Botox for Axillary Hyperhidrosis - Seattle, WA

I have suffered from Axillary Hyperhidrosis aka:...

I have suffered from Axillary Hyperhidrosis aka: "sweaty pits" most of my adult life. I heard that Dr. S offered a treatment for my condition. The treatment was simply injecting Botox to my armpits. At first I was very skeptical, but when I weighed the pros and the cons I decided to give it a try.

All I can say is that it was the BEST decision I could have made. Now my days aren't spent worrying about anyone noticing my problem, but I can focus on the more important things in my life. For those of you that are suffering from this problem - all I can say is what are you waiting for? You will not regret it! Sincerely, The Very Happy New Me :) az

Seattle Plastic Surgeon

I highly recommend Dr. S She takes the time needed for each of her patients no matter how significant the concern. Dr. S is very thorough, patient and makes you feel as if you are the only one that matters. She is fabulous!

I'm glad it worked for you. I have had two treatments (each time with 50 units in each underarm) and have yet to see results. Although not covered by my insurance, I think my next treatment will have to be Miradry.

Wow, that is interesting to hear Nicole as it seems to work well for many people. What did your doctor say were possible reasons for that?

Hi Megan. I was told that I may have some antibiodies (both doctors asked if I have ever had cosmetic botox, which I haven't) that make the Botox ineffective. I scheduled a surgery to do the Sympathectomy, but the possible side effects (drooping of the eye, loss of sensation, partial facial paralysis) are a bit frightening, so I have put that on hold in hopes of finding a safer procedure.

Did you ever have Botulism? That would probably explain the antibodies.

I'm not too familiar with the Sympathectomy surgery, but its good that you researched the possible side effects and decided it wasn't for you. Hopefully you find something that works well for you. :)

I'm considering this, so I was glad to find a review thanks. Helps me lean more towards getting it done.

Hi Az,

Welcome to the Botox community! We don't get many reviews about using Botox for sweating so I am glad it worked well for you and you posted a review. Did you have any pain from the procedure? I would think it might hurt. Does the Botox wear off the same amount of time as it does on your forehead? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt