The radio wave machine also works on the legs. Good luck!
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

I was referred to Dr. Reichel by a women I know who had a tiny red dot removed off the bridge of her nose. I checked her out online and couldn't really find anything about a red dot on the nose (broken capillary) but I gave her a chance anyway. She was so kind and thoughtful (I was scared). I looked at a few other Dermatologists but I liked Dr. Reichel's reviews. I emailed her from RealSelf and she responded immediately to my message. I called the office and got in though my schedule was challenge. She was surprisingly kind and personable. The red dot had to go though I was a bit taken back by how much it cost. I had no idea or point of reference so perhaps it is just what dot zapping costs these days. :)