Prevelle Worked Great for Me! Good Filler to Test out How You'll Look with Fuller Lips. (w/video) - Seattle, WA

I went to Dr. Mary Lee Peters, one of our local...

I went to Dr. Mary Lee Peters, one of our local RealSelf Doctors in Seattle to try out Prevelle. I had read on RealSelf that it is a great "starter filler" to test out how you will look with larger lips. I was nervous that if I went with another filler and spent more money I would be stuck with duck lips for 6-9 months! Honestly the reason why I got this done is not because I am insecure about my lips, I just wanted more projection and a larger top lip.

The process of getting my lips injected was honestly no more than 30 minutes in the office. It is extremely fast! I am the type of person that hates being in the doctor's office for a long time and likes to be in and out.

Dr. Peters was absolutely fantastic. She explained to me what Prevelle was, how it would work and the process. She smoothed a numbing cream over my lips and we waited a few minutes for it to kick in. Next she injected me and honestly it barely hurt. I could feel it more in the center part of my lip arch but that was about it.

I was in and out in no time and so happy with my decision! That night I was just a tad bit sore and did notice some bruising forming inside my lip. The bruising was very light for a few days, nothing that stops you from going out, just a really faint bruise in some spots.

About 3 weeks later and my lips are good to go still! Dr. Peters told me this filler lasts about 3-6 months depending on the person. I am thinking next time I may go with Juvederm to make it a little more long term. I did one full syringe so you can take a look at the results in fullness.

I think it really matters who you go to for a filler. My doctor knew exactly where to inject so my shape was much fuller but still natural. Also, it was almost painless which is really important.

Overall, great decision.

Updated 11/30/2011

So my Prevelle is pretty much gone at this point and lasted for a reasonable time for the filler being thinner. I am really glad that I was able to see how my lips look when they are enhanced and I loved the overall result!

I would say that Prevelle is really good for gauging the look you want and testing things out.  I would feel comfortable using Juvederm at this point since I really already know what to expect.  My coworker mentioned that with injectable fillers if you work out a lot your body metabolizes them a bit faster... this may have been the case with myself and the short-term result since I live a very active lifestyle.  Juvederm here I come!! :)

Seattle Plastic Surgeon

This doctor knows how to handle injectable fillers. She knew exactly how to numb me and make my lips look pretty. I have seen horror stories in the past so I made sure to go with someone that had a reputation of doing great injectable work. Plus, since she wears makeup she knows how to give you the look you want! :) Dr. Peters is very friendly and a classy plastic surgeon.