Tattoo Removal in Bellevue, Washington

So..... I was a wild one in my late teens and...

So..... I was a wild one in my late teens and decided to get a bunch of unnecessary tattoos. When I hit my 20's and realized how tacky they looked I decided to go and seek tattoo removal.

My experience was that IT HURTS! You can get numbing injections but I could not have the one that worked best because it caused my heart to race. I decided to go with the non stimulating type injection but it didn't seem to completely numb the tattoo. YES, it is worth it. I have one more that is halfway removed and I will post when the tattoo is off. It makes me think twice about getting another one.

I had one other tattoo removed that I posted up on...

I had one other tattoo removed that I posted up on the site. Here is the 2nd one I am working on. I was about 17 whenI got it done and now 27 and really trying to get it off! I can never where tank tops without having to cover it up because it looks so tacky, even halfway removed.

If the tattoo artist has used an unnecessarily large needle for the tattoo, it is VERY hard to remove. I am 6 sessions in, 1000.00 invested and the tattoo is almost half way gone. Remember when you are getting this done to be very patient. The hardest part about tattoo removal is that I can't exercise for a day or two after the procedure is done and I have to wear a huge bandage. It will be worth it once it is done.

Update June 28, 2012

I just went again last night to Caddell's and had another treatment. Debbie took over for Greg and I LOVE her! She charges by the minute versus by the square inch which is much more affordable. She also really understands ink and does all the ex-prison and gang members for free. Right there shows the type of person she is. Because she understands the types of inks and lasers involved she used a laser on me that is supposed to be better with blue ink. I am about 16 hours out now and waiting to change my bandage. I am going back in August so I will keep you posted! She recommends a treatment every 6-8 weeks. :)

The reason I went back to Caddell's is that I stopped by Kukumber Skin Lounge which is on my way home and did one treatment there one day. The lady working the laser could not find my ink and was shaking while she was working on me. It was not a good experience at all, I was really disappointed.

With Debbie's laser at Caddell's she said it still picks up on the ink. I'll keep everyone updated!

7/7 Just posted pics of my bandages that I had to keep on for 3 days as well as my progress (scaly and very itchy!)

7/8 Ok... So today my scabs have pretty much fallen off and I can see how the ink has lifted out into the scab. I know this sounds gross but my tattoo removal specialist's laser works in two ways. It causes you to form a scab which lifts the ink, but also the laser makes it so your body absorbs some of the ink as well over time. This makes sense since I have noticed my tattoo has faded in between treatments over time. The other tattoo removal companies in the area have lasers that just blister you and so your body supposedly absorbs all of the ink. Debbie told me that she has tested these lasers and hasn't gotten the results she was hoping for. I went to the pool today and was really excited about how much my tattoo has lifted and gone away after this one last treatment. I think it REALLY helped using the laser for blue ink. I am actually really looking forward to my next treatment (never thought I'd look forward to being lasered). :/ I am feeling confident I can have my tattoo gone in the next treatment or two so I can start working on the others. Because she charges by the minute I am also less stressed out on the costs. That is one reason I've hesitated so long between treatments. I'll update pictures soon....

7/19 Ok I went back Tuesday for another treatment, but now to start working on my other tattoos! I was going to begin working on my back and stomach but the problem is that I am too tan. Debbie told me it would be a waste of a treatment until my skin lightens a bit so that I don't blister. I really appreciated the honesty and not going through it for nothing. Instead, I worked on my butt tattoo and foot today. I'm uploading photos so you can see how it looks after a treatment.

I am going to make sure I have no spray tan on or tan tan and am coming back in two weeks. Also, check out my arm lightening up daily! Next treatment- end of July- arm again, end of August.

OK... BEST PIECE OF ADVICE. I have been doing this lately with NO NUMBING. I am not going to lie- it definitely hurts. Actually, the butt by far hurt the most- I guess fat has more nerve endings. I suggest talking to Debbie about putting on numbing cream 45 minutes before you come in. She can put it on in the office but it takes 45 minutes to kick it and I am too impatient to wait. It is tolerable without numbing- I don't have a great pain tolerance, but have to warn you that it is uncomfortable. Next treatment I am going to talk to her about numbing beforehand to take some edge off.

8/10 Just had my back worked on last night with the laser... Jerry and Debbie worked on it. OMG, ok the back hurts! I am having my doctor order me lidocaine cream and supposedly I need to put plastic wrap over it an hour before and let the numbing cream kick in. I'm going back next week to have my stomach worked on- and I will be numbed to the hills! I'll update you on how it looks when I take my bandage off.

For all you with colored tattoos- Lucky you! Black tattoos hurt way more to remove- the colored ink removing laser doesn't bother me. The nice thing is that Debbie and Jerry are so cool that at least you don't want to run out of the room.

I'm uploading a new pic of my stomach that's been lasered once- as of last week.

Believe it or not, the stomach didn't really hurt because I left the lidocaine on for about an hour and covered it with plastic wrap before we started. Piece of cake... never thought I'd say that. Thank goodness for numbing cream!

I'll post a pic- it already looks lighter.

09/26/2012 Going in tonight to have my stomach treated again. Wish me luck!

10/12/2012 Just went last night for treatment #3 on my back. I'll keep you posted but it's really lightening. It's funny because I am getting a lot of compliments on it now that it is fading. I think this is because before it was a dark blob and no one knew what it was. LOL

Also, my stomach I am seeing a little bit of lightening on but not a ton so far. Debbie told me because it's tribal it take a lot longer to remove because the ink is layered and deep. I am realizing that color is a lot easier to remove than black- much to the opposition that you hear from people. Trust me- been there, doing that!

I've only had 2 treatments done on my stomach though, and I remember with my arms I didn't see a big difference until 3/4, and then it was really noticeable. The Lidocaine cream is my best friend btw! It really helped me with the uncomfort last night.

Caddell's Laser

At first I was happy with Caddell's and Greg but was getting frustrated by the amount of treatments it was taking to remove my tattoos. He got one off but the other one is being stubborn. Debbie has taken over and she REALLY knows what lasers to use with what types of ink. One treatment with her (at less cost then before) there is an enormous difference with my tattoo. I am feeling like lasers really can work well when they are used by the right technician. So I'm sticking with Caddell's, and I have really done my homework on this one. 8/16 update- Here is my stomach tattoo video below that I took to show you what it is like. :) Thank goodness for Lidocaine cream! Also FINALLY my back isn't itching anymore. Where the colored laser hit the angel's head it was itching pretty bad for several days. It's mellowed out. ;)