Things to Know About Permanent Makeup - Seattle, WA

That's a rough ball park because I had it done...

That's a rough ball park because I had it done two different times. I had my eyeliner and lips done when I was 18 so that I wouldn't have to keep applying makeup. I have very sleepy looking eyes without eye liner so it makes me look much more awake. :) I had it done by a woman at a Korean Salon where she uses a tattoo gun looking machine but with smaller needles than a traditional machine.

It is very painful the old fashioned way with just numbing cream....VERY PAINFUL! I think I can handle pretty much anything at this point.

The eyeliner was the worst, going along the crease of your eye absolutely kills and I was so scared of being poked. I must say though it was one of the best decisions I have made. I absolutely love it. I had it touched up by another lady in Seattle a few years after, and it still looks almost as it did when I first got it done.

The lips, not worth it. The reason for me is that the color of the lip liner did not stay. What I later learned from the tattoo lady (Thanks for telling me after the fact!) Is that the color doesn't stay as well when you are young because your natural collagen pushes the color out. Mind you I am not sure if this is true, but what I do know is that it was a complete waste of money. After the scabs fell away in five days or so no more color. :( I have given up on the lips. Maybe it will work better on a person with a different skin type?

I am not sure if you are middle-aged it may stay, I am 28 just about now and may try again in a few years.

All in all.... YES TO THE EYES, NO TO THE LIPS if you are around my age 18-28. That's my vote.

Dear True Colors, I am so sorry for you for this terrible experience. I had my eyebrows tattooed earlier this year. I won't make that mistake twice. I am fortunate to have a strong immune system and that the natural growth of my eyebrows is conceals most of the tattooing. I thought too that I was being responsible contacting the practice of a plastic surgeon for a referral. Apparently I was wrong. For anyone still considering permanent makeup, I strongly encourage consulting with more than one technician, get a drawing, and wait a week in between the consultation and procedure. This is not the same as getting your hair cut. Keep in mind too that you do not have to sign away your rights. No hair colorist would ask the same. Ironically, a lot more is required of stylists for certification and licensing.
everyone of us like to expose our self with glow beauty. but this posts insist how careful we need to be while using the make ups sets.
Really your article gave perfect tips to glow our skin. Expecting more tips from u.
By reading this article i have conclude that using the low quality cosmetics will affect the skin and it may lead to side effects to the skin. Before using the cosmeticscosmetics you should have knowledge about the ingredients that may support you skin for ever.
This is very, very common with the lips, but a second application would show up. 95% of people who have their lips done need a second application to achieve the color they want. I've read that even if you can't see the color after the first lip application, it is there under the skin, and the second application builds on top of it and makes it visible. I've had my brows and liner done, and plan on doing my lips, and I fully expect to have at least two applications.
Truecolors, have you tried the saline method or rejuvi and that kind of thing to remove your eyeliner? I want to get my upper eyeliner off but am not sure if those methods will work/are safe there.

Hey june,

I'm so glad you are reaching out to community members who have experienced/ing what you are going though, Truecolors is a great part of the permanent makeup community. Another community member to ask would be myladylana she might be able to answer some questions too. We'd also love to hear how your permanent makeup experience was, you can do that here.

Please keep us updated and welcome to the community!

Thanks,

-Britt

Dear Kate,
I had the same experience with the lips--the color faded quickly--and I'm middle age. I won't waste money having it done again.
Regarding the eyelids? I, unfortunately, was referred (by a cosmetic surgeon, no less--and to think I trusted her!) to a minimal-skill permanent makeup artist who did a hideous job on my eyebrows. To date I've spent over $2000 trying to get the tattooed eyebrows removed but the discoloration still remains. Regarding the permanent eyeliner? I now see a competent permanent makeup artist who also removes badly-done tattooing. Unfortunately, the thick line of tattooed-on eyeliner that's under my eye cannot be removed. Even physicians who specialize in laser removal will not remove lower lid liner because of the risks involved, so now I'm stuck with unflattering thick black lines on my lower lid. If you find a permanent makeup artist who's really skilled, then permanent eyeliner is great. But the majority of permanent makeup artists have minimal skills and use pre-shaped stencil kits for the eyebrows that don't even line up with your real eyebrows, as happened with me. The results NEVER look natural.
WHAT'S MORE,the pigments in the cheap dyes they use change color on your face in just 2 or 3 years. My eyebrows turned orange, and I've seen photos of women whose eyebrows turned blue-green! I urge all women to be VERY cautious about permanent makeup, lest they end up paying the $1,000s I"ve had to pay to (partially) repair the damage.
Have you looked into saline removal for your eyeliner? I have heard of people with wonderful results from this.