Botox for Axillary Hyperhidrosis - Seattle, WA

I have suffered from Axillary Hyperhidrosis aka:...

I have suffered from Axillary Hyperhidrosis aka: "sweaty pits" most of my adult life. I heard that Dr. S offered a treatment for my condition. The treatment was simply injecting Botox to my armpits. At first I was very skeptical, but when I weighed the pros and the cons I decided to give it a try.

All I can say is that it was the BEST decision I could have made. Now my days aren't spent worrying about anyone noticing my problem, but I can focus on the more important things in my life. For those of you that are suffering from this problem - all I can say is what are you waiting for? You will not regret it! Sincerely, The Very Happy New Me :) az

I'm glad it worked for you. I have had two treatments (each time with 50 units in each underarm) and have yet to see results. Although not covered by my insurance, I think my next treatment will have to be Miradry.

Wow, that is interesting to hear Nicole as it seems to work well for many people. What did your doctor say were possible reasons for that?

Hi Megan. I was told that I may have some antibiodies (both doctors asked if I have ever had cosmetic botox, which I haven't) that make the Botox ineffective. I scheduled a surgery to do the Sympathectomy, but the possible side effects (drooping of the eye, loss of sensation, partial facial paralysis) are a bit frightening, so I have put that on hold in hopes of finding a safer procedure.
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

I highly recommend Dr. S She takes the time needed for each of her patients no matter how significant the concern. Dr. S is very thorough, patient and makes you feel as if you are the only one that matters. She is fabulous!