330 cc saline unders- Seattle, WA

My breast augmentation is one month from today. I...

My breast augmentation is one month from today. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to start my review. Like others, I've always had small breasts but figured I would develop as I got older. Now that I'm approaching my 25th birthday and I'm still a 34B, I've decided to get a breast augmentation. I'm not sure what size of implants I want to get but I hope to be a 34D after surgery. I had my initial appointment last October (2011). My surgery was schedule for November 2011 but I got a terrible stomach virus and had to reschedule. Initially, I was thinking about doing silicone but after hearing about the scares in France, I changed my mind. I'm sure the silicone implants in the U.S. are safe but it's my body and I feel more comfortable with saline. Before I decided to switch, I would get terrible knots in my stomach whenever I thought about my surgery. Since making the switch, I feel at ease about my surgery. I love this site and enjoying hearing everyone's story. If you have any advice or tips, please let me know :) My surgery is on Friday (the 13th, am I nuts?) and I'm planning on going back to work (I have a desk job) the next Thursday- does that seem like enough time? The only thing I'm worried about is other's reactions. I've only told my mother, sister, and boyfriend. I wonder if people will notice? Will they say anything? I don't know if I want to tell people or not. I haven't decided. Any thoughts? I'll try and post some before pictures in the next few days.

Taking my "before" pictures today reminded me why...

Taking my "before" pictures today reminded me why I want this surgery. You can't tell from these photos but I'm actually very petite (only 115 pounds & 5'4") but in these photos you can't tell. I've always thought that my (lack of) breasts make me look larger than I really am. I hope this surgery will make me more proportional.
Good luck to you things will be fine I cant wait to get this thing started, we will all be ready for summer yah
Congratz on your decision. I just had mine done 8days ago and couldn't b happier. Looking forward to hearing about your experience and Goodluck :)
Thank you! I love reading your review... keep us updated! :)

Just put some big money down for my surgery........

Just put some big money down for my surgery..... ahh... this makes it so real.

Does anyone have any advice on driving and tanning after surgery??
There isn't that big of a difference between you and i and i just had my surgery on friday. I went with 420 cc's and right now they are huge, i'm assuming from the swelling but they dont look half bad, i wouldn't mind if they stayed this way lol. I am having problems uploading my results to my profile and working on getting it fixed. Hopefully you can see mines before you finalize things.
Hi Natalie, if u are unsure with sizing, do the rice test (google it) it can give you an approximate of sizing. Tanning: I would wait awhile, your incisions need time to heal. Back to work: I had surgery on a Thursday and returned the following Thursday but I also had my tummy tuck scar revised. I think I could have easily gone back to work the next Monday if I had only done the breasts, though driving would have been a bit of a pain. Thank goodness for my backup camera it made it much easier!!
thank you for all your advice! I really appreciate it!! :)

I have my post-op appointment on Wednesday. I'm...

I have my post-op appointment on Wednesday. I'm trying to do as much research as I can so I can be prepared for my appointment.

I'm confused between the differences between high profile, moderate, moderate plus. What does it all mean? :-/

Also what is the differences between shells? Round?

I have my desired result photos posted so if you have any recommendations for profile and shell that would be greatly appreciated! :) Also, if there is anything you would recommend that I talk with my doctor about during my pre-op I would also appreciate your suggestions.

I had my pre-op appointment yesterday. It went...

I had my pre-op appointment yesterday. It went really well. Right before I walked in I got really nervous. My nerves were instantly calmed after talking with my doctor. I appreciate his honesty.

In October when I did my initial appointment, I tried on different implants but I had no idea of the sizes. For some reason I got it in my head that I needed to be at least 400 cc. After showing my doctor my desired results pics and talking about what look I was going for (very natural) he helped me see that 400 would not give me my desired results. This was also confirmed after trying on a 300 cc implant. I will post the pics below. I am going to do 300 cc saline filled up to 330. I think the size looks perfect.

When I told my mom about my appointment, she asked if I was going to tell people at work or just let them ask. My boyfriend also asked me the same thing. It puzzles me why they ask me this. It's not like I'm going to end up looking like Dolly Parton (she is beautiful but I'm not going for that look). I don't think it will be that noticeable. Or at least I hope not. After trying on the 300 cc I think my results are going to look natural.

Two weeks until my surgery. I'm not too nervous... yet.

I'll update when it gets closer. Any advice for getting prepared before the surgery??
I'm wishing now that i went with 300 or 350 cc's i went with 420, they are pretty big, it doesn't look bad or anything but i wasn't prepared for 34D bra size i was hoping for a C. its only been 3 weeks on friday and i'm hoping they go down a bit but it feels like all the swelling is gone already.
I love the 300cc on you! I also have 300cc saline implants and am 5ft 4in 125lbs. I couldnt be happier and guess what no one at work knew except for a few chossen ones. They are nice but not over the top :) Cant wait to see your results!!
The profile is how much projection an implant has. In order from lowest projection to highest projection: low, moderate, moderate +, and high profile. From what I have read, a moderate profile implant is wider than a high profile one. Your surgeon should have sample implants for you to look at to see the difference.

As for shape, there is round and teardrop shape (anatomical). Round is better in that if it were to flip around, it will still be the same shape. I don't know much about anatomical implants, but I here is a link that may help: http://www.realself.com/question/tear-drop-round-breast-implants-petite

****** NIGHT BEFORE SURGERY ******** Tomorrow...

****** NIGHT BEFORE SURGERY ********

Tomorrow is the big day. I check in a 7 a.m., surgery is at 8 a.m.

I did a run to Target to pick up the essentials (saltine crackers, extra pillow, comfy pants, extra strength tylenol, ice packs, straws, etc.). After I finish my laundry I should be good to go.

So far, I'm not really nervous. Weird, right? I hope I won't regret not being more nervous. And I also hope I didn't forget anything. This week I have been so busy that I haven't had any time to get nervous. I'm sure I will be in the minutes leading up to my surgery.

Any last minute advice?

Also to the ladies with saline implants, what do you think of your implants? I keep hearing that saline implants feel like water balloons on your chest- is this true? I'm doing saline tomorrow either way but I was just curious.

I'm so thankful for this site and each one for sharing your stories and advice. Perhaps that is why I am not nervous :)
Good Luck tomorrow, I hope yu have a smooth recovery and beautiful results!
Good luck tomorrow! :)
Good luck! I hope everything goes well for you. Eager to read about it =)

*******4 HOURS POST-OP********* I've been...

*******4 HOURS POST-OP*********

I've been home for a few hours now and I feel GREAT! I think my doctor hooked me up with some good meds. My chest deals heavy but not as bad as I thought.

I will update more later when I'm not sitting in bed on my IPad .... It is to heard to type long messages on it..

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes- it meant a lot!!! :)
Hope everything goes well for you today!

Best wishes today :-)  Can't wait to hear how everything went!

Good luck today! Let us know how you're doing when you can.

**** 1st DAY POST-OP**** Still feeling really...

**** 1st DAY POST-OP****

Still feeling really good :) My boobs feel a bit tight but nothing that is not bearable.

Yesterday I got to the surgery center around 7 and was out of surgery by 9:15. I was pretty out of it when I woke up. I kept telling my boyfriend that if felt like I did and came back to life. Haha, I think he found that very entertaining. On a scale from 10 (being painful) to 1 (normal), I would say my pain level was a 3 or 4 when I woke up. Definitely better than I expected. It was a bit difficult to breathe but not uncomfortable. I was extremely thirty when I woke up. I probably drank two glasses of water before we left to go home. For people getting ready to have their surgery, definitely get straws. It makes it sooo much easier to drink!

Yesterday after I got back to my apartment, I stayed in bed for a few hours. I was bit uncomfortable after I got home but after eating some toast and taking my meds I felt a lot better.

My doctor has me on a ton of different medicines...

-Cephalexin: antibiotic

-Ondansteron: anti-nausea... I would highly recommend this medicine. You take it by letting it melt on your mouth and it really helps. I haven't been nauseated at all :)

-Diazepam: muscle relaxer... this stuff is really good as well. Helps for the first few days when your chest feel tight and makes it uncomfortable to take deep breaths.

-Transderm: anti-nausea... but on one patch under your ear the night before surgery and take it off a few days afterwards. The only down side is that it makes you extremely thirsty!

-Oxycodone: pain med

-Zolpidem: sleeping pills... I didn't take any last night and regretted it. I didn't sleep very well just because it is so uncomfortable sleeping sitting up.

Whew, tons of meds!

After taking the meds yesterday (day of surgery), I felt great. I definitely needed help doing the most basic things, like even pulling my pants up and down to go to the bathroom, lol. Luckily, my boyfriend is awesome and never complains about helping.

****** 2nd DAY POST-OP**** Last night (early...

****** 2nd DAY POST-OP****

Last night (early on 4/14) around 2:30 in the morning I woke up to take my meds again. I was a bit sore when I woke up later on this morning but nothing terrible. I would definitely recommend taking your medicines on time and not waiting too long. I know most people say day two is the worst but for me it hasn't been that bad since I have been faithful about taking my meds.

My doctor called to check in on me this morning. So far I'm extremely happy with Dr. Salemy. His nurses were super nice and helped me not be so nervous before my surgery.

Every once a while I feel weird noises coming from my boobs. No stings but more like gurgling noises. Is this normal? Anyone else have experience with this?

I got my implant card on Friday-- I'm a 330cc Natrelle saline implant below the muscle on both breasts.

Also, definitely do not push yourself after your surgery. Let others help you. Don't use your hand to lift you up, it will hurt like a mo fo. Try to use your legs and bottom to scoot across the bed/couch. Like Makenzie said in her post, if something drops, just let it.

Also, I got one of those neck pillows that you use on an airplane and it was really helpful last night when I was trying to sleep.

I would post a picture but you can't really see anything. I had bandages all over and I don't want to take off the compression strap. My post-op appointment is on Monday so I will try and pick some photos then. I've tried to look but can't really tell how they look. They aren't as big as I thought they would be but then again I can't really get a good look at them.

I can't wait until Monday so I can see the new girls!
Glad to hear you are doing well! Excited to see your pictures! The sizers you had on in the pics looked great on you
I wrote more about it on the reply on my post, but it is normal in silicone too I think. I been hearing the same noises. It feels like gas bubbles in my boobs lol Did you remove the bandages yet? Mine are off and I am hearing the noises even more. I started to hear it and notice it more once I started the displacement exercises.
Yes I definitely heard them more when I took the conpresson strap off for a few minutes. Thanks for your thoughts- it is giving me some piece of mind :)

**** 4th DAY POST-OP*** Today was my first...

**** 4th DAY POST-OP***

Today was my first day on my own (my boyfriend had to go back to work). I stopped taking the oxyocodon. I'm just taking the Tylenol and muscle relaxers. No boobage pain but I have a massive headache!

I went in for my post-op appointment today. Doc said everything looks great. I posted pics below.

I'm off to take a nap to get rid of this headache!
If you haven't had any caffeine that might contribute to your headache. I don't know if you're better now or have tried already...
Take care! You look great!
Happy to hear you are doing well!! I'm day 14 and it gets easier day by day. Jut take it easy, I pushed myself too hard too soon. It's easy to do so just make sure you take care of yourself and don't do too much get others to help you. Just reaching for things can be overwhelming. Anyway, can't wait to see your pics, congrats!!

*******5th DAY POST-OP****** Today has...

*******5th DAY POST-OP******

Today has probably been the worst of all the days. I stopped taking the oxycodon yesterday (which is probably why I had a headache yesterday) because I'm trying to ween myself off before Thursday when I need to drive to work.

I'm been so sleepy today. I've probably slept most of the day :(

Did anyone else have a hard time getting off the pain pills?

Wow, you look great!  Your plastic surgeon did a great job!  Are you happy with your results so far?  I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with the pain meds :-(  Are you taking two?  Maybe try taking 1 1/2 and then gradually tapering off to one.  I took Vicodin, so I can't say too much on this...but trying to help :-)  I started off taking 2 Vicodins, but it was too much, so I ended up taking 1 1/2 and it was much better for me.  After that I went down to one every now and then, then Tylenol or Advil.

You look great!  Hang in there!  It only gets better :-)
Thanks for the words of encouragement! They were needed :)

I'm definitely happy with my results. They are a but swollen (as well as my stomach) so its hard to tell exactly how they will look. I still can't believe I have big boobs now ... I'm so happy.

I took one oxy just now and I'm feeling a ton better. Tomorrow I. Going to try and take a half and see how I do. How many days did you have to take the pain meds?
yay! your bandages came off today right?

******6th DAY POST-OP**** Feeling a lot...

******6th DAY POST-OP****

Feeling a lot better today. I had a hard time getting off the pain pills. I took one oxy last night before bed and then a muscle relaxer this morning. I'm going to try and just take Tylenol from now on. I have night class tonight that I need to be able to drive myself to.

I get my surgical tape removed and replaced tomorrow.

So far, I'm happy with my results. I'm looking forward to then not being so swollen and settling down a bit. I still feel like I have two softballs in my chest lol.

I took a shower yesterday -- WOW! That felt great!

I posted a photo below in the same mint green swim suit top from before... so crazy to see myself with boobs!

Tomorrow is my first day back at work-- wish me luck!

I'm having a terrible time coming off these meds....

I'm having a terrible time coming off these meds. Today I didn't take any of the pain meds and I have been an emotional mess. My boobs are fine and look good but for some reason emotionally I feel like a mess. I could not stop crying earlier and for no reason.

Did anyone else have a similar reaction when they stopped taking the pain meds??
I cried too. I think it is just cause you did something that is somewhat life changing. Keep your head up!
I had the same thing.. I felt so emotionally crazed it was ridiculous. I felt so depressed and didn't even know why I was crying. It did go away after awhile but it is rough. Hang in there! You are looking fantastic :)

I'm not sure if getting off the pain meds is the reason you were crying.  Awww, and I'm so sorry to hear that :-(  Depression is quite common after surgery.  I had it too and also a few other people on here.  It will go away in a few days.  Maybe try distracting yourself with a movie or your favorite activity.

Whew! I'm feeling a ton better. I had a few...

Whew! I'm feeling a ton better. I had a few emotional days where I was just tired and uncomfortable. It's getting better :)

I went back to work on Thursday- had to leave early because I got tired. Friday I was able to work the entire day.

My breasts are getting softer everyday. I posted new pics below. I'm really happy with the size. I tried in a few shirts and dresses yesterday and they look perfect. Very proportional-- exactly what I wanted. I would honestly be really surprised if someone thought they were fake.

I'm also happy I got saline. There is no weird noises and they definitely do NOT feel like balloons. Those are all myths!

I started doing the massaging on Thursday. It definitely helps!! It doesn't hurt at all and really helps in the morning when they are stiff.

Sleeping is still a bit uncomfortable. I'm having to rely on sleeping pills to help me sleep throughout the night. I'm hoping to stop having to take those soon.

I'll update in another week or so.

ALSO, btw Vicky's is having some good deals right now!!
You look great :)
Thanks :)

Wowza, my breasts have been so sore the last few...

Wowza, my breasts have been so sore the last few days. In the mornings they feel great and then by the afternoon they are super sore. I've been take Tylenol but it doesn't really help that much. When did the soreness go away for everyone else?
Where on seattle did you go. I also live in sattle and want to interview with a few drs.
Dr. Salemy- I would definitely recommend him! I'm extremely happy with my results so far!
I'm starting to get my feeling back too. I feel your pain. I am opposite though. I wake up in the morning feeling a little sore, probably bc I sleep and they don't get too much massaging then. Then at night by the time I go to bed, I'm in the same boat as you. I feel really sore. I think I do too much during the day. It kicks my ass.

Pain has definitely gotten a lot better. Every...

Pain has definitely gotten a lot better. Every once in a while I get a little zing but definitely way more manageable! I've learned to listen to my body and stop and take a break when I get sore.

Even though I'm only two weeks out, I'm so happy I did this. I feel way more confident and can't wait to get in a swim suit! :)
Hello, thanks so much for writing about your experience! I can't help but notice how cheap your surgery was in comparison to everyone elses. Does the $5,900 include taxes,anesthesia, consults, etc. etc.? Is there a trick to getting this price? Was there a special going on? I want to get mine done so bad, but I'm nervous about spending so much money.

I don't know if I said this, but your results turned out really great!  They are the perfect size for you :-)
I'm glad my story has made you feel more confident about your surgery. I never thought I would ever have any type of plastic surgery so when I first thought about breast augmentation, this site was so helpful. It was nice to be able to read stories from people who were just like me.

I am so happy I had this surgery. I'm only two weeks out and I'm so happy with my results. The sadness/emotional-ness only lasted a few days. I think your body gets all messed up from the meds and I was also about to start my period so that didn't help.

There is definitely some discomfort but no real pain associated with the surgery. I hope you have a good support system and people who care about you and will help you in the days following your surgery. Make sure you take it easy! :) Best of luck!!

****3 weeks post-op****** Just a quick update...

****3 weeks post-op******

Just a quick update.... I'm feeling great. A lot of times I forget I have implants until something brushes up against them too hard. I stopped wearing my strap a few days ago- that was weird to get used to.

My only complaint is I hate how my implants feel when I'm cold. It feels like my muscle is gripping my implant - not fun! I'm sure it will go away in time.

I can't wait to wear real bras, I'm getting sick of the sports bras. Three more weeks or so!!

Also, tip for others about to have their surgeries-- have several shirts/sweaters that are not scoop neck or low cut. You don't want your strap to show! I wear modest shirts but many of my shirts were just a little too low so I had to wear scarfs to cover the strap.

I just ran across this and thought it was helpful....

I just ran across this and thought it was helpful...

Especially #1... Like I said earlier in my post, I thought I needed to go 400 cc or bigger. This would have looked ridiculous on someone my size. I'm so glad that Dr. Salemy told me that 400 cc would not give me my desired results. Look at the before and after pics for a surgeon and then trust their opinion!
Dr Salemy is doing my mm in 2 weeks. I can't attest to his work, yet but I felt super confident in his abilities after talking with him. You look phenomenal!
Thanks! :)

Good luck with your surgery. Dr. Salemy is great... I'm sure you'll be happy with your results!

I didn't realize that I hadn't posted pictures in...

I didn't realize that I hadn't posted pictures in a while to show my progress. I'm really happy with the shape and feel of my breasts for being only one month out. They continue to get softer everyday. I started wearing my strap again. I didn't wear it for a few days and noticed my implants were starting to ride high again.

I ordered a 34D size bra the other week when they were having a sale at Vicky's. I'm not sure if this is my correct size-- I know nothing about bras. I need to go and get a proper fitting but for the time being any suggestions? Smaller cup size? Bigger cup size?

Also, my green swim suit top feels too small (so crazy!). It may be that I'm just not used to having boobs to show off but I can't help but think I need a bigger top. If I moved my top even in the slightest, my nipples would come out and I definitely do not want that. I never thought I would have a swim suit top be too small, this is awesome!
How did the bra fitting go? Are you happy with your size? I'm so glad my dr ended up using 330, I doubt I would have been happy with 275 which was my initial choice during my consult. what changes did you notice in weeks 4-8? I feel like mine are dropping steadily but look smaller so I'm hoping that they don't get any smaller and the swelling has gone down.
Good to know about the sunscreen, I have an all day concert next week so I'll be sure to use a lot!!
Thanks for the vsx bra recommendation, most comfortable bra I've tried on and medium fit perfect!! How are you feeling by now?
I'm glad you like the bra. Its definitely my favorite!

I'm feeling great. I was in the sun for the first time in a while and really burned part of my breasts. Ouch! It definitely stung for a while. So if you go out in the sun, lather up in sunscreen.

I have my two month appointment next week (I'm really at week 8)! Tomorrow, I'm getting fitted for a bra, yay!

How about you?

This week will be 8 weeks since my surgery. I got...

This week will be 8 weeks since my surgery. I got the ok to start wearing normal bras. It is so nice to not wear sports bras all the time.

I'm extremely happy with my results! I got sized yesterday - I'm a 34D -- exactly what I wanted!

Last week I made the mistake of laying out and not putting on any sunscreen... big mistake! It really hurt! Learn from me and lather up on the sunscreen!

ALSO, I've heard from quite a few people about how they gained weight afterwards. This was not an issue for me because I'm a vegan. I won't stand on my vegan soapbox for too long but eating a healthy diet with lots of veggies and fruit makes a huge difference! You can see in my pictures that my stomach went down after a week.

Hey Natalie

Was your implants overfilled? If they were, are they more firm and by how many cc were they overfilled by. Are there any rippling? Also what profile did you select??

Thanks
Hey! Congrats on reaching two months! Are you happy with your results?

I'll do an update soon - I've been so busy :/

My boyfriend said he can feel the implant a bit on the bottom... my implants have settled down there. But he said it is not a huge deal, he definitely likes them. If you have any other questions about this, PM me :)
Hey Natalie, how are you doing? I hope everything is going well. My 2 month anniversary is tomorrow and I just wanted to say thanks to you and musical soul for all the advice!! One more question for you....what does your boyfriend have to say about how your implants feel? I have received feedback that "they look fantastic but feel kinda like stress balls or tennis balls) and I guess I wasn't sure if that was normal during the first few months. Take care and keep us posted!!

*** 5 months post-op*** Everything is going...

*** 5 months post-op***

Everything is going great. I'm all healed up and back to normal- no pain & scars have healed up nicely.

The first time I worked out, it didn't feel different but now I'm used to it. Just make sure you get a supportive sports bra.

I'm so happy I did this. :) Sorry this isn't a long update... after a while, you don't even think about the fact that you have implants. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.
Now that you've had them for over a year do you still like them? Any rippling? Im about your stats and thinking about going with saline. Thanks
Thank you for your review!!! This post has given me some reassurance about going with Saline. I was worried about wrinkling and such and I seeing yours has really helped to make me feel better. I'm two weeks until BA day.
Hello, I got my implants three days ago and your post def helped me get an idea of what to expect. Unfortunately my pain level has been at an extreme high since I got them done and have had issue moving my upper body. U did have a question though, was your incision under the nipper or under your breast?
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

I think my results speak for themselves. I think my breasts look extremely natural and proportionate to my body. I would highly recommend Dr. Salemy. He explained the whole process to me and answered all of my questions. The nurses and anestesiologist were great as well- they definitely helped me not be so nervous the day of the surgery. I also appreciate that Dr. S didn't try to convince me to do Silicone. Overall, great experience!