Amazing, Skilled, Kind - Seattle, WA

My breast surgeon who did my bilateral mastectomy...

My breast surgeon who did my bilateral mastectomy referred me. There are no cons! The Dr. and her staff including Lilly were just what I needed when I found out that I had breast cancer. I had no doubt that I would have a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction and the providers that I chose every step of the way were the best and I would refer any family member or friend to this provider for the breast reconstruction.

Dr. V and Danielle made us feel that we were in...

Dr. V and Danielle made us feel that we were in such good hands. The "Girl Talk" support group that is held once a month was so helpful. Escpecially the first one we went to, there were women there that were all at different stages into there treatment and we were able to gain so much information on what we would be facing. Before meeting Dr. V, I had already had 2 lumpectomies, then I decided to have the bilateral mastecomy, since I am a diabetic I had to wait 3 months between each surgery and also ended up having a hysterectomy so I had a total of 7 surgeries in 15 months. My breast cancer was detected due to a bloody discharge from one of my nipples, after the 2nd lumpectomy they found a 3.7cm area right below the nipple, it had not spread and the lymph nodes were not affected. I felt the best treatment for myself would be the double mastectomy with reconstruction and looking back I have no regrets whatsoever.
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

5 Star - Excellent Rating

Well done! 7 surgeries in 15 mnth's is hard work emotionally and physcially and you made it out the other end, Great going! I'm interested in what kind of reconstruction you choose? Helen.
Because I'm diabetic I wasn't able to do immediate reconstruction, that is part of the reason why I had so many surgeries, after I had the 2 lumpectomies then the bilateral mastectomy I had to wait 3 months to get my tissue expanders, I had those filled weekly for about 5 weeks, then had to wait 3 more months to have the breast implants put in (during the 3 month wait I had an unextected hysterectomy) after the breast implants were put in I waited 4 months to have the nipple reconstruction done just a month ago! I am going to take a break for about 6 months before I get my nipples and aereolas tatooed, I'm very tired of procedures and am so glad the worst of it is over! Dr. V has great support group meetings once a month that I would reccomend you attend if you live in the Seattle area, I learned alot by going to these before I started my treatments.

Wow, 7 surgeries in 15 months?! Oh my gosh, you have really been through it! I'm so glad you felt you were in good hands with your doctor and that you found a supportive group to share with. That really can make all the difference!

So glad to hear you had such a good experience.