Hoping for a Straight Smile and Fixed Open Bite - Seattle, WA

My teeth relapsed after having braces as a...

My teeth relapsed after having braces as a pre-teen and I wanted a solution to straighten my teeth and correct my bite without having metal braces again.

Thanks for starting your review so early. I'll be looking forward to hearing how you do with each step of treatment.

Here is a review started by a community member who is also waiting to get his trays. You can see from his Clincheck he posted, that he has a very slight open bite as well.

"Invisalign Process for 40+ Year Old Professional - Seattle"

Thought you two might enjoy chatting about your experiences. :)

Started my first set of aligners. Very easy, no...

Started my first set of aligners. Very easy, no pain at all. I saw the Clinicheck video, and the results look perfect. I have quite a few attachments for rubberbands, I'm not really looking forward to. The biggest change over the first couple days is just getting used to brushing after every meal. It's not a huge deal, but I definitely want to maintain oral hygiene while going through Invisalign. I heard that some people just swish with water, but I only want to do this under circumstances when it'd be impossible to brush. Nearly everywhere I go there is a bathroom so this shouldn't be a problem. I have another appointment in 3 weeks where I get the rest of the aligners for this period. They just started me off with one set, which is slightly annoying that I have to go in again. They might put my rubberbands on then, too, but I'm not sure. Yikes.

Congrats on getting your first set of trays - you are officially in treatment!!

It is kind of a bummer you have to go back to get the next set, I know it can be tough with as busy as everyone's schedules seem to be, but at least your doctor is wanting to make sure everything is going smooth & isn't just releasing you on your own & not keeping a close eye on you - silver lining. :)

Keep us posted if you get your elastics next time or if they have you hold off.

I got a few more sets of aligners and I now have...

I got a few more sets of aligners and I now have my attachments/buttons! 11 altogether. Boy does it make it more difficult taking off the aligners. The orthodonic assistant taught me a few tricks, such as using two fingers, one behind the teeth and one in front for leverage. The buttons feel really strange on my teeth when the aligners aren't on, like food is stuck on my teeth. It will take some getting used to. According to my orthodontist, I may not need elastics, but we'll see.. Next appointment in less than 3 months!

Well I can definitely understand why getting your attachments on might not seem very exciting, but its another step towards being done & having straight teeth, so in that regard it is very exciting!!  Fingers crossed your teeth move easily & you can avoid elastics. ;)

Seattle Orthodontist