My rhinoplasty is schedule for June 26, 2014. Dr...

My rhinoplasty is schedule for June 26, 2014. Dr.Portuese in Seattle will be performing it. So very nervous, but excited to do something that I've wanted to do my whole life. So far his staff seems very welcoming and my surgeons expertise has been very comforting. Although I do have many fears- my biggest fear is that it won't look good. I'm also nervous about the bruising afterwards and the cast. I just want a nose that will fit my face better, and let my other features shine! I know this sounds crazy but I have never felt feminine because of my nose. I'm a very girly person, but I even feel out of place at makeup stores or fancy places because I feel frumpy with my nose

Well, you don't look frumpy at all, but I hope you feel more confident going into make up stores and other venues after this is done. Thanks for starting your story with us here on RealSelf.
Thanks for sharing with us! Good luck and I look forward to your updates and more pics! Wishing you a fast and easy recovery!
Good luck!!!! I wish you to get the nose of your dreams !!!!!Mine is scheduled at the end of June too :))

4 days until surgery!

So the past week has been an emotional rollercoaster. I paid for my surgery, and had my pre-op appointment via phone. I did not like the nurse that I spoke with. I felt very anxious and unsure about the operation a few days ago, I was on the verge of panicking. But today I'm feeling great and excited! I just want it to be this time next week ;) then I'll be all done with the surgery and well on my way to recovery.

Good luck with your surgery! I hope you get the nose you've always wanted!!
You don't sound crazy at all about not feeling girly. I am so girly inside but like you, alwayyyyys felt frumpy and masculine cause of my nose. Like I wasn't one of the girls. Let me tell u from the other side- instant gratification. For the first time I feel feminine. I love it. Such a blessing. I couldn't be happier! You will be happy too :) good luck
You are already beautiful, and I hope your surgery gives you the results you have always wanted. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Good luck!

2 more days!

Okay well surgery is 2 days away. I'm honestly only scared about the results... There's no garentee that it will look like how I want it to. I mean I did my research and chose a great surgeon, but of course things can go wrong! And also, paying $7,100 as a 20 year old college student is a painful price! But can you put a price on more confidence and happiness? I mean I am stuck with my nose everyday for the rest of my life, and if the surgery makes me feel significantly better than it is worth it. So far the only supplies that I have gotten for surgery are Q-tips, my prescriptions (I got an anti-naseua patch too because
My tummy is really sensitive and I will be in a car for 90 minutes on the way home) and one of those back rests.. I have heard of certain a herbs and supplements that can help speed up recovery but have decided against purchasing those.
I'm just getting really anxious to talk to my surgeon again so he can assure me that my results will look good, and that will ease my discomfort.

I'm also extremely anxious about the lengthy healing and swelling time. I don't want him to peel of my cast and for me to get depressed because I see a swollen lump on my face. I want to be able to feel pretty again shortly after my surgery.

I'm also really sad at the rejection I'm getting from my family because of my surgery. I won't be telling my father (I never see him anyways). And my sister got extremely offended (because
Me and her look the same so she thinks I'm calling her ugly). And my mom freaked out and was very against it (but yet she has had an eyebrow lift and a breast reduction/lift) so I find her to be completely hypocritical.

your nose looks more like after pics, but it's about ur thoughts.
Hmm the family thing is tricky. When I saw mine wasn't supportive I stopped talking about it to them and decided to just call them when it was over. On surgery day it also made me more ready to get it done just so I could call home n tell finally. You're a very pretty girl and your looks will be complimented from the surgery, don't worry about that as long as you like your surgeons work / pictures. Good luck! It is worth the cost, more confidence is even better than I hoped.

How come people are dissatisfied?

Okay so my surgery is tomorrow, and I've been doing a lot of research and how come some people seem dissatisfied and others are in love with it right away? I know that rhinoplasty is an emotional experience and I'm dreading the emotional rollercoaster! I just want to do it,
Love it, and never second guess it! Any advice? Or share your story with me! Thanks :)

Yeah, I'm definitely doing it for me and to make me feel better. I've always not felt beautiful from it and been self concious. Also all the women in my family have huge noses that grow and become bulbous as they age.. We are Jewish.. And I really don't want that to be me
Also, I'm CONSTANTLY being told that I have "resting bitch face syndrome" and that I always look "mad" or "sad" and I truly think that it's from my nose! Because when I do the ap that alters photos I no longer look mad or sad or mean when I change it

My nose sucks.

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do great! I have a consultation with Dr Portuese next month and I'm really excited to meet him.
Awesome! You will have to keep me posted. He seems like and excellent choice because he is so specialized, well certified and experienced. When talking to him, he is very knowledgable and very realistic. He is also very frank with you about what to expect and what will happen. His staff will also sit with you, and take your pictures. Done be afraid to flood everyone with questions.
You were very smart to pick a surgeon who does closed rhinos :) You will do great and I am sure you will love your results-- I love mine. Take the naysayers with a grain of salt as there will always be people who are unhappy (with anything in life). As the saying goes for those who are unhappy or tell their stories, "there are three sides to every story, his, hers and the truth" Best of luck :)

About to Leave!

Leaving in about 20 minutes to head up to Seattle for my rhinoplasty. I've been extremely anxious the past few days, and am more anxious now more than ever. I just wish I could know what my results will be! Plus now I'm 3 hours from home, away from my boyfriend and friends... at my moms house. Which sucks because she can be really negative and unsupportive. I will be getting my cast removed on Wednesday, July 2! And returning to work on July 5 (my job is really easy, I can literally take naps and lay down while I am there). I'm prone to depression so I am hoping that I don't get affected by the post-surgery depression that seems common. But while back in my hometown I will try to spend a lot of time with my old best friend, who is great at cheering me up and keeping my mind off of things! Well anyways, hopefully the next time I am writing I will have the pretty, feminine nose I have always wanted :)

Good luck to you!! Avoid the negative mom as much as u can. I have one of those... Yes to the friend and PS. Can I have your job? Naps and laying down :)
Thanks love! My mom got very mad when I said I didn't want her in the room when I was talking to my PS right before surgery because I had Many questions and was wanting him to go in detail about the surgery and I didn't want her negative energy in the room. But I made it home!

Made it home!

Made it home from surgery. I'm alive. I'll post my story once my headache goes away.

Glad you made it out! Happy recovery! :)

My Surgery Story

Hi all! So I am about 5 hours post-op right now and feeling well enough to share my story.
So I checked into the surgery center at about 10:45 AM. Lots of paperwork to sign! Dr. Portuese honestly has the nicest staff ever.
Then we walked into the surgery area and I met with one of the nurses. She took a pregnancy test and made me put this spray up my nose to help prevent bleeding. Then Dr. Portuese came into the room. We re-examined my nose and discussed the changes that would be occurring. Shaving down the hump, deprojecting my nose about 3 mm, refining the tip so it wasn't so bulbous, and taking my my nostrils about 1-2 mm. All of this with a closed rhinoplasty. I told him my fears (looking "pinched", uneven nostrils, too turned-up) and he put my fears to rest and promised me that it will look good. He did say there is a 10% chance that in 6 months there will be slight changes that he will need to make, but that he does those for free (minus the $100 anesthesia fee). I think that's pretty cool. Most doctors don't do that.
Then the anesthesiologist came in and discussed more of the surgery with me. This is my 6th surgery so I honestly was not scared for the actual surgery, but he gave me helpful information. I also requested that the IV go in my arm instead of my hand (hand IV's creep me out!). Then we went into the surgery room and they laid me down. A sweet nurse help my hand, and he gave me a somewhat painless shot of numbing stuff. Then he put in the IV and I DID NOT FEEL ANYTHING AT ALL! except I forgot to unclench my first and blood was splattering everywhere, gushing out. But all of that got taken care of. Then they gave me an oxygen mask. Then they gave me medicine to make me feel drunk. Then a few minutes later the anesthesia. I fell asleep instantly. Next thing I knew I was waking up and my nose was on fire!! It had a really bad burning sensation and mt mouth was sooooooo dry. The nurse gave me apple juice and crackers (that were impossible to get down) and a pain pill. It didnt help. My pain was an 8.5/10. She gave me another pill and pain meds through the IV. We talked for a while and I saw my PS walk by so I called him over. He told me everything went great and that I have a cute nose now! He assure me it looks good and that I will love it. I can already tell that the hump is gone! After that, they wheeled me to my moms car and I slept the whole 80 minutes home, not a problem. I had the nausea patch so I haven't felt sick to my stomach at all! :) (I'm normally very sensitive to surgery and normally puke) I had a burning headache when I got home, and so I took a 1 hour nap. Feeling better now! I'm bleeding a lot, my face is sore, swollen and bruised, and my mouth is too dry. But I can smile and swallow well enough! my swelling is uneven at the moment making my nose look crooked and nostrils different sizes... but I'm sure it will go away. My vision is still blurry and all I want is a sower! haha! But other than that I'm really pleased with my recovery and procedure so far and I am happy I chose Portuese, he is truly an expert.

Happy for you!! You made it! I also had my iv in My arm instead of hand much better. Congrats and happy healing!
I got the idea to ask for it in my arm from you :) much better!

Black and blue- beat me til I'm numb

"Tell the devil I said hey when you get back to where you're from!" Haha sorry have hat song stuck in my head... But really though! Check out these shiners! About to head to bed and not excited to look in the mirrior tomorrow!

Yay! I'm so glad it helped you :) makes the blogging so worth it :)
Yeah! I didn't know when he put the IV in because I couldn't feel it, so I kept my hand in a fist (which your not supposed to do). And blood started gushing everywhere... The floor, the table, down my entire arm... And he couldn't figure out why until he saw my hand was clenched super tight!! Haha

Day 2 and I'm feeling great!

Onto day 2! Feeling wonderful! Can eat, but can't taste or smell at all!! I got behind in my pain meds, and so I had a lot if pain earlier today. But now my pain is back to 0 out of 10! I'm just really sore if I touch my face. My plastic surgeon called this morning to see how I was doing :) he told me not to worry about the crookedness. My best friend has been coming over everyday and making me feel good. I've been able to do homework today too! I can only sleep for 1 or 2 hours at a time though :( and I've been sleeping sitting up. Bleeding has stopped today for the most part!

Congrats you made !!!! It looks so good already!!! Keep positivity around you it helps you heel faster:*
Thank you! I'm very impressed with my healing so far! :) praying that things keep going this smooth!
It's because the new moon- less water retention in the body = less swealing, fast heeling :) happy for you !!! It takes a lot of guts to go trough any surgery/ recovery !!!

End of day 2

Could barely sleep last night, woke up in pain this morning, took my pain pills and then felt wonderful! I was doing home work, watching tv, and hung out with one of my girlfriends at my house! At first the swelling was way down. And I was able to eat today, but couldn't taste anything. But now I feel yucky and the swelling has moved in more, into the center of my eyes/ upper bridge of my nose. This is making it really hard for me to see. I do feel like my nose is getting less clogged though! And I haven't pooped in 3 days despite the ample stool softeners I've eaten. I've been happy and in good spirits this whole recovery and have been loving my nose so far! Just excited for the swelling to go down! I think I might be losing weight with this surgery. It's funny, the bruise from my IV hurts more than my face right now haha.

Looking great! The swelling will go down. Day three and four were by far the worst for swelling. You'll turn a corner soon. :)
Phew, your latest photos look painful. I hope you're feeling better soon. I'll be looking forward to seeing your results. Good luck. It Will get better. Been there.

Day 3. This is bloody hell

Day 3. I'm miserable. I hit my nose while I was sleeping and it hurt! And my swelling is so bad that I can not see! I'm so sick of this conjestion! And I'm almost out of pain pills. I'll have to call on Monday and ask for more :( well I'm going to go make a pineapple smoothie and ice my face. I was going to try to attempt to shower today but I changed my mind when I woke up and couldn't see

Wow, pics look brutal. But as everyone else says, you should turn the corner of feeling better after day 4. I tapped or hit my nose 3 times in the first week. Just involuntary smacking myself in my sleep with my hand. The last time (night after cast removal) it hurt so bad it scared me. That night at 2am, I literally started strapping my wrist to my waist so I can't reach my face in my sleep. Been doing it for a couple weeks and will continue for couple more.

Day 3- I'm feeling better!

Okay so a few hours ago I was in hell and completely miserable! Well I filled up some ice packs and put them on my eyes for an hour and I can see again! I was even able to fall asleep while icing my eyes :) and when I woke up I decided to brave it and take a shower. I even washed my hair all by myself!! I feel so so so much better! Thanks for all the nice words :)

Looking forward to see the results !! It looks great so far!
I used to fall asleep icing too! It was refreshing. You're doing great! Can't wait to see the results :)
I had really horrific bruising and swelling too where I couldn't see out of my eyes for a couple days. It's amazing how quickly it resolves though, most of that will be gone in 3-4 days. Good luck!

Day 4- a swollen mess

Day 4, and I am still a swollen mess! Bruising is still intense, and again, I could not open my eyes when I woke up. I only have 4 pain pills left :( and am incredibly uncomfortable. I don't know how I'm supposed to get my cast off in 2 dad.... I don't think I'm close to ready to getting the cast off. A cool thing happened today, a celebrity commented on one of my Instagram pictures! It was a picture of my nose job and she just said congrats! But still pretty cool :) haha

You are so cute, can't wait to see the new nose soon!! Yay
You're such a sweet heart! Cast comes off on Wednesday. But I'm horrifically ugly still with bruising and swelling!

Day 5!

WOW. I finally am on the mend! I hit the turning point. Last night I slept LAYING DOWN!! :) and I woke up this morning and I could see! My eyes weren't swelled shut!!! And as you can see my bruising is really getting better! I still have a tiny headache but it's not too bad! I slept the entire night last night and today I will be staying the night at an old friends house (since I'm back in my hometown). I am able to taste more and I can almost breathe out of my nose :) I'm just feeling a lot more positive today! Oh! And I went potty today! I hadn't gone since last Wednesday... 5 days of constipation! Sheesh!! I have been eating super healthy too.

Wow your bruises have really cleared up fast! You're a good healer that's great.

Nose job for my family

So me and my sister look like twins, and she got mad when I got the nose job because I wouldn't look like her anymore. And at first she was super negative about me getting the surgery, but now she almost talks like she's gonna get it... Like she's asking very detailed questions.... And then her husband was in the room and she was like "oh well I'm not gonna get a nose job...yet." My sister is absolutely gorgeous and I wouldn't ever want her to get one, but I used some of her pictures in the editing ap and she would
Look soooo good. I mean she already does look good but yeah...

Hi there! Your bruising swelled up quick too! I emailed you a private message because I am having the same surgery done with Dr. Portuese in August! You have helped me a lot with your updates. I'm super scared about something going wrong in surgery, never had surgery in my life and definitely doing the arm IV thing, thanks to your advice. Thanks so much for your updates, when I see you doing better it makes me feel excited and better about my surgery!
Oh wonderful :) I'll check my messages now. I am very happy that my updates have helped you. I'm so happy I went to portuese :) and defiantly do the IV in the arm! You will have to request it, but the anesthiologist is amazing. And I love that I was able to talk to both him and dr. Portuese before the surgery. I want you to keep in mind the my swelling and bruising was defiantly a more severe case. Most people do not get it as bad as me. I'm sure yours will be better! I've only seen one case where someone swelled more than me, and I haven't seen any where someone bruised as bad as me.

Cheek stains

Okay so I can't sleep so have decided to update my review. I'm entering day 6, and there's no denying it.... My bru skin is absolutely terrible. It kinda hurts and I'm nervous that it will actually stain my cheek.. That one really dark patch under my eye... Anyways what do you guys think? Am I just paranoid? I'll be seeing my surgeon on July 2nd (30 hours) so I can ask then. I have completely avoided sunlight on my face.

Day 6- woke up sad

So it's now day 6, and I'm about 13 hours away from cast removal! This morning I woke up sad and discouraged. My bruises look no better and I'm still nervous about staining on my right cheek. My nose is swollen and I know it's gonna look so ugly tomorrow when he takes the cast off. I feel hidueose. I feel like such an ugly human being. And I'll probably feel like this for a few weeks :(
Other than that it's been a great day! Had to take a pain pill and iced my face for an hour. But it was 95 degrees so I went to my friends private lake with my sister and swam (if course wearing sunscreen, a floppy sun hat, and not getting my face wet). Then I've eaten and done homework! OMG I CAN KINDA SMELL AND TASTE AGAIN! And I can kinda breathe out of my left nostril :) although I did lose a much needed 10 pounds this week ;) okay well not trying to complain guys, I am really happy! I'm just sick of my reflection. I've just felt so ugly this past week and am ready to feel confident again.

Don't be discouraged. Youre so pretty. Cast off is very zen.. Nothing like it!
Oh great! Glad you liked it. I've heard lots of horror stories about the cast coming off. I'm also scared it will hurt

Love my profile so far

I LOVE MY PROFILE SO FAR :)

I can tell it is going to be worth it for you! Your nose was small to begin with so I can only imagine how adorable it will be when it stops swelling!! Cast removal week is emotional, and I am sorry you are not feeling confident right now, but you WILL! You are almost past the hard part :) In my case, by month one I started having a lot more good days than bad ones. I have had "good" nose days for a weeks straight. You'll get there!
So so cute! You're almost to cast off time yay
Aw I'm sorry you're feeling sad. This can be such an emotional rollercoaster! You're beautiful though. Swelling and bruising is part if the process. Nothing a little make up can't cover. :) hopefully you feel better tomorrow

MY CAST IS OFF

Well here it is my beautiful followers, my new nose. Today I went and got my cast off-took about 5 minutes and was painless. They handed me a mirrior and I started crying. My nose is beautiful. It's the cute, little, feminine nose I have always dreamed of. Dr. Portuese is an artist, I feel like I am a new person. I am filled with so much happiness I feel that I will float away! My goodness I can't believe that this is MINE! Now, the tip is very swollen and round from the swelling, plus he gave me a shot of cortisol in the tip so it's even more swollen. But I don't care! It's beautiful in my eyes.

You have my dream nose. So cute! I really think that is the perfect amount of slope. Congrats!!
Congratulations!! It's beautiful!!
Thank you! Online support got me through it :)

Front view!

So for my front view photo, it looks a little funny from the front lol. I had a shot in the tip of my nose and my tip is very swollen. But he reduced my nostrils and are they are beautiful. Plus he lifted my tip! I am VERY pleased with the results. Bday decision of my life

So perfect!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!:) I lovvve the cute button profile! Yayayay
Thank you love! It might get less sloped as my nose un swells :( you're beautiful!
I feel like mine is losing some slope but I really hope not. Or not much at least!

Can't stop taking pics!

Such a cute little nose! Youll be taking pics for weeks! :)
It's Darl again... I love your profile, I'm going to be making an apt. for a consultation soon .. I'm not happy with my profile. So overall you would say its worth all the ups and downs the first week after surgery ...
Yes definatley worth it! I was hardly in any pain- I was only uncomfortable. Just make sure you go to a very good surgeon. Spend the extra money on someone reputable

One week update.

So last night I went to the bars with my boyfriend to celebrate my noses one week anniversary! I had 2 drinks and went dancing! Then today is my first day back at work, I work in the produce department at a grocery store. I'm feeling fabulous and am in a fabulous mood! I work up and my nose was even less swollen than it was yesterday! I'm just so happy. Many coworkers asked about my black eye so I decided to be honest with them, and I feel so much better. I shouldn't be ashamed of my new nose because I love it so much! Plastic surgery is such a taboo subject, and it shouldn't be!! It's up to is ladies to not make it a taboo subject.

From last night

Great results:) its wonderful you are happy
Wow, fast recovery! So awesome! I need to pm you to tell you about my consultation!
you look fantastic

Happy holidays!

So as my life has resumed back to normal- I want to discuss the emotional journey of my rhinoplasty. I feel guilty writing this because I know many ladies are struggling after their procedure, and my thoughts and blessings go out to them! I always heard it was natural to feel sad or regret after the surgery. I think it affects about 1/3- 1/2 of ladies after rhinoplasty. I thought that I would for sure be one of the unlucky ones- as I am very prone to depression.
Anyways, before the surgery I was on a rollercoaster of excitement, guilt and second- guessing myself. I struggled with finding support and negative attitudes of my peers. I struggled with justify on the cost. And I struggled with worrying about what people would say about me when they found out, I was ashamed. But other times I was just so happy and so excited and wanted my new nose right then!!

Right before my surgery I regretted my decision. I was terrified. My face would forever be different. Would I even look like myself? Will I look bad? What if my doctor messes up!?

The day of surgery I was super calm. I slept well and even fell asleep on the 75 minute car ride there! I never sleep in cars! And it wasn't even early! I was a little nervous- but ready. Like I said, this was my 6th surgery. I was a sickly child growing up- hospitals and surgeries are nothing new to me. I was born deaf, so I have had 3 surgeries on my ears. I talk with a lisp and still don't hear very well at all- due to my hearing. Then just the regualar tonsils and wisdom teeth surgery. And I have had 2 surgeries that I was awake for- one for an abscess in my throat and one for my knee. Okay so anyways I was just nervous for the outcome not the actual surgery!

In my 6 days of having my cast, I felt super super happy! I was already in love with my nose! I was a little concerned because my nostrils were crooked and my nose looked crooked but I didn't think much about it! I knew I had made the right decision and was so happy! One day I woke up sad- but it was only because of how ugly I was. I was just so done with the recovery!

From the second I got my cast off, I have been nothing but overwhelmed with happiness. I have not regretted of second guesses my decision. This was hands down the best decision of my life. I know my emotional journey is over now- here on day 8. There is nothing I want different about my new nose. I have accepted it as part of me, and everytime I look in the mirrior I just smile! Like I said, I feel guilty that I haven't had the common depression - but I just want to share my personal journey. Good luck to all you beautiful ladies (and gents!)! Have a good holiday!

Your last post made me cry :) so beautiful how you expressed all of that. I also feel for the ladies who didn't experience immediate gratification. Especially those who are having real issues and may seek revisions. My heart goes out to them and I wish everyone could be as happy. The right Dr. Is so important. Obviously yours is a great one too! Happy for you :):):)
Awh thank you! I know- I couldn't imagine doing a revision! That would be more stressful than the first time! And the price!? Holy cow! Revisions cost more plus the original cost! Could you imagine??
Soon pretty

Just a short rant..

Okay so my bruising is greatly improving, but I do still have a mark under my right eye. As I said, my life has resumed to "normal"- meaning I work, party, shop, ect. But people are so freaking RUDE! I can't count how many strangers have asked about my eye, or asked if I was okay, or ask if my boyfriend beats me!? Like what!?? I don't even know you, and your going to ask me if I'm involved in domestic violence! And they ask like it's a joke!? What if I really was involved in domestic violence!? And then I tell them I had surgery and then they ask tons of questions like it's their business. Ugh! It's so rude. Did any of you experience this? Okay rant over.

AND NOT NOSE RELATED- but I have blonde hair as you can see... But should I go red? Change the hair to complete my new face? :) I'll post a pic of the shade I'm talking about and comment below you opinion. It's okay if you think hair now is better for me :)

I'm sure you would look sexy in red hair. Could try it to see? What does your bf say? I think your blonde tho, is perfectly beautiful on you.
do u have an old straight on pic u can post beside new nose?
Yes I'll post one now :) new nose still swollen from front as I'm only 10 days post op

Comparison

As requested, posting comparison pic of the front! I'm only 10 days post-op so still very swollen. My new nose looks wider, which is because of the swelling, and also my old nose had a very sharp bridge. It felt like a V, so that made it more narrow looking but then had a bulbous button. My new nose is shaped like a U on the bridge, so in pictures it might look a little wider. Also, smaller nostrils now and a lifted tip. He also tucked in my septum. So there's all the front changes. I didn't mind my original nose from the front but I'm happy with my new one. I've gotten a lot of compliments too. Mostly from my guy friends who I told.

Big or subtle change?

What do you guys think? Big or subtle? P.s nose is wide and swollen I was only 8 days post op in these. I like my new one from the front. It's less distracting.

You remind me of Blake Lively now :)
Lol thanks. I was told that a few years ago too!
I love your profile. I'm amazed how fast you healed. I think any haircolor will look gorgeous on you :)

2nd day back to work.

Bad mood today. Going back to work for the second time- 9 hour shift. If one more nosy coworker or rude customer asks me about my black eye I will NOT be nice. I cut 4 inches off of my hair yesterday- hasn't been this short since high school. My swelling is annoying me today. I slept on my belly last night and I woke up with my eyes swollen shut almost.

Another before and after

Before and afters make me feel better since I'm in such a bad mood. No longer is this a "bad" angle.

It looks like a subtle change from the front to me. You look so happy in your after pictures and I think that also makes a huge difference. And I just realized I have the same little purple bruise under my right eye! I'm sure people are going to be nosy and ask me about it too. People are so annoying! Hopefully it goes away soon for both of us!!

Boys are dumb.

11 days post op. Feeling really upset today. My boyfriend went out to the strip club and spent $100 on lap dances. We have been together for 15 months and has never spent more than $50. Ever. My feelings are so hurt. And of course he is acting like IM the bad guy :/
Anyways so I cried for the first time with my new nose, and it got really swollen and wouldn't stop running. So I don't recommend crying. My boyfriend has been kind of a jerk since my nose job, he told me he thinks I can get someone better now.
Also I worked 9 hours yesterday. I do a lot of heavy lifting and my nose was really starting to hurt. I took ibuprofen even though I'm not supposed to have that yet. Oh well.
Today i am nannying and the mom asked about my bruise. I told her from basketball. She's a doctor, she texted me saying that I was lying and that she thought it was from my boyfriend so then I had to tell her the truth. So embarrassing. I'm not happy today. Also, I think my tip is dropping.

Hope you had a better day today girly xx
Oh wow I would not be such an understanding girlfriend! It sounds like he is being really insecure about your new found confidence. Like you said boys are dumb. I'm sure with time he will get over it. And man that sounds rough going back to work and having to lift heavy things! Is there any way at all you could transfer departments or get a coworker to help you out with that? I can't imagine having to do that after thus. You're strong girl. I'm sorry you had a shitty day but hopefully tomorrow will be better. Hugs!! ❤
You are lucky. Closed is the way to go. Your nose is amazing and your not even one month post op. I had an open rhinoplasty. I'm just about 6 months post op and my nose is bigger than my original nose! Crazy. Consider yourself lucky.

2 weeks post op

Hi guys! So due to the drama back home with my bf I decided to take the week off and stay at my moms house back in my hometown. It has been great! I am two week post-op today!! Two days ago I went jet skiing! Had a blast but I made sure to stay under 40 MPH so I wouldn't hurt my nose (normally I go over 50 but then I tend to flip them or fall off). It was great! Had such a fun time swimming! It was 92 degrees here too so it was my first time my nose got a lot of sun exposure. I haven't noticed any bad side effects! And yes, I still have a tiny bruise under my right eye but I'm sure it'll be gone in a few days. Today I decided to meet with my ex boyfriend who I dated for 2 years for lunch. We ate and then took his dogs to the river and swam and played fetch. I was curious to see if he would notice. He didn't say anything but then texted me after I left and said I looked different. Hehe. He asked if maybe I lost weight? (I haven't.. I've actually gained 10 pounds since he last saw me..) so I thought that was funny! But yeah, other than that I have no updates! Things are going great! Hope you all are doing well :)

Nose looks amazing! You have beautiful eyes and I think the red hair will bring out your blue eyes even more =) boys are dumb btw you were beautiful before and the new nose makes you more beautiful! idk why but i think a lot of guys get insecure when us girls make changes to better ourselves to feel more confident. rock your confidence you are gorgeous!
wow that looks so fun!!!
You gained 10 pounds??? Where? You look great and I vote you stay w/blonde. Do you have any makeup tips for covering up bruises?

Another person noticed

Hey guys not gonna write much because kind if depressed because me and my bf broke up. But last night I was hanging out with an ex (one I haven't seen in 6 months) and all of a sudden he goes "I don't remember you ever looking so cute!" And I was like "oh.. Do I look different?" And he goes "hmm.... I don't know. I really don't. But you look cuter. Maybe it's from summer? Tan skin and blonder hair?"
Hahaha. So one ex attributed it to weight loss and the other to summer color. So funny how people can't pin point it.

haha thank you! I'm super nervous. You look beautiful even with the bruise, and sorry about your breakup, but you are better off without someone that doesn't support you no matter what.

A little surprise ;)

Newly single, new nose, new house, and about to start looking for a new job. So why not some new hair? :) anyways... I'm doing well. Nose swelled up today. And I still haven't gone to the gym yet. Will try to get there this week. I've lost 10 pounds since surgery.

You look stunning! I can't wait to say goodbye to my old nose and hello to the new! Thanks for your story!
I'm excited for your journey :) I'll be watching along the way
Aw sorry to hear about the break up. I love your new hair color!! Good for you for moving on with your life so quickly. You look fabulous!!

How swelling affected my nose

I've had some people ask how my nose has changed with swelling! I've decided to post some pictures :)

Hi there, I just wanted to tell you that I am also in the Seattle area and have been doing so much research on this site, and because of your results I just set up a consultation with Dr. Portuese. You look so great! Did you have any consultations with other doctors in the area before choosing him? I am pretty nervous about making the final decision!
You were beautiful then, and you are even more beautiful now! Your results are amazing. Subtle, and natural looking! I'm sorry to hear about that jerk of a boyfriend, but don't let boys like that keep you down. They're not worth your time. Keep smiling and stay happy! I can't wait for my rhinoplasty too. Just a few more thousand dollars to save!

One month

I am now 4 weeks post-op. I caught the flu last week and my nose was super runny. I went threw two boxes of tissues. I could blow my nose like normal and didn't notice any swelling. I am back to working out- both running and lifting! I had a photo shoot in Down town Seattle yesterday, with an old friend who used to be extremely negative about my nose job. I think she was jealous because she didn't want to talk about it at all. It was her first time seeing me since. But at least she didn't say anything mean about it.... Anyways at 4 weeks post op I feel completely normal! I feel great! I don't even notice swelling when I'm working out :) although 2 days ago my boyfriend accidentally head butted me in his sleep and I woke up screaming and crying :( ouch!

Look at the photo I just posted- of portuese predicted outcome for me, and my 4 weeks results. He gave me EXACTLY what he predicted for me :)

Nose is getting small and cute

Wow! My swelling has gone down so much! My nose is so tiny! And cute. I might go cry now... So happy haha

Your nose looks amazing! So happy everything went so well. Thanks heaps for sharing, we have similar noses so reading your story is really helpful for me! All the best :)
Amazing! Fingers crossed my nose comes out as lovely as yours did :)

Weightloss

I know a lot of people worry about gaining weight after surgery- because you wants workout. Well since last summer I have lost about 18 pounds and this surgery helped me lose weight! It took me 3 1/2 weeks to get back into the gym but I was still able to be in track. Just eat really healthy while recovering- it helps with swelling and helps you heal faster! Best of luck babes!

you are darling. nose looks awesome. i like the red hair. wish i had the guts to do that. how long does the red that are in your pics last?
Anywhere from 1-3 weeks! The brand clariol professional dazzling is like $7 and is good for your hair and washes out fast! It's already almost blonde again
You're gorgeous. Beautiful and I love your nose sooooo much in the last few pics it is so de swelled!! Congrats u lucky stunning lady

Crazy week!

I have 3 jobs plus do online school so things are hectic. Plus I've spent the past week moving so things have just been crazy ! I'm living with my boyfriends parents and am really happy here :) plus I'm getting full time hours now at my main job which is a good thing! But anyways I had my modeling gig on Monday. I made $140 for 2 hours.... Damn. Easy money. And he said he would be calling me again! Yay! So now that I'm 1 month and 4 days post op, my tip is no longer hard! It almost is soft like a regular tip. But it's still super Sensative.

I also lost about 10 lbs after surgery... I was worried about gaining weight since I didn't go to the gym for a couple of weeks. But having no real appetite for a couple of weeks really helped! Haha and I've kept it off too.
Same here! I have been to the gym 2 times since June 26 and I'm still losing wieght :) happy happy!!
Loving your new nose. Looks like you had some full on bruising post surgery. Glad it has all settled down for you! Really appreciate your honest account of everything... good and bad. :)

Summer nose probs

So I nanny sometimes and yesterday I took the boys to the lake. They only had that spray sunscreen so I sprayed myself in the face to get my nose and they couldn't stop laughing at me. "That's a terrible way to put on sunscreen!!" They shouted. Haha oh well, my plastic surgeon said I must wear sunscreen everyday this summer. I see him on August 6, so hopefully I will get cleared to be able to wear sunglasses again! I don't have contacts and I haven't been able to wear my regular glasses in over a month. So it would be nice to be able to wear those again.

Weird

So today, July 31 was the date I had originally set for surgery. But my boss made me move it to June 26. It's crazy to think that I would just now be starting the process! Because I'm already healed and rarely even think about my nose now... I'm happy I moved it up :) today I went inter-tubing on Lake Washington with my girlfriends and then had a job at an upscale pizza restaurant! He called me back for a second interview.

it looks awesome! i still have my cast on, get it off wed. and i am nervous bc of how big the tip of my nose looks. was yours swollen for a long time ? bc it seems like your tip was swollen a lot (like mine is) but then it went down, and now looks great! Hope that happens with mine!
Hey! I still need to text you my pics! Does that mean you may be moving to Seattle so cool! Yes, you are sooo lucky you moved it up, so you're not here in the process of OMG what am i doing...stage like me! I'm so envious that you are done and over with it and having fun on the water!
Send me you're pictures!!! Please :)

My post op appointment

Today I had my 6 week post op appointment. My first time seeing him since day 6 when he took my cast off. My surgeon was sooo nice and sooo helpful! He gave me 6 shots of steroids in my tip to help the swelling in my tip and he also gave me some tape to use at night. The shots HURT. I was bleeding everywhere and crying. But he said I should see my final result in 2 month now :) my surgeon and his staff are SO impressed with my results. They said I look really different. I could not be happier even though my plastic surgeon pulled up my "before" picture and said "wow what a hottie" sarcastically... So he basically called my old face ugly. He cleared me to wear glasses, play soccer and pierce my nose. I really miss my nose piercing. What do you guys think?

Your new nose is perfect! When I get mine done I hope it looks like that :)
other than the shots, i'd take swelling over shots, ur nose makes me really wanna get mine done. and i dont think he meant u were ugly before! u know that!
My swelling was mostly gone by like week 2 or 3 because I had steroid shots! Give it a month! You'll be okay I promise!

Hi!

So I got the waitressing job! That will be better than the grocery store I work at that's for sure! So I've just started taping my nose at night and it makes my tip swollen and rock hard in the morning! Is that normal!! Should I stop taping?

Cutest little profile!!
Very beautiful!
He did an awesome job on your nose! It's perfect. I love your new profile and the front looks cute too. I would love for mine to turn out like that. Congrats! I know you have to be so happy with your decision. You look great!

New eye candy

Now that I can wear glasses I decided it was time to get some that were actually the right prescription! What do you guys think of these frames? And it's a good thing I went in because they eye doctor found something called Drussen building up in the back of my retina. It's basically just debris that my eye isn't disposing properly. There is no treatment and there is no cure. I'll have it for the rest of my life and if it worsens it'll turn into macular degeneration- which is basically going blind. Since there's no treatment there's nothing I can really do except go in every 6 months and get photos of my eyeballs taken to make sure my eyes aren't deteriorating. I'm really depressed about it and I'm wondering if I'm being punished for being so vain and getting plastic surgery. I mean going blind would be a good way to get back at someone for being superficial. Sorry guys I'm just a big believer in karma :/

I just wanted to say that Rhinoplasty actually has a very high percentage of people that say it was "worth it". Especially if you consider that out of all the people who get this surgery, I'm sure 16% of them have body dysmorphic disorder and they would never be pleased with their nose no matter what. You would be shocked at how many people have it and get this done. Not knocking the surgery because I want to get it soon but just saying that is a factor in the 16% of people that don't think or know if it was worth it.
You are NOT being punished for being vain. You did something for yourself! Don't punish yourself for that emotionally. It sounds like you do a lot for others (no guilty attached there), so why not something for yourself? This was it! And it's beautiful. There's nothing wrong with a little superficiality if it helps your confidence and emotional well being! You are allowed to treat yourself and you did just that. What has happened with your eyes isn't karma, it's life. And life keeps happening. Try not to drive yourself crazy thinking you played any part in that! I know it's easy to say, but I'm always right! So you should heed my advice! ;-)
I'm so sorry to hear about your eyes. I hope ypu feel better soon. You look do beautiful in these eye glasses! Will keep you in my prayers.

2 months

I just celebrated my 2
Months. My nose is still swollen and sore at times. My tip and bridge are hard again. I'm very happy but just wanting my tip to get smaller. Still so happy I did this. I feel like my surgery was a year ago! Not just 2 short months ago!

Your nose looks amazing! And your body too! Congrats on the new nose and getting in better shape. Such inspiration!
U look great at both hair colors arevpretty on u!
Your nose is so lovely! I like your hair. Happy for you!
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Portuese is an artists. An expert. A master in facial plastic surgery. I trust him with my face! He gave me a dream nose that brought out my other features, and changed my life. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome! His staff are nice and professional..... Mostly. A few things to complain about but I'm not one to over analyze. Also, personality wise Dr. Portuese isn't the nicest or most welcoming. He is a busy person- and will make you feel like he is too busy to answer some questions. But that being said, he does care about his work and he was very nice and comforting on the day of surgery. He will tell you his honest opinion about what to fix and what to change- and you should trust his opinion!