I Was Ripped Off for $4000!!!

I underwent the Lifestyle Lift procedure and my...

I underwent the Lifestyle Lift procedure and my before and after pictures are exactly the same. I was infuriated at the nonresults and after reviewing my file, discovered that I had initialed statements on the Lifestyle Lift contract that said basically they do not guarantee any particular results. I then vaguely remembered seeing these statements during my initial consultation and asked the consultant why there wasn't a written guarantee. She told me it was because some people expect too much, like that they're going to look 18 years old again. But she assured me that I would look at least ten or more years younger after the procedure.

So after I healed from the surgery and discovered I did not look younger, I met with the doctor who stated that if I wanted some adustments there would be an $800 fee. Now why in hell would I give them any more money when I feel they lied to me the first time? After several meetings with the office manager, who the doctor directed me to talk with, I was promised a free laser treatment for my face that apparently costs $2000. This proceedure was supposed to make my skin look smoother and diminish lines and blotches. After I healed from that surgery, guess what? You're right. No positive results from that one either. They even claimed my skin would continue to look better an better as time goes by, but it didn't.

I'm not sure how to go about getting some kind of compensation for the $4000 dollars I spent for nothing, not to mention the enormous feelings of dissapointment. I don't have money to hire an attorney. The only other idea I have is to go to the news stations and show them my photos.

Dr. Santos

The Lifestyle Lift contract states they do not guarantee specific results. I received no result from the procedure.

I hope you guys will reconsider going to Dr. Diaz in Huntersville. I know someone that went to him and had surgery.
I figure one office is as big a rip off as any other and I cancelled my appt. for surgery since they scheduled me really quickly, that in itself was a red flag. I am so glad i saw your comment. your face is nothing to play with. again thanks
I would give dr. diaz a try, how do you get in touch with him?

thanks
his office is in huntersville, nc. You can call
704-948-3370.
THERE IS NO LIFESTYLE FACELIFT. I want to see a video of it , but cannot find it. It appears to be just a referral and marketing company started by an osteopathic Ear Nose and Throat doctor who never did any fellowship in plastic surgery. Each doctor they refer you too will do something different depending on how much money they can get from you. Based on the bad results that we see on the net. I would say that some of the doctors are less then competent and I would seriously question if they had adequate training. I am sorry that Americans are so bloody gullible. NEVER BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU SEE ON TELEVISION!! It is a medium of liers and lies (and that includes the news)
You want to see a video of it? I'd like to see their website state what is really done. Although too late for me, maybe years later I will know what they did& hopefully some expert P.S. can help me. There is no surgical report on what they do, either. It would be great to not hurt anymore.But, they don't care, take the money, run& I'm suprised they don't say, don't come back'. I guess their actions said that, I just believed their words in the center& corporate, they'd be there for me& do care. They led me on almost 2 years!!!
All the doctors above know what they are talking about. The marketing and targeting of a particular age group and the promise of a quick and almost painless (akin to going to the dentist) procedure, which by the way is just not true!! The revamping of their website and removing potentially damming information posted by LSL that has been removed in the last year is just one of the many things that they have done as far as damage control. I can only hope that any woman considering this procedure will also seek out a 2nd and 3rd opinion -- compare apples to apples, not apples to onions. Best, Chrystal Eckes.
I agree with you Chystal. I encourage my patients to look for a second opinion, but they always come back to me to do the procedure.
There may be some horror stories from lifestyle lift and I am very sorry for those who have gotten bad results. my surgeon was very good, board certified in plastic surgery and very god at what he does. before suing lifestyle lift, give my surgeon a try. He is in Huntersville nc. Dr. Gus Diaz
Dr Diaz did my surgery too, at the end of Dec. I also have had a good result with Lifestyle Lift. Maybe we were lucky to have a good doc. I am only 6 weeks out but the results are wonderful especially my neck! I think he is a well trained doc and a caring person. Also the girls at the office are good too.
Hey Bev, Does he do housecalls? That's a long ride for me..
I used to do house calls when I was in Alabama and if the patient was close to the clinic. Here in Huntersville I have not done it. I have a lot of patients that come 3-6 hours away. It was a good try from you part.... I like your humor.
I wasn't trying anything, really. Just commenting that to see a good doc at LSL was a hike for me, so I flippantly asked if you did housecalls.But, I'm glad you 'caught' the humor. Thx
I agree wholeheartedly with Drs. Rand and Blinski. The marketing scheme of Lifestyle Lift is to offer the impossible dream: a quick recovery procedure, no anesthesia, quicker, faster, and cheaper. None of these claims are really accurate or explain the whole picture of Facelift surgery. It is quite surprising that LSL has been able to get away with their practices for so long. The main reason is the company's aggressive legal defense program of suing those who raise doubts about them (the CBS affiliate in Atlanta, RealSelf, Infomercial scams.com), and their approach toward unhappy patients (confidentiality waivers). LSL obviously understands marketing and the public's response to it. The fairly significant turnover in LSL surgeons, the number of unhappy patients, and the appearance of the average LSL scar ought to be enough to make any potential patient wary.
I agree with 100% of your comments about LSL. My question to you and any other doctor would be how can we get the Medical Community to take notice of what is going on with this company. I think that the age group of the women/men that is being operated on were taught very young as I was, that there were 3 people in the world that you could trust, Your Preacher, The Police and Your Doctor. I believe many LSL patients fall into this group and believe what they are being told. The other obstacle, many in this age group are not computer savy... They don't know to go online and look up their doctor and see if he/she is board certified and in what area of expertise much less how many procedures has the doctor performed and how long have they been practicing this particular procedure. I know that I certainly have learned a lot after my LSL and the aftermath. There is more information about LSL now than there was in 2007 and complaints are easier to find without all the fake websites. I will say this, the doctor that performed my procedure is board certified and has no complaints against him, and he also runs his own practice. What I cannot figure out is why he would want to align his self with LSL in the first place????
I do wish patients would research the LSL and take note of the enormous number of unhappy patients following this procedure. You will not see these same unhappy patients after a well performed real facelift by a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon. I can understand that it is tempting to want the same result as a facelift for less money, less surgery time, less anesthesia, and supposedly less recovery. But these are false hopes. The price is less, but so is the experience and training of the doctor. They are rarely real board certified plastic surgeons! The risks are actually the same or more because of the lower experience level of the doctor and the recovery is no shorter. My patients are 95% fine after 2 weeks from a full facelift and they get the result they want. And it lasts. This is such a buyer be ware market these days and savy people won't be tempted by the LSL if they do their due diligence and proper research. Just my opinion...
Dr Rand, When I had mine done, there were no links that brought you to this website. All we had to go on was believing what the Dr& staff told us they do& what to expect. I've always trusted my doctors and if there was something I didn't understand, I would ask. I asked all the right questions, got what I thought were true answers & proceeded. It was well over a year I went to a different P.S, even then, LSL was telling me my nerve damage sometimes takes longer& I believed that. Then I looked up LSL to try to find an email address to the company& found infomercialscams.com& Realself.com.. The 2nd consult I got, gave me numbers of the P.S. Board, state medical licensing boards, etc to check up on my Dr. From the state board, I found out terrible things & started calling every place that Dr ever worked, except out of the country. It was all coming together what I was reading, what LSL website promised and what the boards said. Very shady..yet, no way for me to know this ahead of time. I saw other P.S, got a few opinions, didn't want to be cut all over& didn't need to be, so I opted for the pick me up, fresher, easy way that LSL promised & got way worse. I believe in my heart a true full facelift would've been easier on me. When companies make things look like a pc of cake, we tend to believe it, because we trust the Dr. This was my 1st P.S experience & I had no idea anyone that is an MD can practice this . The laws need to be changed to correct this. It is wrong on so many levels. My opinion...also
Your experience is not the only one of dissatisfaction with the Lifestyle Lift. There are plenty of negative reviews. Lifestyle Lift preys upon the desire of patients to get a lot for a little. A facelift is a complicated operation that takes time in achieving a good result. By promising fantastic results in "about an hour" under local anesthesia they manage to seduce a LOT of people into their services. Unfortunately, many people are let down when the procedure is over and they are fully healed. The allure of a cheap price and promises of rapid surgery and rapid recovery have charmed all too many patients to choose this option over a well performed facelift (albeit at a higher price). Lifestyle Lift was fined hundreds of thousands of dollars in New york for fraudulent online review postings. Basically (as I understand it) employees were posting positive reviews as if they were patients. I would encourage you to seek the counsel of Mr. Wahl and explore your rights. By posting your experience you have hopefully helped others from ending up in a similar position.
I also believe they target women in their 50's and 60's, that are not so computer savy. I found this website by accident& was horrified that all the stories were told as if I was telling it. Scarey Stuff!
Thank you, Dr. Rubenstein for your review. I have actually been argueing with my husband for one week to let me do the LSL. I am 68 years old and still look pretty good but my neck looks awful. I was so excited after talking to a phone rep from LSL that I made my appt. right away. When I told my husband he put his foot down and said "No way"! I've been upset since then until I read these reviews and especially yours. I am canceling my appt. on Monday and I will not regret it. Now to apologise to my wonderful husband who loves me just the way I am. Thank you!
There is a multi-state class action suit underway and relates to deceptive advertising. The attorney's name is Jeffrey Wahl based out of Cleveland. Sorry about your experience.
I don't see how you could get any of your money back unless there is some type of class action law suit that settles years down the road. Unless the paper work you signed guarenteed a specific result this is all elective surgery and they can even say they offered you a free expensive treatment and you were still not satisfied. After reading all of the terrible horror stories on here and other web areas about people being disfigured and still without their money I doubt any compensation will be coming your way.
Buyer beware!!! You join a LONG LIST of dissatisfied LSL patients. Why did you not research them first. even on REAL SELF their approval rating is below 30%. Always get 3 opinions prior to any surgery. From MIAMI