Over the rainbow - 9-week photos - Seattle, WA

Hi gals - So amazing to join this team of amazing...

Hi gals - So amazing to join this team of amazing women who bring so much comfort, education, and support to this very emotional process. I'm having a moment of insecurity tonight (along with probably too may champagnes tonight celebrating summer's final arrival) and decided to join Realself finally.

I have read many stories so far and feel very encouraged by all the details shared - with great laughs, comraderie, and intamcy! Thank you for being here! I HAD to join because of what you have given me so far!

I am 43 yo and 34G (per Nordstrom but still can't wear it comfortably - spill out and they are put on a platform for all to see - so I actually squeeze into a Bali 34DD (hate underwires) to minimize). 5'6" and about 180 lbs (no kids) and have tried for 12 years to lose 40+ lbs with very concerted effort and I believe the metabolism is now dead! I have had 2 half marathon goals and got to the 5 mile point of training and failed due to chafing boobies and life. I desperately want to run without having to hold my boobs in place with the whole neighborhood watching. Not to mention the clothes, bras, neck/shoulder pain, and overall selfconsciousness we all feel. These puppies just grew from my 20s onward and I don't see an end in sight.

I had my first consult with a PS about 3 weeks ago. She was very nice and encouranging, and the office was spa like (kinda prefer the clincal feel myself), but I didn't feel a connection and after the consult I perused her before/after photos and was not convinced that she was going to give me what I expected. Only 2 out of about 100 outcomes would I have been pleased with. Mainly the areolas were in an odd spot (facing far out) and overall everything seemed too wide. This is definitely an art as well as a science (I know cosmetics is not the main priority when going through this - the elimination of pain and embarassment with clothes is utmost for me - but I want to feel good about myself naked in the mirror for the first time in years).

So I decided to schedule a second consult - both my gyn and an acquaintance have recommend this next PS with 25 yrs experience and an educator - I am hopeful. My appointment is this Tuesday, Aug 7th. Was trying to lose 5 lbs before the appointment but somehow gained that much - must be psychological sabotage - not deserving of this gift since I cannot lose weight.

My fears tonight...my belly! All I can see right now when I look down are the boobies. But when I hold them up/push them into normal position, my belly is big. What if this is a mistake and afterwards all my focus will be on the belly. I am so hopeful that after this looooong desired surgery, I will get all this new energy to start my running goals again along with planks to get this flab gone. But what if I I can't? I know I'll never be Jennifer Aniston or even the 116 lb bride that I was, but a reasonable 40+yo weight is all that I wish...and of course to walk around the house without a bra and without the shirts tucked inderneath, and without the huge grooves in my shoulders.

So...this process is just beginning for me and I am very anixous at this point but also comforted by the support I know I will get here - nobody else knows the feelings you share with me - not even supporting husband, family. I am hoping insurance will cover this and am still waiting for the first consult to be submitted and acknowledged by insurance. Their non-insurance/cosmetic quote total was approximately $6800 with anesthesiologist/hospital, etc.

More to come after my consult. Thanks again for this sisterhood!! You are the BEST. Hope everyone is healing well - I think of you and check in often and wonder how it must be....
(PS - the bulldog thing - we love English bulldogs - joy of joys)

Welcome Bulldog! Even if it is liquid courage, so glad you jumped on board with us! A lot of women hear that others think they have lost weight after the surgery. I am 41. Had my surgery a year ago and am thrilled that I did. Hope your appointment today went well!
Glad you joined us , I'm 20 day into the new me and loving it , before I had the surgery my mum said to me just remember you will see your tummy more ( she had hers done 35 yrs ago ) I'm so glad she said it coz it's true :( my waist is not as small as every one thought ( including me ) and my tummy is now what I see , BUT I will fix that when I'm fitting fit . You wait till you see your before pic's you will not regret it for a moment . X

Welcome to the community!!  Glad to have you here with us!!

Keep gathering your information and doing the research.  You will find the perfect doctor and be glad you took the time for the consults.

Take a deep breath and baby steps and you will get there.   Let us know how the next consult goes!!

Had an excellent consult yesterday, as hard as it...

Had an excellent consult yesterday, as hard as it is to bare yourself in front of a stranger, but quickly got over my modesty and let it all hang out, or low in my case. I figure he'll be getting much more acquainted with my boobies than even I am. He definitely is "the one"! Office and staff were great - felt like friends already. The doc was very caring, thorough, detailed, and an expert. I know he'll be with me throughout this whole process. He explained in detail the pedicle procedure he uses, why he uses drains, why he will not do lipo, possible complications, the stitches and scarring, how he uses tumescent to limit bleeding. I like that during the procedure he will sit me up to determine the nipple placement. He didn't "dumb" it down for me, but used clinical terminology - just what this perfectionist/A type needed. Just an excellent experience and now I have so much confidence and understanding. The anxiety and fear is replaced by excitement and just wanting to be on the other side. He estimates 450-600 removal - he likes to start low with insurance and then they can't come back and say he didn't take enough and then deny - that would be a nightmare - as it is I have a large deductible plus 20%. But will still choose to do this if denied - just have to save up more. So should hear in about 3 weeks from insurance, then about 4 weeks out for scheduling - hoping no later than the end of September. Patience is definitely the key here - difficult since I wanted this yesterday! But good things are worth waiting for from what I am reading here. I'll check in when I hear anything. Will also get up enough nerve one day to post my before photos. Might take more liquid courage instead of just this coffee this morning. Hope everyone is doing well!

So glad you liked your PS. Will be anxious to hear your insurance company's decison. Best of luck. Will be anxious to see your pictures, but only post what you feel comfortable with. If nothing else, maybe post pictures with a bra or even a t-shirt and save the bare ones for just at home. But get something so you can compare before and afters. You will enjoy watching the transformation!
Liquid courage was exactly right Iowa - might take more to get through this whole process but so encouraged by the fact that you are thrilled with your outcome. Great advise Kimmers - I posted my update and you are right to suggest taking the time for additional consults! Thanks for the encouragement Symone - provides hope and excitement and I agree, the belly can be fixed with getting more fit, which I plan to work on beforehand. (PS - changed my name - bulldog just didn't sound right after I read it).

Just checking in and posting my pictures. Still...

Just checking in and posting my pictures. Still waiting for insurance. Never heard from first PS and its been 6+ weeks, so another sign that they are not responsive and not the clinic for me. The PS I chose called 2 weeks after my consult and said they have everything ready and are submittig for insurance - that was 1+ week ago. So can't get my hopes up yet. I am posting my before pictures and hopefully can put my surgery date up next. I've noticed a considerable increase in my shoulder/neck pain and twinges. Maybe I'm more acutely aware of it now that I started this process. Can only get worse with age. Sending well wishes to all those in recovery - rest up and be kind to yourself. xxoo
Exactly!! Thinking I must be nuts to consider having someone slice me up - until I have run up the stairs holding them in each hand or after taking my shirt off and seeing how much they have shifted in my bra creating a uniboob or out the top - haha. Still haven't heard from insurance so no date set. :( Probably not until at least October now! At least I'll be able to cover up and hide the change thru winter until I'm all healed. Can't wait for the relief and sharp pains to be gone from the shoulders from straps constantly digging. Thanks for the ongoing support - Its amazing!! I'll keep you posted.
Hi Niesey,
I had my BR 1 week ago on 29th August 2012.. My BR started at 0800 and i was out of theatre for 1330 and in recovery until 230pm.
Once i was back in my room I noticed my neck felt 'loose', in fact, I had NO PAIN in my neck, shoulders or upper back - at all. None ..zilch!! It was fantastic.
I slept as i had a morphine pump for 3 days, but by 8pm the first post op night, I needed the loo. The Nurse and my partner helped me to the bathroom, and when I stood up, I nearly fell over as I realised I was stood up straight!
I looked in the mirror.. and OMG, I couldn't believe what i saw!!! My boobs were tiny, in a good way and compared to the big boobs; (clad in lacy, monster-sized industrial steel enforced bra's) I had before, = 34GG/H (UK size!!)
Have you ever had those moments when you have to look 2 or 3 times to check your eyes are seeing properly??
Your brain can't quite take it all in?
My first thought was wow... but i look like i've had a mastectomy... did my PS find something and not tell me?( I was on a high dose of morphine so i was not in the most perceptual mind state!)
So after checking I had boobs and they were amazing.. I then saw my abdomen!
My body has always been my smallest part. I wear size 12 (uk) (?size 6/8 US?) jeans and i am not sylph-like at all. I have a tummy but my arms and legs hips etc are slim. But all i could see is my abdomen... how 'big' and flabby it was! I could also see i had a long body!! It's been hidden even when I lost alot of weight 6 years ago (size 14 top and size 8 jeans UK (=size 8 top and size 2 US??) I had a 28GG/H boobs.
So now, 1 week post BR, and wearing a surgical/clinical light support bra in white and with my newly seen abdomen complete with flab...i still look amazing!! People who have visited me have gasped at how much 'weight' i've lost! When i have pointed out my 'abdomen', my partner and friends have said 'what abdomen'?I am now 'bottom heavy', or should I say a classic womanly shape. I love my lower half as it was he part of me that people would notice and i often heard comments such as; "if you didn't have those boobs, you would look fantastic", or "that dress, top (whatever i tried on) would look so much nicer... but your boobs make you look big in it". So now even though I can see my tummy, its nothing compared to the huge boobs I had to endure before.
When you lose weight, did it go from everywhere in your body except your breasts? It did for me. So i know once i am stronger approx 6-8 weeks time, I will walk fast with my dog and i have vowed to stop eating chocolate and rubbish to get rid of my abdominal 'fat'. Niesey, you will look and feel amazing after this BR. I read this so many times on here and how 'in a heart beat' women would do it again if they had to. I now understand why.
I appreciated why before... but i now KNOW. Your confidence will go through the roof, your pain will stop and you will be overwhelmed at how nice tops look on you!! I hope that gives you some perspective on things? Any change in body image can cause a shift in our perception whether its a wanted procedure (BR) or its placed upon us (Mastectomy). We will all differ in how we cope and process that change emotionally. Some may mourn the 'loss' of boobs as it once defined who they were and they are sad but then are fine from then onwards. Some are just so thankful its gone and live well not batting an eyelid! For others, it highlights other imperfections to such a degree hey need more surgery eg a TT and again some women decide right i will ea healthily and exercise. We are individuals! If i have surgery again its for V V's as my legs since having kids are like maps of the british motorway system!! But for now thats nothing as i LOVE my new perky boobs!! Good luck and if your ready- go for it! X x
Iowa - you are the sweetest!! As you probably remember, this is the time when your mind plays tricks on you and you second guess everything!! Thanks for the umph!!

Called insurance just now - they have denied it =...

Called insurance just now - they have denied it = "direct plan exclusion" - she said a letter I should be getting will go through the appeals process. I have no idea what to do now. I have not gone to any docs and complained about my pain - I just suffer with it day in and day out. So I think I'm screwed. So frustrating because my premiums are outrageous and I've paid for this procedure many times over. It'll be a while/a year? before I can save enough to pay out of pocket. My bras are in desperate need of replacement, which I was holding off on. Guess I need to splurge and get a new one now. Thinking of you all and will check in to follow how you are doing. Take care.
Just want to let you know I'm thinking about you. I'm still waiting on a answer from Aetna.
Got your private message Iowa with the detailed letter - wow. She really layed it out there and seems like hers was much more extreme then mine. I will, however, adapt it and see what I can come up with to describe my situation - so thanks for sharing that. Thanks Reynok for sharing your situation too - I appreciate it and am very much like you and don't have any documentation - But through the years massage therapy, ibuprofens, and I will ask for a PT referral but also know how that adds up and it doesn't help. The only thing that helps a little is no bra. Wondering if I have nerve damage and if they can prove that. Right now all I have is a verbal denial and my letter is in the mail. The ins. over the phone says the only thing allowed in my plan is for cancer! Which I'm glad I don't have but I do have other symptoms that affect day to day life. They probably allow knee and hip replacements due to pain and damage, so why does this require cancer to get help? I will keep truckin' and work with my PS and other docs to beg for approval. I have an appt Mon morning with PCP (which I don't ever go to because I go through naturpathic medicine for blood work analysis). So don't even have that relationship. Thanks for ALL your help gals - its huge!

Some physical therapists will show you exercises to do at one visit and instruct you on how to do them at home if you relate that you just can't afford to come on a regular basis. And that should still constitute a trial of PT.

Plan B: No insurance coverage - "direct plan...

Plan B: No insurance coverage - "direct plan exclusion" (excluded right below sex change operation - why didn't I read that closer before all this??) So much for United Healthcare. SO - shop around for a reasonable yet skilled surgeon. Have a 3rd consult this Monday - In the middle of the price range but highly recommended. Will have to use CareCredit plus a little of my own money I was saving for the deductible. Maybe now I can be more demanding comsemtically. I'll keep you posted gals. Thinking of you Ohiogirl as well as Adore and WakaWaka (those waiting for approval and healing). So happy TooBigLongBeach that you are doing so well and a happy girl - you had me worried there for a while - thanks for sharing your exciting journey! Take care all - I'll be in touch.
thinking i you too. don't get down about it. hopefully you will find areasonable priced surgeon that you like. :(
oh and check ebay. i order alot of my bras off there for cheap. all new too. 8$ to 20$ at the most. check out international sellers too.

Keep fighting the good fight, Niesey! You will get there. Let us know how your consult goes!

Fantastic PS appointment today (3rd and final). I...

Fantastic PS appointment today (3rd and final). I felt so comfortable - he was so natural and friendly and I can tell he's an extraordinary surgeon, and a decent price range too. He pretty much only does the vertical pedicle with short scar - it was the first time that I saw this style described and drawn out - I thought most of them were similar to the inferior pedicle. I like how he described it and am very excited he uses this technique. Guess it makes it not as flat/more full. Has anyone had this particular style done? My preop is on Sept 26th already and then I'll be good to go. Quite scary but I'm trying not to think about it. Can't believe I even took the plunge and committed - emotionally and financially - I just jumped right in today without hesitation! I am very confident in the surgeon and look forward to talking with him again to make sure we are on the same page size wise. Seems like such a fine line between too big and too small, and to leave that all up to him in the end is strange since I'm a little control freak. The October girls I think are adding up so let the countdown begin.
I better wear my glasses. Your scheduled October 19 and I thought it said September. Sorry!
good luck tomorrow!! we will be waiting to hear..xoxo
Im 27yo 38G and an currently serving in the air force. 0 kids and have had at least 20 back spasms in the last 6 years. I weight about 215 and am 5`8. I have never been really skinny and actually embrace "the thick" lol. I have been known as the girl with huge boobs my whole life. Would surgery be my answer? Am i too young? Too fat? Too small/big of boobs?

Preop was yesterday. What a comforting appointment...

Preop was yesterday. What a comforting appointment. My hubby was there with me and glad he got to hear everything the surgeon discussed. LOVE my surgeon - so relaxed and reassuring. He was so positive that I am doing the right thing and that I will be happy with outcome. Feel better about size - I was requesting a middle of the road C and wanted to make sure we were on the same page so I actually showed a picture of Kate (my gold standard - hope you don't mind Kate!!) and in his opinion its more of a D - so it shows size is in the eye of the beholder! So will be very happy if that is the size I end up with. Actually, I have no idea what a C would look like, as I don't recall being that since I was 16. So regardless of the cup that I end up with I feel great that we are at least on the same page. He was happy with the photo of what I was aiming for because leaving too little tissue makes it difficult to shape and tends to be too flat with no projection, and also causes circulation and healing problems. And I am more curvy so he wants proportion. Boy, all that release paperwork is scary but you have to forge ahead and sign away! Never been under general anesthesia so hoping for no problems. Have to see my cardiologist for a clearance - I have occasional atrial tachycardia that is benign and haven't had an episode in a long while but they don't want to take any chances so I will probably have to do an EKG. Otherwise all set and paid for! Here we go......
Niesey - loving your posts! About tachycardia - as long as you tell the anesthesist it would be fine. I have a solid arrhythmia - luckily nothing drastic so I dont have to take meds for it but it always scares the living hell out of docs- my heart constantly misses a beat whilstI feel absolutely fine :) My PS said my anesthesist was sitting in front of his monitor counting crazy :) Poor guy - for 3.5hrs :( Make sure you talk to your anesthetist about your reservations in regards to anesthesia - I did and it worked out splendid for me. Sizewise, I think your doc is fair - at the end of the day the best result is the portionate result - cupsize is prodcut categorization by the bra companies - and what is C in one would be D in the other one..I went from GG-H-I someting to C-D - depends on what brand what style one is C the other is D..I hope all will be fine for you!
hi im scheduled for Nov 9th good luck on your surgery you look like me what size are you am a 42i and i cant wait to go down too a d cup....
Getting closer and closer !!!! Don't be anxious and make lists lol

In 2 weeks I'll be on the other side recovering -...

In 2 weeks I'll be on the other side recovering - slowest 2 weeks of my life!!! Let's get this over with....
funny you say that about the size being in the eyes of the beholder. My dr asked me before he started drawing what I wanted to be. I said a c. He said well you are an x or whatever he said I said no - GG - he said well after you get to be a certain size it is really hard to tell. Didnt worry me at the time, but I just this minute got concerned. Was his vision so different than mine. Oh well, its all over now.
dont worry neisey ur date is coming soon enough. we will all be here when your need to vent or have questions while in recovery :)
Best of luck! It's amazing how small you are under all that boobage! You're going to look and feel SO much better! :)

My nerves are shot - don't know how I'm going to...

My nerves are shot - don't know how I'm going to do this. The angst is severe. I think I need to call my PS' office and get some questions answered and reassurance. What have I done and what am I about to do? = Posted this to October reduction area recently. Still anxious. Will call my PS after my cardiology appt tomorrow to discuss and hopefully that will help. Good news: lost a few lbs and feel better about going into this lighter, found my postop going home clothes at 2nd hand stores because I don't have anything front closing except PJs. Will definitely need a sunny vacation this winter to celebrate this when its over!!!
Thank you lovely ladies for all your well wishes!! So great to be able to share this with others that understand! Finally this morning the cardiologist got the clearance letter to my PS so I didn't have to go into their office on my way to work and unleash some whoop a#@&!! Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight - of course now I'm worried about getting my stomach empty enough in the morning that I won't get nauseous - guess its enough to stop food/liquids at midnight as they instructed. Never had general anesthesia or prescription pain killers so this will be a trip. We need to be there at 9am so better get to bed. Here goes....
Good luck tomorrow! I'm sure everything will be great! Be sure to check in when you're feeling up to it! Thinking of you!
Hope all paperwork is done, and that you are ready to get some rest tonight before your special day tomorrow! All good thoughts going your way. hugs dear one! :-)

I'm alive and well and now can heal. Today has...

I'm alive and well and now can heal. Today has been surprisingly comfortable. Initally right out of postop there was burning on a 7 scale, but once home and on my oxy and eating something I feel great - had a bannana on the way home really helped. No nausea whatsoever, but I've never been prone to puking. Hubby taking good care of me and my doggy. My surgeon and staff couldn't have been better - loved their sense of humor! No hitches. Looking forward to seeing the results - probably not until Monday at the ostop where I assume drains will be removed and bandaged changed - very little fluid draining so far.. Was able to empty it myself since I don't think my hubby likes the sight of the fluid too much. I realized you end up having to totally rely on your surgeon to do the right thing with size, contour, safety. He said he'd make me as small as he could wihout compromising blood flow and nerves. My hobby is upholstering furniture, so it was funny that after he left the room after marking me up, I totally manipulated them in the position I saw him mark and could see how it all worked, just like sewing a garment or pleating the back of a chair. haha. I'm am anticipating a rougher day tomorrow as most have, but so far so good. Take care everyone!!
Hey there - CONGRATULATIONS, you've made it!!!! You look really great (last pic). Was thinking about your surgery on Friday and wishing you well. You said that drains are still in....My PS plans on taking mine out 16 hrs post surgery. I'm scheduled for 12:30 and going home the following morning at which point drains will be removed. Please tell whether or not taking having them taken out really hurts. I've read so many different reviews I don't know what to expect....Are you sleeping a lot? Feeling tired and excused?
Hi Aga - thanks for thinking of me. Actually feeling fantastic!! I rarely get sick and usually tough everything out so maybe I have a high pain tolerance, but I've been doing remarkably well. Slept and rested most of the first 2 days and that's probably why my back hurts now. Going in for my postop in a couple hours so i'll keep you posted on the drain removal. Best wishes to you on your upcoming sx!
Thinking of you and sending you calm healing thoughts and prayers, rest take care and good luck tomorrow at your post op! hugs

Been laying low these couple of postop days and...

Been laying low these couple of postop days and taking it very easy. Feeling better than expected except for the upper back pain and GI pain. My trusty baked kale has come through for me. The drain location is the only thing that I can say is slightly uncomfortable and hopefully they'll come out today - not much draining. Only on Tylenol now. Looking forward to my first postop appointment this afternoon - Maybe I'll get a peek. Overall surprised at how great I feel and excited to see the outcome - I think they'll be perfect and I love my surgeon and his staff. I'll post pictures for the reveal. Thinking of everyone who is healing and those gearing up for their big day - you can do it, just forge ahead and be strong.

My postop was today - The big reveal! So far I...

My postop was today - The big reveal! So far I think they look great! They feel like mine already - just the way they should have been all along. Still a little swollen but that will go down - only day 3. Doc said sx went smoothly and didn't see anything concerning regarding pathology. Love my doc - so down to earth and skilled. He took out the drains - didn't hurt at all. Just a little tenderness where they came out now. Niplles have normal feeling so far. He retaped and said I could shower now. Washed my bra and walked around without bra for first time in years = freedom. Took out about 450g left/360g right - so not as much as many gals here but I don't think I was very dense - pretty flabby stuff. Have no idea what size I'll end up (probably a D) but they just seem natural and fit with my frame. Overall I feel wonderful and seem to be healing well. Now just have to take it easy cause I feel so great. Don't want these sutures to open up. Next postop scheduled 10/31.
That's exactly how much my dr said he is planning to remove from mine! Hopefully they will look as good ad yours! :)
You look amazing! happy healing
Pot of gold is right, you are looking good! Rest and heal and don't forget to hydrate.... you will have plenty of time later to "do" all the things that will pop into your head while you are resting.... for now healing is your only job! ":-) hugs

1 week postop - fighting a little boredome today -...

1 week postop - fighting a little boredome today - still have another week off work! Although I have in my mind all these things I'd love to accomplish while at home, I just don't feel like it. So instead I am entertaining my doggy, reading, and whiling away the hours on RealSelf :) Feel a little biggish these last few days - most likely from swelling from what I've read. No pain, only slight burning. Out of my Zolipdem/sleeping pills - boy were those great! Back pain and stiffness in mornings is severe but doesn't last long. No other changes to report. Will check in next week after next postop appointment. Hope everyone is doing well waiting and healing...
ur after pics look awesome!!!! so glad ur doing good and taking it easy. :)
Niesey, I am glad to hear you are doing so well. Keep taking it easy. Bizarre question for you. Where did you get your front hook bra? When I look on-line for front closure bras, most of them have zippers. I would be afraid of zipping my skin into it. Don't want to make scars while healing from scars.lol
Hey Joy - LOVE my surgery bra - so very comfortable: http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=93536 The zipper one my doc recommended I still can't fit in - it is weird to zip and it squishes things in the middle. Give this one a try - its adjustable on the straps and front closure - I think mine is an L but possibly could have done an M.

Adding photos today - feeling great

Adding photos today - feeling great

Updating photos now 8 days PO. Feeling great.

Updating photos now 8 days PO. Feeling great.
You look really great! Thanks for sharing your journey and please for us Nov girls keep updating!!
I have to tell you! your boobs look so good! my inspiration especially the two pics next to each other! thanks for all your help and advice!
well, had to bring some humor into this hurricane sandy situation

Had my 2-week postop yesterday - have I said how...

Had my 2-week postop yesterday - have I said how much I love my doc? What a great person! He answers all my questions before I can even ask them. He removed the steri-strips. All the sutures are still closed, they are dissolvable so it was a relief to know he doens't have to remove any stitches. He then applied the scar tape that I need to change ever 4-5 days. We discussed the right area that bothers me - on the inside its a little square and seems to have extra flesh/fat - if that was gone then I think they'd look and feel more equal - Just needs some more contouring - I have to adjust this area frequently inside my bra cause it gets smooshed in the band - without me asking he immediately said he could easily revise that in office under local for n/c! I didn't even have to ask he offered and said we can discuss that at 3 months. What a relief! Just amazing he cares so much that I am 100% satisfied. Otherwise everything is perfect. Next appointment at the 6-week mark where photos will be taken. I don't feel like I've even had surgery - of course it helps that nobody really knows so no comments from people. No real pain or discomfort - every once in a while a twinge or the band hits a stitch and I need to adjust it. Holding off on bra shopping cause I just don't know for sure what I'll need. Heading back to my desk job today. Actually worked last Saturday night at our restaurant and "tried" to take it easy - although the dish washing is too tempting to walk past so I was slightly sore in the morning. Thinking of everyone this week heading for sx or recovering! Your in my thoughts...
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY goodness!! You look AMAZING!!! wow, they came out SO beautiful! The shape is so awesome and your nice and symertrical and your sew job was fantastic! He did good! You did good! I"M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! It's all downhill from here friend. Get through the itching and minor discomfort the next 2-3 weeks and your home free..................so much fun now, and so much fun to be had! xo
You are the sweetest - thanks for that boost of confidence!! I think there will always be one side we like better than the other, like you, but I may have him revise that little square corner on my left - it keeps getting smooshed in my bra. However, nobody would ever notice except me so why bother. We'll see as time goes on. I remember the troubles you expressed with your "deflated tire" and it looks like that filled in beautifully!! You look awesome. Thanks again for your fun-loving enthusiasm!!! Can't wait for summer or a Cali road trip this winter!!
looking good!!!!!!

1-mo postop and sharing some photos to show how...

1-mo postop and sharing some photos to show how the scars are healing. Feeling fantastic - Still a little sore at the end of the day. I can feel some hard spots internally but they are getting softer as the weeks go by. Having troubles finding bras that are comfy for me. Still go back to my surgery bra because I can wear it all day without discomfort. I think I'll be a 34DD still, which is a very difficult size to find off the rack with no underwire - wanted to be out of the doubles but I think weight loss will accomplish that, so kind of glad I have that buffer so *when* I lose # I should go down to a D. Still only cleared for walking - no running yet. So much more comfortable in my clothes and feel normal now and not self conscious or trying to hide - its a great feeling!! This has been a wonderful experience and life changing. Best wishes to all who are waiting and healing.
You look so fab! Great news your recovering well! x
you are looking amazing, you have healed really well! xx
lookin' good!!!! I can't wait to be at the point you're at! you look fantastic and everything healed so nicely!!

Updating photos since I really appreciate seeing...

Updating photos since I really appreciate seeing others' progress too. I am now approx 9 weeks po and feeling awesome! What size do you think I look like now? Important to contemplate because I think I look way smaller than what I am measuring and fitting in bras.....wanna guess? Answer: 34DD. I think I don't look any bigger than a 34D so its deceiving. Hope this helps some put into perspective what we are requesting from our surgeon and when they say they can't promise a certain size its true and its because it ultimately dosen't matter as long as they are proportionate to your body, look and feel good, and give relief to the pain we experience. With that said, however, its still difficult for me to go bra shopping - not only am I picky, but there are not that many comfortable options in the doubles and up. So I simply went shopping in my own closet and low and behold I have plenty of options right here without spending a dime (although a bra burning bash was on my dream list). Had my 6week po and was cleared for everything: exercise, underwires, scar treatment. Next po in 6months to check on scars. Scars are fading very slowly - they are still pretty red and the horizontal ones are still slightly raised - those are sore in the mornings so I lightened up on the massage. PS gave me a sweet gift of premium sunscreen to put on under my bathing suit - a must he said - although I haven't seen the sun here in months!!

Thinking of all my past buddies and hope you are doing well in recovery and the newbies that just came out and all those on the tarmac awaiting take-off - try not to worry - the anxiety and waitng is the hardest part of this. Take care everyone and happy healing. Enjoy your "noobs"
It's so nice to be able to read what other ladies say about their breast reduction. I am waiting patiently because my surgery is scheduled for this Monday , July 28th. I'm so anxious to see how I look in my clothes post-op because I've been so selfconsious about it. I've had the rashes for 15+ years and I can't imagine what it will be like being free from back pain, rashes, shoulder indents etc. I'm a little nervous but also can't wait for the surgery to be over so I can begin my recovery!
You have amazing results! Thanks for posting pics . I am a little over 5 weeks and love my newbies :-)
Such an incredible transformation! I am so excited for what my surgery has in store! Thanks for uploading the healing pictures at 9 weeks. It really helps to see post-op pictures that are further along. It gives me a better idea of the "final"result, rather than the healing process. You look amazing (and SO MUCH thinner)!
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with Dr. Salemy and his staff. I knew the day I consulted with him that he was my PS - he had a high degree of skill and training, had a good artistic eye, knew the most up-to-date procedures and would ensure that I was happy with my outcome. I am thrilled with how my breast reduction turned out. They are beautiful, symmetrical, natural, and my healing was flawless – all of this because of Dr. Salemy. I enjoyed his communication style – he is down to earth and I felt relaxed in his care and comfortable asking questions, and I knew he would be there for me if I had problems. He knows what he is doing, and his preop and postop processes as well as the nurses, technicians, and anesthesiology ensured that I had the best outcome possible. I liked that my surgery was in their own ASC and not at the hospital. Also his fees and the costs are reasonable – worth every penny and more. Love him and his staff and my whole experience.