Bad Nose Job and Poor Followup - Seattle, WA

Google Dr. Philip Young before doing business with...

Google Dr. Philip Young before doing business with this man and don't be deceived by degrees. I chose to go with Dr. Young because it appears that he is double board certified. Also after observing my nose he was very confident that he could fix it. This was my fourth nose surgery and it was a full reconstructive surgery using rib cartilage. Dr. Young claims that he has all the same training as the leading nose surgeons in the world.

Now, having 3 previous failed surgeries, I knew quite well the possibility of failure. So I asked him what would happen if the surgery failed and how long it would take to know. He said if the surgery failed that he would refund his cut and it would take about a year after the surgery to tell if it was successful or not.

The surgery took him four hours longer than he said it would (10 to 11 hours total). He was supposed to collect the rib cartilage via a 1/4 inch incision under my pectoral muscle like good surgeons do. Instead, he cuts a 2.5 inch incision straight through my top left abdominal muscle. Recovering from this was more painful than the nose reconstruction itself.

When he took the bandage off my nose it was HUGE. I mean, I looked scary. I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror. The swelling has gone down a lot since then, but my nose is still very big and bulky. The tip of my nose is a big glob of cartilage, the nose bridge is crooked, and the right side of the nose is lower than the left side. Here I am three years later and my nose looks worse than before the surgery.

I asked Dr. Young for a refund and he says he never said anything about giving me a refund. However, he would like to continue to "help" me by doing another surgery. I told him that I would not let him do another surgery on me even if he paid me.

Dr. Young has no talent as a nose surgeon. Out of the four surgeons, my experience with Dr. Young was by far the WORST. I urge you to stay far away from Dr. Young.
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sorry about your poor result. I think the grafts need to come out. I would try to pick a really experienced revision doctor who can resculpt your nose and make it look shapely and normal. On Realself you can use the consultation forms to send away for several opinions. 'I told him that I would not let him do another surgery on me even if he paid me.' LOL that's really funny.
I'm so sorry for all the pain you've been through. Are you going to try again to get it fixed or have you decided to live with the last results? Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
I am so sorry for what you have gone through! Sounds as though you were treated as an experiment!!! Don't let him touch you again :( I hope you can find an expert surgeon to help you but I can only imagine your disappointment and despair after 4 surgeries gone wrong. My sincerest sympathy to you.
At Aesthetic Facial Plastic Surgery our Mission is to provide unwavering quality care to improve people's lives through Facial Plastic Surgery and the YoungVitalizer. We go above and beyond to help our patients. The comments that have been posted are not authenticated. We are unsure if these comments are actual patients or competing doctors. If you are an actual patient, we ask that you contact us as soon as possible so that we can help you directly at 425-990-3223 or contactusatdrphilipyoung.com. We will do everything we can to improve your situation. We wish you peace, love and happiness - Aesthetic Facial Plastic Surgery.
In response to the comment about authentication, please note that all reviews submitted on RealSelf go through a moderation process (both computerized and human) to validate the content and the user before publishing. If the review has been published, it has been validated with our systems used at the time of publishing. In addition, published reviews are randomly put through our auditing processes to ensure continued compliance with our guidelines.
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. It must have been very painful. I too live with a botched primary rhinoplasty. I hope you will be able to find the right surgeon to help you. And thanks so much for sharing your experience and letting others know of the possible rhinoplasty outcomes.
I am sorry this happened to you. I hope you can find a skilled surgeon to fix this doctor's mess. Good luck.