The Nose I Was Meant to Be Born With! - Seattle, WA

I had a huge honkin' nose. I'm already a bit of...

I had a huge honkin' nose. I'm already a bit of an amazon-ish woman, so having a big nose (humped, big bulbous/hooked tip) made me insecure. As both a child and an adult, I was told numerous times that my profile looked like a witch; particularly when I smiled. Nobody wants to be ugly when they smile or laugh! Although I pretended to be ultra confident, I was always self-conscious of my nose. I always had a little voice in the back of my head telling me I looked like a witch. If anyone had a camera, I always made sure to keep an eye on it so they wouldn't get a picture of me in profile. I thought unkind things about my nose every day since I can remember. It's also really difficult to be one person in your minds' eye, and then see a picture and think OMG look at that schnoz!

Although the first few days after surgery were tough (I was really swollen and bruised), it was worth it, ten times over. Now I never even think about my nose, unless I'm looking in the mirror or see a picture and think "Look how cute I am!" I am 100% confident now, and not just faking it. I can't even tell you what a huge relief it is to not LOATHE something so fundamental as the middle of your face. There's no hiding that. My nose is just right for my face too - not too cutesy for a 5'10" athlete, and not some ultra-sculpted Cher nose, either. It's perfected suited/proportioned to my face. I seriously wish I had done this 25 yrs ago!
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Portuese and his staff are fantastic. They've been really accommodating to me because I have to fly in from out-of-state for my office follow-up visits. They also respond REALLY quickly to any emails I send with questions or concerns. When I first met Dr. P, he actually took the time to get to know me a bit as a person - what I do for a living, my hobbies, etc. We chatted. At first, I was surprised that we weren't getting right down to business and talking about my nose - I'd never talked with a doctor who actually was interested in me as a person. This guy is genuine in his interactions, and clearly wants the best for his patients. His work his fantastic - my nose is so much better than I could have ever hoped for. I would (and have) recommend him to my best friend in a heartbeat.

I'm so happy for you!! I am also considering to get my nose done, but I'm hesitant because I want to find the right doctor who can get it right the first time. Do not want to get any revisions done... Anyway, thanks for your review!!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

People have zero tact...I cannot believe that people told you that you looked like a witch! What a mean thing to say to anyone--child or adult. Anyway, I am glad that you are now happy with your nose.
Oh my gosh, I could've written your review! I felt the exact same way being tall and having a huge nose to boot (I also love to use the word honkin'! :) I'm glad this was liberating for you and that you love your results. Thank you immensely for sharing.
Dr P got bonus points too for considering my height - he commented that he wanted to ensure it wasn't too upturned (just a *smidge*) so that people wouldn't look up my nose. Never thought of that, but glad he did!