Fantastic! - Seattle, WA

I had heard of a study that showed that women who...

I had heard of a study that showed that women who had immediate reconstruction looked at themselves in the mirror and thought about what they would do today, and those who looked in the mirror without reconstruction thought, "I have cancer." because of the scars. That made sense to me. Every time I buy clothes, I don't have to figure out how it will look with no breasts. I have a fourteen year old daughter who has a nice figure, and just starting to be a young woman. I thought about what message I would be sending her if I stayed flat chested, that her "blooming" was not important. I also know a couple of women who wished they had had immediate reconstruction because their prosthesis is hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

I am very glad I got the immediate reconstruction because the expanders were placed during the same surgery as the mastectomy, so that is one less surgery to go through. I am happy with my choice. (My insurance paid for the surgery, except for the annual deductible of $2,200 before it kicks in.)

Seattle Plastic Surgeon

Dr. V did immediate reconstruction during my bilateral mastectomy in August 2010. I had expanders, then implants were placed in April 2011. Dr. V has done a great job! I am very happy with the results and very happy with Dr. V's caring and skill. She is very responsive when I have questions, and explains everything!

Carol,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your words will serve as positive inspiration for women when they consider reconstruction.  Please check back often and stay well.