Great Results - Seattle, WA

I did a scar revision on chicken pock marks on the...

I did a scar revision on chicken pock marks on the temple/forehead. The techniques used were excision and subcision. Theses procedures can be tricky especially on the forehead area were the skin is tightly bound down. I got great results. The depressed boxcar scars elevated with the subcisions to become flat with the surrounding skin and the excisions done created a linear scar which was way better than what was there beforehand. Total healing time took 8 weeks. There is some redness that resides and new scarring that occurs from the scalpel used to do the subcisions and again linear scars from where the excisions were done. Its been 10 weeks since my surgery and I am now planning to do laser resurfacing with perhaps some dermasanding over the newly formed scars to help further fade them. Overall I feel really great about doing the procedure and really feel a boost of confidence. Many facial plastic/cosmetic surgeons are not familiar with the subcision technique, so if you are planning to do this to improve depressed scarring, you really need to find a surgeon who knows what they are doing. They need have a steady hand with the scalpel and be able to suture the subcision appropriately. The suturing can be difficult to do on a small area such as a chicken pock scar after the subcision is performed. I found Dr. Young who was able to do these things very well. This guy is the real deal. He was very straightforward and very professional during my time at his office and he delivered on point. I had such a good experience and overall great results, that i plan to have him do the laser resurfacing and perhaps dermasanding here in the near future. He has a lovely staff around him that really make you feel comfortable and help ease the stress of having surgery. Overall I had a great experience and great results. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking to do this kind of scar revision done, and whose #1 concern is getting the best results possible.
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Young is very professional, yet personable. He has exceptional skills as a facial plastic/cosmetic surgeon. I had a wonderful experience with him and would highly recommend him to anyone.