Prevelle Worked Great for Me! Good Filler to Test out How You'll Look with Fuller Lips. (w/video) - Seattle, WA

I went to Dr. Mary Lee Peters, one of our local...

I went to Dr. Mary Lee Peters, one of our local RealSelf Doctors in Seattle to try out Prevelle. I had read on RealSelf that it is a great "starter filler" to test out how you will look with larger lips. I was nervous that if I went with another filler and spent more money I would be stuck with duck lips for 6-9 months! Honestly the reason why I got this done is not because I am insecure about my lips, I just wanted more projection and a larger top lip.

The process of getting my lips injected was honestly no more than 30 minutes in the office. It is extremely fast! I am the type of person that hates being in the doctor's office for a long time and likes to be in and out.

Dr. Peters was absolutely fantastic. She explained to me what Prevelle was, how it would work and the process. She smoothed a numbing cream over my lips and we waited a few minutes for it to kick in. Next she injected me and honestly it barely hurt. I could feel it more in the center part of my lip arch but that was about it.

I was in and out in no time and so happy with my decision! That night I was just a tad bit sore and did notice some bruising forming inside my lip. The bruising was very light for a few days, nothing that stops you from going out, just a really faint bruise in some spots.

About 3 weeks later and my lips are good to go still! Dr. Peters told me this filler lasts about 3-6 months depending on the person. I am thinking next time I may go with Juvederm to make it a little more long term. I did one full syringe so you can take a look at the results in fullness.

I think it really matters who you go to for a filler. My doctor knew exactly where to inject so my shape was much fuller but still natural. Also, it was almost painless which is really important.

Overall, great decision.

Updated 11/30/2011

So my Prevelle is pretty much gone at this point and lasted for a reasonable time for the filler being thinner. I am really glad that I was able to see how my lips look when they are enhanced and I loved the overall result!

I would say that Prevelle is really good for gauging the look you want and testing things out.  I would feel comfortable using Juvederm at this point since I really already know what to expect.  My coworker mentioned that with injectable fillers if you work out a lot your body metabolizes them a bit faster... this may have been the case with myself and the short-term result since I live a very active lifestyle.  Juvederm here I come!! :)

Seattle Plastic Surgeon

This doctor knows how to handle injectable fillers. She knew exactly how to numb me and make my lips look pretty. I have seen horror stories in the past so I made sure to go with someone that had a reputation of doing great injectable work. Plus, since she wears makeup she knows how to give you the look you want! :) Dr. Peters is very friendly and a classy plastic surgeon.

Dr. Peters is the best. i'm calling today for any appointmental

Thanks Kate for sharing! And Megan it's great to see the opinion of someone looking in.

Thanks so much ladies,

-Britt

Thanks Trent8157!  It wasn't bad. :)

wow u look great...hope it didnt hurt TOO MUCH!!

I went to this appointment with Kate.  It was amazing to see how things changed instantly right after the injections. I've always had a bit of a negative mindset with lip injections, but I think that is probably because the only ones you know are done, are ones that are over done. I've seen Kate nearly everyday since her injections & her lips look great, not fake or over done at all - really pretty results.

Thanks Kate, for letting me watch & learn with you!! :)

HAHA oh thank you Sharon!  I just started a month ago. :)

You look great! And the videos were so helpful to see the whole process. Thanks for sharing.

(BTW, this is off-topic, but do you use Latisse? Your eyelashes are super-long!)