Hi, New Here - Seattle, WA

My surgery is probably going to happen in...

My surgery is probably going to happen in November, haven't set the date yet.
I have read almost every post on here and have found them very useful and inspiring. One question that I have is how you take vitamins, is it liquid or pills?
I have been reading as much as possible on many websites about this surgery and feel well informed except for the question of vitamins.
Would love to hear from you.

Just a picture of me

Reasons

I have chosen to have gastric bypass because of my health issues. They are diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea to name a few. For a long time I wanted to have the banding, but found out that it would not make the diabetes go away. Dr. Chang said that gastric bypass is the only one that will do that. I really never wanted to by rearranged inside, but here I am in that process.
I am very happy and very nervous about this surgery. Reading all the great reviews, even the ones where someone had issues lets me know that I am not alone in this!

Approval

Today I saw the psychiatrist and the nutritionist in Seattle. They both said I was a good candidate for bypass surgery. Now the next thing is get a surgery date set!
Dr. Lily Chang

Met with her on September 13th, 2013 for the first time. She was kind and very informative about the surgery.