In love with my new girls!- Seattle, WA

I have spent hours on here reading all of you...

I have spent hours on here reading all of you lovely ladies spill your guts, and now it's my turn! I am 27 years old, 5'2 and 110lbs at my heaviest. I have three kiddos, 7, 6, and 3, all were breastfed. I have never been happy with my breasts, but oh.man. those babies did not help anything. I finally went in for my consultation today with Dr. Foley and I am so excited! I was totally anxious before going in, I think mostly that he would tell me something that would just crush my dreams, but everything he said was amazing! All of the little things I was worried about seem to not even be problems. I was fortunate to get to schedule my surgery in just two weeks... so soon! I have a physical with him on Monday, so I need to come up with my list of questions I was too excited to remember today :) I am going pretty conservative, I'm a small A now and am debating between 225cc and 250 (mentor gel under the muscle). I want it to be discrete, and since I always have padded bras I think I can pull it off at that size :) Surgery is scheduled for July 10th! Whats your best advice?!

You'll lose 30-50cc under the muscle so go with the bigger size of what you like. Also, do the rice test so you can see if its big enough/too big. Good luck!!!!

Thank you for starting your journey on RealSelf! I'm happy to hear it's your turn to share! ;)  Here is a list of question to ask during your appointment. Also, to help you prepare for your recovery, here is a link to some items you may want to purchase and set up for your recovery. Let us know how your appointment goes!

Good luck with your decision. Keep in mind...my ps said that 80% of girls end up wishing they would've gone bigger. So I think a little more wont be so obvious. Let us know what you decide on.

9 days to go... Pictures!!!

I had my physical/last appointment before surgery today. The office visit was pretty rushed, which I was a little bummed about, but the front desk gal is super friendly and told me to call anytime, even if it was just to get her opinion on something. I (for now) decided on the 250's... you knew I would, right!? I am feeling really anxious, worried about after surgery and not being able to be a great mom for my kiddos. And super worried about not being able to sleep. I think more than anything else, I am so stressed about my husbands family noticing right off the bat and being judgy and isolating. They are a big group and already I don't quite fit it (I am the only one who ever wears makeup, does my hair, dresses up, etc). Ahhhh, so dumb that I even have to worry about what other people are going to think! Anyone have experience with others disapproval? What do you say if someone asks you if you got them done? I don't want to flat out lie, but seriously if I'm not throwing them in anyones faces it's none of their business. Any idea's on good answers?

Good luck!! My surgery is July 11th!! Yay!! Nine days for me!!
Yay!! How are you feeling? I will feel super excited and sure and then all of a sudden the reality will hit me and I have like a mini panic attack! I can't imagine what I am going to be like in a few days, seriously don't know if my heart can handle the ups and downs for another week!
About the same here! One minute I am really sure about my PS and sizes we discussed and the next I am wondering if i should do another consult and maybe get more cc's ?? Driving myself nuts!! Pre op is tomorrow!!

Did some shopping today...

Shopping for post surgery with three grumpy kids today... not so good of an idea. I did find what I needed to, a front closing supportive bra from walmart (7.88, much better than the 32.50 for the one from the office!), arnica Montana (is this what you used?), and some odds and ends. At this point I am super excited, but am exhausting myself by thinking too much. I am sort of feeling like I made the decisions I needed to make, and now I just wish I could shut down that area of my thinking until surgery date is here. I have been wearing my rice sizers inside my bra for two days and so far so good! I don't want to take them out! Probably a good thing...
I am realizing that no matter how much I try to prepare myself for recovery and to not have any expectations for myself, I am still somehow convinced I am going to have this easy breezy recovery, which I realize is totally not necessarily likely. Not sure why I can't shake that. I don't want to set myself up to be disappointed or discouraged afterwards. I am a little afraid of having an emotional breakdown after everything is said and done... or maybe I'll get it out of the way before surgery day is even here! ha!

4 days to go for you!! Yay!! How are you?
Oh man, I am so ready!

less than 2 days till surgery!!

Wondering if anyone has some advice/suggestions for healthy snacks/food to have around the house for after BA. Besides fruit and raw veggies, I can't decide! What was your favorite thing to eat in the first few recovery days? Less than 2 days now!! Wednesday at 9:45 can't come soon enough :)

Good luck tomorrow! We both are scheduled for the same day! Are you nervous/excited? I'm getting a little more nervous as the day goes on, but I'm excited too.
I am super nervous for waking up. And going under. Shoot, yeah, I'm nervous. Just want it all to be over and skip to the good stuff :) Good luck tomorrow!!
So excited for you, you will be on my prayers. From what I've heard, some snacks you can have may be, jello, pudding, all types of nuts, trail mix, protein bars, banana chips, and cranberries. Hope these ideas can help :)

12 hours!! Shoot, I am seriously nervous!

Surgery is tomorrow at 9:45am, just talked to the anesthesiologist, not sure if it made me feel better or worse. I am so worried about the going under/coming back and being nauseous after. And a little nervous about the anxiety kicking it up after all is said and done. Nervous to see them and think "What the heck did I just do!?". Well, wish me luck! Best of it to you gals whose turns are the next few days as well! I'll be back tomorrow!

Good luck! All will be well, and you will be a happy girlie with fancy new bras :)
JuJu. It was a lot of worry for nothing wasn't it? I bet when you woke up you thought, wow that was a big nothing to fret over!! Recovery wasn't even that bad!! Day 3 will be the worst. Take your meds and rest rest rest!! Take advantage of your helper. Get babied and when you feel like it, do only what you feel you can. You will tire quickly but try to get out as soon as youre up to it but don't overdo. You will feel great in no time!! Too soon really. Lol no more pampering and pillow fluffing
Prayers your way. Keep us posted when youre up to it.

I didn't die!!

Ha, okay, I was only a little afraid of dying before today, but this morning I was feeling a little bit like I should have written down life instructions for my family. Turns out I didn't, so we are all good. The good news is that everything went totally smooth, got myself some 260cc silicone implants under the muscle with a nipple incision. My mom and my sister were with me, which I am so thankful for, as much as I would have liked my husband to have been there, I think they were able to offer the exact support I needed. So my day went like this. I couldn't sleep past 6 of course!) so I was able to get some last minute stuff done, making beds and folding last nights load of laundry, running dishwasher etc. Took a HOT shower and scrubbed every inch with loads of antibacterial soap. Got my kids to there various locations, and then headed in. My appointment was for 9:45, but they were running a little late, so I think I ended up going into surgery maybe like 10:20? I was super nervous about getting put under, didn't want to wake up confused and unstable. I don't remember going under, even though I asked over and over again "you'll let me know when I should start to feel sleepy, right?" I'm sure she did, but I cant remember anything after they started the IV and put on my compression boots. When I woke up, I was definitely emotional, and FREEZING!! I'm not going to lie, the pain/pressure is worse than I had expected. I couldn't get a full breath in which made me feel so claustrophobic. Super tired, and I really couldn't move hardly at all. Got me home, set up on the couch, and I've taken two cat naps, which seem to help a lot. My sister is being wonderful about bringing me anything I need, and I feel like I am constantly eating when awake. crackers, grapes and tapioca pudding are feeling wonderful! I still am hurting and having a hard time moving for basic things, although I did just go to the bathroom without any assistance. Got ice packs on the girls, can't get a great look at them yet, but they are not nearly as high as I was expecting, which is a huge relief. Praying Praying Praying that the rest of the recovery goes better. I had high hopes for the easy breezy recovery some of you gals have had, but I guess it didn't happen :) I forgot to mention, my PS did use that funnel thing, which I am so happy about! Love that there were not hands inside of me or on my implants. I'll touch base again soon, much love to all of you, and thanks for the encouraging words today :)

glad you are doing well, and the surgery went by just fine for you = ) Cant wait to see pics! get some good rest.
So lad everything is going well! Keep us updated I've been thinking about you!
*glad ... Oops

Pictures day of surgery

Looking good! I go in at 9 in the morning!!

12 hours post op, feeling much better

I am feeling so much better! The pressure is still there, and it is a little painful to get up and down. I am trying to remember to sit up slowly, and to sit down before I lay all the way down. My range of motion is pretty good though, better than I was expecting. I can go up and down the stairs no problem, which is nice since I won't have to be waking my husband up every hour to switch out ice packs. It looks like for now I will continue to only be able to sleep in about 30-45 min increments, which is okay because I wake up each time feeling good, and am able to keep up on my fluids. Good appetite today, I ate crackers right after I got home (which didn't really help me out, because my mouth was SO dry for a few hours after surgery), and tapioca pudding, which my mom had to spoon feed to me :) then smoked almonds, craisins, grapes, and a instant breakfast/banana/peanut butter smoothie with some protein powder in it. I also had some cranberry and sprite, with a dose of miralax in it. Keeping up on my pain meds, I think tomorrow I will switch to half pills, since it seems like several people have quicker recoverys if they can keep the narcotics to a minimum.
I am so excited to take a shower tomorrow evening, and to start to watch for the changes in my new breasts. They are of course hard and sitting high, but not as bad as I had prepared myself for. Hard to tell what size they will be, but I think I will be happy with them. I must admit though, that first 1-2 hours after surgery were so much harder than I was expecting. I thought I would have a few hours to get settled before dealing with pain, but it hit me right away. I had asked the doctor if it would be hard to breathe afterwards (didn't want to wake up and feel claustrophobic) and he said no, it will just feel like an elephant is stepping on your chest. Well, that is exactly what it felt like, and as one would imagine, made it super hard to breathe deep, which I needed to do in order to get the sleepy gasses out of my system. I live 30-40 min from the office, so they were really trying to get me out of there as quickly as possible so that I could hurry up and get settled in at home. I am glad, since I pretty much crashed as soon as I got home and woke up feeling a bit better, but it was pretty confusing to be leaving so quickly. I can barely remember the nurse helping me get dressed, except for the shivering (Shivering hurts!). Happy now, feeling good, feeling accomplished and trying to enjoy my down time. I have given myself a goal to not do any chores, as badly as I may want to. I don't think my husband was expecting me to be going upstairs tonight, because when I just did, it took all of me to not do dishes and pick up todays messes. I think I am about due for medicine and another cat nap :)

Good luck! Bring a blanket as well as a pillow, I was freezing afterwards! Also, I suggest bringing a pudding cup or yogurt for afterwards. I brought crackers for the ride home, but my mouth was so dry I really think having something (like the tapioca pudding I ate as soon as I got home that made me feel so much better!) is a better idea! Prayers going out to you tonight! You'll do great and I'll be watching for your updates :)
Thanks Dolley!
Can't wait for the fancy bras!

Question for you gals

Did you/are you keeping an ice pack on at all times for the first day? I am going through my veggies like crazy! Wondering if I should leave them off for a while or if that will make them swell up... and I keep getting cold.

So I'm 19 hours post op right now, and let me tell you, my right boob is for sure the one that's tighter. I feel okay, but the sides on my boobs and near my underarms are still really uncomfortable. I may try splitting my pain pill in half though, like you did. Maybe it would help be able to stay awake for more than 5 minutes lol. I also can't wait to get this dang gauze and pink think off, which should be today at my post op visit. I'm glad you are doing good juju! Your pics look really good, and looks like the right size for you.
did you get incision in armpit? I took out most of my gauze, only one side had a little dried blood around the incision on my areola, so I left 2 pieces on that side. I wonder if I should put them back in? I hope you keep feeling better! So far mine are equally sore:) Did you/are you taking arnica Montana for the bruising and swelling? And you have muscle relaxers?
I got the crease incision actually, but mine were way bigger than what I expected to get lol. I don't mind that though. I am taking muscle relaxers, but I don't have any arnica gel. Where could I get some? As far as the gauze goes, my ps just said to leave everything on until I see him next ( which is today)

Day 1 post surgery

Today has had it's ups and downs. I woke up feeling wonderful, even though I only slept in small increments. I even got up, did some dishes and picked up a little bit. I got dressed and went on a quick trip to Walmart, and by the time I got home I was EXHAUSTED! and so sore. Took a nap, but somehow I must have scooted down in my sleep to where I was almost flat on my back, and woke up with the bag of peas I had gone to sleep with feeling like a load of bricks on my chest. Took a little while to recover from that, but I've felt okay since then. Took several naps today, and just took a shower which was wonderful. My girls are super high, I almost just don't want to look at them until they drop, because I just start to worry. My husband sure likes them already, though! The whole thing feels a bit like a dream, I keep waking up and then thinking maybe I dreamt the whole thing! But overall I feel good, a little groggy from the medications but I am happy, and excited for when I can go through my closet to see how my clothes look with my new accessories :) Wondering about the arnica gel, the receptionist at the ps office told me that I didn't need to use it yet, did any of you use it before? I want to do everything I can to help speed up the dropping and fluffing!

Day 3 update- Feeling a little down today

Anyone else experiencing a little post-operative depression? I just feel down! Don't know if its the medication or maybe just from laying low for three days. I am feeling pretty good today, first day without constant help. My sister left this morning, and then a neighbor came by to watch my three year old while I showered and took a little nap. My sweet dad (who just discovered yesterday that I had gotten surgery) came by with flowers for me too. No reason to be sad, but I am. Thankfully it's Friday, so I can get my hubs to get me out of the house tomorrow. I am having a hard time getting excited about the new boobs, hopefully it is just a little stage I am going through. Maybe trying on some clothes tonight will help me out, what do you think?

You look great, so happy for you!
Hey JuJu, I too have had a hard time getting excited about my new boobs. I think it's just because I'm focused on recovery and my sides and underarms have become extremely sore today. Hang it there! You are not in it alone :)
I agree with you Dolley. I am excited about my boobs but at the same time I'm like "I hope the pain is worth it" the last 8 hours for me has been pretty painful. I had to take half a pain pill and a muscle relaxer ( which I hadn't took those since Thursday ) I think the feeling is coming back in my boobs and that's why it hurts so bad. My nipples are really sensitive! Anyway I hope you ladies are feeling better. We need to just keep telling ourselves that all this is worth it! I can't wait to flaunt them! Lol

Meet the girls

Hey gals! I originally didn't like the idea of posting bare boobs on here, but I think I'm going to anyways! Hopefully I won't regret it! Everything is going okay, but SUPER bloated! I had to go to a family bbq for the kids camp my kids went to this last week, and I had to try on several shirts not because of the new boobs, but because of the bloated belly! 5 rounds of miralax over the past few days didn't seem to help me out at all, but I drank a couple glasses of prune juice (mixed with apple juice) and that did the trick! Hoping the bloating with subside now. I have tons of pressure still on my chest, and still taking the pain meds and the muscle relaxer. What do you gals use when you are weaning off the pain meds? I had bought extra strength Tylenol, but when I picked up my Percocet at the pharmacy the guy told me to not take any Tylenol while on them or I could risk damaging my organs... I know I could just call my ps to ask, but I figured someone here would know. I have my post op on Tuesday, can't wait to see what he says. I think they are getting a little softer, but it's hard to tell. Still keeping ice on them when I am just laying around.

You look beautiful! I hope you are having a pleasant and happy recovery.
Thanks!
Thanks gals, I am feeling better today. I think I need to go shopping for some cute tanks, that should help :)

Oh my gosh, they are squeaking!!! Help!

Today my righty started squeaking. Like, everytime I move my arm it sounds like a balloons rubbing against eachother. My left doesn't do it. Please tell me this is normal and that it doesn't last forever. I have a post op tomorrow afternoon, but I seriously can't focus on anything because it is driving me crazy! Help!

okay...

that was probably a little over dramatic, I doubt anyone else could hear it, but still...

Congratulations!... I too had the fear of dying! Thank you Jesus we made it through safely. What a blessing! We are now officially in boobie land girl!! Yay!
Amen! Seriously, its a much better life here on the other side, huh? :)
Oh yes!!!

5 days post op!

New pictures! A little dark, but making progress!

I just read your whole story and we're definitely very alike in our history (kids, breastfeeding), worries and wishes for sizing! Are you happy with the 260's? You look fantastic!! Like I said in my response to you on my page, I haven't booked anything yet, but mentally I think I'm getting closer. I'm nervous for so many reasons: post-op down time, exercise restrictions, SURGERY (both kids both au naturale with midwives), and I know it really shouldn't matter, but I'm very worried about what family will say if they notice... I haven't told anyone but my husband and best friend. My family on both sides are very judgey. Anyway, I'm happy for you and hope the pain gets better. What was the verdict on the squeaking sound?
I have my pre-op in just a few hours, so I'll ask about the squeaking, but after I calmed down and rested with some ice and half a muscle relaxer I was able to forget all about it. I think what probably happened is I could FEEL something rubbing and it felt squeaky... I know sounds like I'm nuts but I think it might have been a moment of temporary crazy. How old are your kids? My youngest is 3, and for recovery I had my sister here until the morning of day 2 (my surgery was on Wednesday, she stayed until Friday morning). Friday I had a friend come by for 2 hours when it was time for me to take my meds so I could shower and catch a quick nap while she hung out with my little guy. My other two were at a bible camp, and my parents picked them up for me since I still couldn't drive. So I would say 3 days and then you should be fine as far as down time. We were out both days this weekend and I just took a little time when we got home to ice and was fine. I think reading through these reviews I fall right about in the middle as far as recovery ease. I am super happy with my 260's. Totally confident that no one will really notice in my shirts since I always wore a padded bra. And I couldn't really wear low cut before, because of the gap between my bra and my boobs! So now I can wear low cut, and it just looks like I went out and got myself a fancy miracle bra to anyone who knows that I didn't have cleavage before. And my super conservative in-laws, I wouldn't dare wear a bikini around anyways!

Post op appointment day 6

Just had my post op appointment, doc said they look amazing! I'm in the clear for wearing (or not wearing) whatever bra I want, and swimming! It's amazing how easy this whole process was. I'm super happy with my ps, and love that he gave me excellent results with no measuring, no marking up my boobs with a marker, and no post op strapping (that looks painful!). No massaging or exercises, he said with my being pretty active and having them under the muscle, general movement does exactly the same as massaging them. Makes sense. Super happy with the size and placement, glad I can enjoy them through the whole process of dropping and fluffing. Next post-op is is one month. Feeling pretty blessed and fortunate today :) Hope everyone else is as well!

oops!

oops, forgot to add that the squeakiness is gone, ps said not to worry about it, and if it happens again, turn on some music :)

love your results! looking perfect on you :)
Thanks so much! I just checked out your review, you look great as well!
Thanks girl! I got moderate profile since I wanted a natural look :) I felt so lucky to have a smooth recovery so far since I was so nervous and scared before the surgery!

quick tip!

I was just glancing over my posts and I can't believe I failed to mention this! I was super worried about the back sleeping thing (I love to sleep on my stomach with my face buried in a pillow), and a girlfriend told me when I'm able to sleep on my side, I could put a pillow under my breasts (I just bunched up the blanket) and a pair of rolled up socks inside my compression bra, between the girls to support the top one. Worked AMAZING and I've been sleeping at least partially on my side my whole recovery. I even stuffed an ice pack in a sock and stuffed it in-between one night and that was heavenly.
Besides that, my incisions are starting to hurt and itch. Any advice on that one?

You look great!!! Also wanted to comment that I still have that squeaky balloon sound occasionally (yesterday for instance) in one of my breasts and I'm 3 weeks post-op. Dr.'s office said it's normal and will eventually go away... I hope so! LOL
Looking lovely over there. Great boobies!!!!
Great Results! Congrats!! If your incisions are hurting try not to wear a bra or anything that runs on it. You PS said you can wear an underwire already!? I'm not allowed till 6weeks. I've been living in these dang cami bras for the past 5 weeks Lol. And swimming too? I would wait till your scars are fully healed to be on the safe side, but it's up to you. ;)

One week post-op

I keep feeling like I need to update, but there is not much to say! I'm feeling great, even mowed the whole lawn the other day! I didn't even think about it until I was over halfway done! It's amazing, I keep doing the math because it seems like so much longer ago than two weeks that I got the surgery! Everything feels different, but still mine, you know? I am super happy, excited to see them change over the next few weeks/months. I would like to take some new pics, but am waiting because I'm supposed to try to leave my tapes on until 4 weeks, but they have gotten various colors stuck in them from my shirts, so they just look kind of funky :) But I will try to get some up soon. Everything seems to be even and symmetrical, which is wonderful. I expected them to drop separately like so many others, but hopefully they will stick together. Still have random things I can't do, like closing umbrellas, or occasionally there will be a jar I can't open. I have been living in ribbed tanks with no bra... okay, only when I'm home, which isn't that often, but I really wish I could live in them :) Hope you lovelies are doing wonderful!!

You look fantastic!!! Did you go with silicone gel and what size? They suit you perfectly! Isn't it nice to be done with the choosing of the size? I trusted my PS and I think he chose exactly what worked for me. Did you ever get a good line or idea to use when people ask you flat out about ha ing your breasts done? I am still nervous about that as well. I wish you continued healing!!
Thankyou! Yes silicone gel under muscle dual plane placement 325cc!:) I haven't thought of what to say when someone asks! No one has asked! Lol it was soo nice to forget about worrying about the size which size to get just left it up to my PS an felt so good! Thanks im healing great!:)
Oops wrong person! Sorry haha

19 days of boobs!

I need to buy a swimsuit. Of course none of my previous ones fit (you know, because of the padding and wires... even in my swimsuits!), but I realized quickly that I have no idea what a nice fitting, breast flattering bikini top should feel like! I know, weird and a little embarrassing, but I just can't tell whether they are too big, too small, or just right. I didn't make it to very many places, so I'm hoping to make it to Target to get a simple triangle top. I don't think the victorias secret nearby carries swimwear, and I don't want to order online without knowing for sure what size will fit best. I guess I need to bring someone with me next time to educate me :) Still doing and feeling great, no pain at all except occasionally on my right side incisions, just when something hits them or rubs too hard. I am loving the way my clothes fit now, love getting dressed every day knowing I am going to fill out my shirt/dress! What a difference that makes! I will try to get some photos up soon. XOXO

How are you doing JujuBeans? Would love an update!! :-)
hi post more update pictures. i'm 5'2" and 116 and i thought 350-375cc's would be small but it seem like less also looks good.
Loving your look so much!!! 260 worked perfectly for you. I crave the day when I can wear just a ribbed tank and feel great. I wear them now and look like a pancake with a blueberry on top. Ha! :-) Would love to see an updated pic. Thanks for sharing!
Olympia Plastic Surgeon