27 Years Old, No Kids, 5'7'', 130 Pounds - Seattle, WA

My surgery date is quickly approaching (one more...

My surgery date is quickly approaching (one more week!), and the nerves are piling on! I have found this website very helpful in easing my anxiety. I am currently a 32C (at Victoria's secret) but actually more like a 32B. I am getting 370cc silicone implants under the muscle, incision under the breast, so I hope to be closer to a 32D.

My biggest concerns at this point are that they will look too big, or that the tissue around the implant will harden. My doctor said that if this happens, I would have to get them removed and start all over again-which I can't afford!! This means my breasts would have to stay small AND be stretched out from the implants. So here's hoping that won't happen!

Dr. Salemy seems very confident and makes me feel like I am in good hands. Now I just need to figure out a way to sleep for the next week without freaking out!
It's been 15 years since I had mine done. Under the muscle350 saline filled to 375ml, same incision under neath. I was a 32AA, now after two children, I'm a natural looking 34C. I did well , but pretty darn sore at first. Take it easy with lifting for a month and wear the bra they give you for them to heal in place. You can start massaging them once they heal. This will prevent them encapsulating. Might sound crazy, but it worked. I was 25, and married for 5 years, no kids yet. Totally did this for myself, but my husband was very supportive. ;) praying all goes well and you get the results you want.
Well, Dr. Salemy just did mine, two weeks ago on Tuesday, and I can tell you that the entire experience has just been absolutely wonderful. You should sleep soundly knowing that you are in wonderful hands! You should also sleep soundly now, in all of your favorite positions, because you'll be missing that for a while after your surgery!! :) I love this site. It gave me a ton of info and ideas for how to prep for surgery. I think I was actually a little bit over-prepared, which is WAY preferable to being underprepared. Good luck! Can't wait to see and hear how things go!
370 will not be too big at all and may not even make you a full D because of your height. I have 350s now and I'm basically a 30DD, but I am very petite. I started off with 225 overs and did develop the hardening you speak of (capsular contracture) within a year, so you need to be prepared for anything. We are in serious boob debt now after my revision!! But it's worth it, I think. I would suggest 400-450 at least for your height if you like the D look. Mine have shrunk so much after surgery that even though the doc said he could fit 350 max, there's room for more!!! Check out my pics and good luck!!

6 more days!

As far as nerves go, today has been more of a calm day. I'm actually looking forward to having some time off of work so I can just read and watch movies and paint. I'm not too worried about the surgery, but I am nervous about how my breasts will look-I hope I love them! I'm starting to feel like I'll miss my little boobies. They've been good to me! Oh well, time for a change! :)
Getting close to surgery, very exciting! I hear you about enjoying some time off. I'm a stay at home mom (I run my own little business on the side) and it was a nice change to read and veg out on Netflix lol Can't wait to see some post op pictures! Are you all prepped with meds and extra pillows?

Today is the day!

I am about to leave my house for my BA!!! My chest feels so tight and heavy, and I feel light headed. I'm so nervous that I'm not making the right decision and that I will regret going through with this. Another part of me keeps thinking how long I've wanted this and that it really is something I am doing to make myself happy, not others. There's really no turning back now, unless I want to lose $8000!! Here's to hoping it all turns out well and I am happy that I did it. Here I go!
Praying for you today!!!
Thank you! Surgery went very well. I've been very tight and sore but as long as I keep up on my meds I'm doing okay.
Yep I made sure to have all my meds before hand thankfully! I feel great until they wear off so I'm trying to stay on top of that. Today is my post op so I'll be able to take a peek!

I made it!

Well I got boobies yesterday! The surgery went very well but I have been in quite a bit of pain (very tight and sore). Thankfully my sister has been staying with me and making sure I stay on too of my meds and eating. Post op is later today, so I'm eager to see how they look so far!
I had a consultation with Dr Salemy as well!! I'm scheduled Dec 8, but nervous as shit. Lol. I been on this site everyday to look at before and afters to make sure I'm not going too big. We talked about 420cc silicone mod under the muscle, he said that will give me a full C. My friend got hers done with Dr Salemy too so that's why I chose to go with him. So far the staff has been great and answers all of my questions I have. I am debating between 400cc and 420cc... 5'1, 130 lbs. 32A. Any suggestions on which size I should go with? I know 20cc isn't that much, but who knows.. haha
Congrats btw!! So excited for you to see full results after they drop. Any updated pics of how they are looking?
Congrats :)

3 Days Post Op!

Yesterday I couldn't get out of bed on my own but today I feel much stronger. I am still very sore and tight but my arm movement is getting better all the time! I am still consistently taking my pain killers and muscle relaxers, but hoping that by tomorrow I can start weening off. Here are some pics that people have requested. The markings are still on because I can't shower until tomorrow but it will give you an idea. I know they are modest but this very brutal look is exactly what I was going for. Yay!!

Typo!! ^^^^

I meant this very 'modest' look not 'brutal' hahahaha wow.
They look fantastic already! I cracked up at "they are modest but this very brutal look is exactly what I was going for. Yay!!" Hahaha
You look great!! That size is perfect on you! Congrats!
the 370cc are looking great on your body. very natural looking! here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

5 days post op

Feeling pretty good today, but oh man have I been feeling nauseous! My biggest issue the first two or three days was the muscle pain, but since the pain level has started going down I've been dealing with nausea and an extreme head ache, probably from the oxy. I cut down on pain pills today and have been trying to rely more on just Tylenol. Doesn't help that I have been having troubles with constipation! (Sorry tmi) but they weren't kidding when they said load up on fiber! Feeling bloated makes everything worse. I am still so happy with the size and I'll post more pictures tomorrow after I shower again. Very happy I finally did this!

Day 8-ready for the pain to stop!

Its now been over a week, but I'm still having to take pain pills which make me sick. :( I love the way my breasts look and I'm so happy with the size I picked, but they are still very tender and hard. I am supposed to start massaging them today which will hopefully loosen them up, but it is quite painful so I know I'm not doing it as well as I should be. Lefty is a bit more swollen the righty so the skin is very tight! Luckily no stretch marks yet though. My doctor originally wanted me to go two sizes bigger (420cc) but I am already stretched to the max! Glad I went with my gut and listened to my boyfriends advise on 371cc. I go in for another post op appointment tomorrow, so hopefully Dr. Salemy will reassure me that the pain and tightness at this stage is normal.
Mine were hard and sore for.... well, they still are, to tell the truth. But not pain like I had the first couple of weeks. I would say the first week I had a TON of pain but was on painkillers and Vicodin. Then the second week I was in moderate pain but SUPER sensitive skin and getting up in the morning was the worst. The third week was the hardest week for me, because my sensitive skin was SO BAD but also that's when I really started getting muscle spasms, like really bad ones. I think they were triggered by the compression strap because last week as soon as Dr. Salemy said I could stop wearing the band, the spasms stopped! It's definitely a process, I didn't really think about it especially because so many of my friends that got BAs said their recovery was easy peasy. But they didn't start with next to nothing like we did. You've just gotta get through the next week or two then you'll notice amazing improvement. Just be good to yourself in the meantime and indulge in things that make you feel good and happy :) You look amazing!
Thank you for your words of wisdom! It does make sense that they would stay hard and sore for a longer period since I didn't have much skin to stretch out in the first place. But always nice to hear that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and that I'm not the only one! Hope yours start to take it easy on you soon!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Day 9- ouuuucccchh!!

I feel like crap today. :( I started massaging yesterday and I woke up in the middle of the night because I could barely breath. It feels like I must have bruised my sternum on the inside of my left breast, which was already quite a bit more swollen then the right. I am trying to just take very shallow breaths because anything else feels so painful on my lungs! Luckily I have my 2nd post op appointment today so maybe they'll have some insight or remedies to help.
I just started massaging yesterday and I was surprised how much pressure I felt afterward. I don't know why that sensation shocked me, I think it has to do with my very easy recovery. For a while after I massaged it was hard for me to take a deep breath. It sounds like yours a worse than mine but I'm with ya girl. I've massaged twice since then and that pressure has lessened each time.
That's good to hear. Doc said it's just because the left one is still so tender so he said to wait a few more days before massaging and that my breathing should be back to normal in a day or two. My good news was that I don't hVe to wear my compression bra strap anymore! :D
Woo! No compression strap! I never had to wear one but I hear they're terrible!

Day 13- suggestions on scar cream?

I took the girls out on the town for the first time 2 days ago! Love up how they look in a low cut shirt-I have cleavage!! I'm only massaging once at night because I still wake up with what feels like a bruised sternum on the inner part of my left breast. It really hurts every morning but I want to do whatever I can to prevent the tissue from hardening. No pain no gain right? I'm supposed to start using scar cream in a few days. Any suggestions on what kind I should get?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Yay! You look great! I've heard so many good things about silicone strips so since he wants the massage action of a gel/cream, I got silicone gel and I massage it in twice a week. I've been doing it for 2 weeks now and I can feel a dramatic difference in the thickness of the scar behind the incision. I don't see much difference yet but at this point I think it's more about breaking up the scar tissue behind anyway.
Awesome thanks!

2 week mark blues

Hey all. I'm two weeks in and am starting to feel like this pain will never end. I keep having to take pain meds every six hours and the second they run out I start really hurting. I'm also having trouble sleeping which is making things worse! It doesn't help that my back has been killing me and I can still only sleep on my back. So excited to sleep on my side again! Anyway, just ranting. I'm sure it will start getting better soon.
Sorry to hear you are still in so much pain! You have such a positive attitude about it though. Hope you feel better soon!
Sorry to hear that. Have you spoken to your doctor about the amount of pain? I'm thinking about ya!
I haven't talked to my Doctor and I won't see him again for a month, but I think (fingers crossed) it's starting to get better! I've felt less of a need to med up after six hours and I have a lot more energy. Thanks for checking in. :)

Day 16- numbness

I have a lot of numbness in my left
Breast still. Wondering if anyone else experienced this. Is it common? Temporary? Permanent? I'd say about 70% is numb and the nipple is extremely sensitive (not in a good way). Thankfully righty is doing well, but I'd really like if I could have sensation in both. :(
I took some updated pics. I think they are starting to look quite natural. They have dropped down a bit more but I'm not sure if the "fluff" has happened yet. My pain level has seemed to have gone down significantly over the past two days, so I've just been taking Tylenol. And I've been much more comfortable sleeping on my side so that has helped tremendously!

2 week pics

I've heard the numbness can last up to 2 years. I'm pretty numb on both breasts, but at least the sandpaper feeling is gone and my nipples aren't sensitive to the tiniest amount of pressure anymore!!
Man that is a bummer! But I suppose it could be worse. Happy your nipples aren't as sensitive anymore, It is not very fun.
Here's to nerve regeneration within 6 months for us young healthy women! ;)
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

I feel very lucky to have found Dr. Salemy. He is incredibly talented and made me feel so comfortable from the very beginning. He completely understood what look I wanted and didn't try to up sell or pressure me at all. The whole team he works with is very calming and made me feel so comforted. I had never had surgery before this and I can't imagine a better experience! He even gave me a phone call from his cell phone a few hours after my surgery to check in on me! I am two days post op and couldn't be happier with my results. Thank you Dr. Salemy!