57 in Good Shape - Got Tired of Rocking That 12 Year Old Boy Chest Look! Seattle, WA

Well I tried fat transfer thru another PS and well...

Well I tried fat transfer thru another PS and well it kind of took in one breast but not the other and, yes, you guessed it, it took in the breast that was slightly larger in the first place!! Of coarse! Why would that NOT happen to me. Anyway, I was happy to meet Dr. Sowder and explain my dilemma and listen to what she had to say about a fix. Not only was I substandard in the small category but now I was lopsided as well. She suggested implants and we decided on two different potential sizes to equalize the difference. The final decision would be made in the surgical room during surgery. I waited 6 mos. to post this review. It took time to have my breasts heal and I anticipate they will do some additional healing even yet. They are now about as equal and pretty as I hoped they would be. They did not settle at equal times so that is why I waited. One being more of natural fat and one more of the heavier implant there were phases of differences in the process. I expected this. I had them under the muscle and it takes a considerable amount of time to see the final results and shape. There is a lot of movement when I use my muscles but the implants would most likely not have had enough coverage if they were placed over the muscle and with the unequal size, I think under the muscle was the right choice even though the movement with the muscle is distinct.
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Sowder is very thorough with a great sense of humor. Kind of no nonsense and definitive but very sensitive to my needs at the same time. I was able to emphasize what was important to me and then let her do her job as a professional with years of experience. She was the most expensive PS that I consulted with about this procedure but I am confident that my situation required a very unique solution that only she could best provide. Her staff was excellent also. On top of it all from appointments to follow up and very professional.

Thanks for sharing
Hello, I would love to hear how you are doing. I am turning 57 next week so seeing your age was especially exiting. I'm having a Breast Aug and Tummy tuck. I was wondering what you meant when you said that you feel the movement. How long post op are you and do you know if you will always have that feeling? Is it annoying? Thank you!!
I'm sorry to hear the breast fat transfer did not work. (Feel free to write a review in the Breast Fat Transfer community about this first experience.) Sounds like you found a great doctor to help you regain your symmetry with some new added perkiness. What type and size implants did you get to compliment the rest of your body frame? Feel free to pop in on a Forum of other women getting breast implants in their 50's. Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story with us on RealSelf!