Sculptra: Good Stuff - Seattle

I've had sculptra injected on three occasions...

I've had sculptra injected on three occasions.  I had spots on my chin under the corners of my mouth that had caved in.

My doctor not only injected (a full vial) into lines around my nose and mouth, but also above my cheekbones.  Someone later told me that I had "happy cheeks," which is a good description of the result.

I massaged thoroughly as instructed afterward, and did get one small lump near the corner of my mouth.  Since it is invisible, I have not taken steps (a drop of steriod may be injected to dispell the lump) to remove it.

Like Thermage, Sculptra takes months to see the results, and I have seen a significant improvement.  I liked the concept that Sculptra works by stimulating your body to make more of your own natual collagen to plump up lines.

Had it injected along with a Thermage session under anesthesia.

I've had sculptra injections each fall since...

I've had sculptra injections each fall since 2005. It hurts a bit going it, but the discomfort is manageable. In the beginning, I bruised A LOT. I have learned to eliminate wine for 4 days before, and also stop taking fish oil, vitamin e and pain relievers such as aspirin in the days before. I also took Sin-Ecch this time, which is supposed to help with bruising. The first year I had a small lump (only I could tell that it was there) but not lumps thereafter. I ice and massage dilligently, using arnica ointment and vitamin K cream. I cover the small bruises with Jane Iredale facial powder - dotted on with a brush. I have been injected in my cheeks below my eyes, naso-labial folds and chin area. Just saw my photos from 2005, and I do not appear to have aged since them! This is very worth the money spent - another $800 this year. I have no desire to plump my lips, but this type of overall facial collagen augmentation is perfect for me.

Bruising with Sculptra Injections: I've had...

Bruising with Sculptra Injections: I've had sculptra injected 5 times now over a period of 5 years. I've learned a thing or two about minimizing bruising.

Eliminate blood thinners: aspirin, red wine/alcohol, vitamin e, fish oil and ginkgo. Google your siupplements for blood thinning action if you are unsure. I'm pretty sure that vitamin e and fish oil intake made for more bruising after my first few procedures.

Use Sinecch (oral arnica) before the procedue and during recovery.

I first three times I had scuptra injections I had them simultaneously with thermage...which heated my dermis and made the bruising gastly. Now I have the scuptra injections separate from other procedures. Ice BEFORE the procedue to shrink blood vessels and reduce risk needle nicking and resultant bleeding.

I alternate massage with vitamin K cream, arnica cream and ice in between massaging. I got one small nodule near my mounth 5 years ago and it has now dissappeared. I massage vigorously without regard to bruising and have resonded well to every treatment. It has been well worth the time and expense.

While still bruised, I use Jane Iredale loose powder dabbed on the dark spots to camoflage. I've had sculptra under my eyes, in cheeks, maroinette lines, chin and even a bit in my upper lip.

Dr. Schell

Dr. has artistry - not every doctor does!

How about a photo?
who is your doctor?
Dr. Barbara Schell
I have indentations on both cheeks which are visible when i smile as a result of a stupid mistake I made when dr. recommended I have cheek implants- so indentations were left when i had them removed. So the Dr. thought the Sculptra might help out. Its been 3 weeks and so far nothing- actually it may have even gotten worse. Its hard to say because I dont have any pics from before. Do you think sculptra will help or you think i should proceed if i dont see any improvement after 4 weeks? Thank you!